After new 1.5 update game flatlines at startup

+
I'm having the same issue and have nothing related to NahimicService (or NahimicAPI) on my system. This is a terrible experience, super frustrated as I did not have this instant crash issue on prior versions.

I'm having the same issue and have nothing related to NahimicService (or NahimicAPI) on my system. This is a terrible experience, super frustrated as I did not have this instant crash issue on prior versions.

Same, Didn't have issues like this with the previous versions. Super frustrating. I hate removing things from my Task Manager IMHO. Makes me super nervous that I'm gonna accidentally break something.

Same, Didn't have issues like this with the previous versions. Super frustrating. I hate removing things from my Task Manager IMHO. Makes me super nervous that I'm gonna accidentally break something.
It's "audio" related (some describe it as "malware" on reddit, but it's reddit > grain of salt^^)
Nahimic - Audio that matters
Have you already try all of these steps ?

LeKill3rFou thanks for this... stopping the Nahimic service solved it. Though I wish I knew it earlier cause I already reinstalled the game in the meantime. I don´t envy those who might did it as well using for example 50 Mbit or slower downlink...

Anyway, I actually use Nahimic app for tuning sound quite a lot so this doesn´t please me at all but if it´s all that needs to be done before game launch, I guess I can live with it for some time.

Edit: it seems it affects the game during launch phase only - you can turn the service back on and launch Nahimic app again when you´re in game but I´ve been testing it for a little while only so it´s possible it might cause crashes like this.
And as LeKill3rFou mentioned, don´t uninstall anything - simply stopping the service does the trick.

My configuration, for troubleshooting purposes:
- Ryzen 2700X custom OC at 4,2 GHz
- 32 GB HyperX RAM, currently at 2933 MHz, for stability
- Asus ROG Radeon RX 5700 XT - basic setup with performace BIOS profile
- MSI B450 Gaming Pro Carbon... with Nahimic Audio :D

Last edited:
I have played this game almost through to it's entirety up until this release. I download the massive 60 gig update hit play on the launcher per normal. And wouldn't you know it? Cyberpunk crashes. Not really the first time. But the first time after a major patch. Fix this shyte CDPR. I have an i7-9700k CPU with a EVGA RTX-2080 XC Ultra, 32 gigs of DDR 4 Ripjaws more than ample storage and Windows 11. I have tried running it as an admin I have tried verifying the download files. Reinstall. Resetting the graphics options in my Geforce/nVidia control panel to a lower setting. Just in case. Which I highly doubted. But still better to try right? Nothing, Notta the Big Bubkiss.
my problem with crashing wasn't always the games fault it was my ps4 pro over heating how many fans do you have on your system? I have 3 the one underneath on the back and behind it keeps the game playing for quite a while until it over heats I know it's bolth though redownloading my copy and the update now well see how it goes this weekend

LeKill3rFou thanks for this... stopping the Nahimic service solved it. Though I wish I knew it earlier cause I already reinstalled the game in the meantime. I don´t envy those who might did it as well using for example 50 Mbit or slower downlink...

Anyway, I actually use Nahimic app for tuning sound quite a lot so this doesn´t please me at all but if it´s all that needs to be done before game launch, I guess I can live with it for some time.
Nice, but I'm sure an update to fix that should be release soon enough (it's annoying to disable something to play a game, above all when it was not a problem before).

If it crash on boot (as soon as you clic on Play), maybe you can try to disable NahimicService (or NahimicAPI) in the Task Manager.
(if it work, make sure that it won't restart and run when you play Cyberpunk).

thanks this was the issue. weird when some audio service stopping the game from working (which was otherwise fine)

thanks this was the issue. weird when some audio service stopping the game from working (which was otherwise fine)
Yep it's weird, some kind of incompatibility between them. I hope for a quick game update (I don't expect any update of Nahimic for that^^)

Edit: it seems it affects the game during launch phase only - you can turn the service back on and launch Nahimic app again when you´re in game but I´ve been testing it for a little while only so it´s possible it might cause crashes like this.
And as LeKill3rFou mentioned, don´t uninstall anything - simply stopping the service does the trick.

My configuration, for troubleshooting purposes:
- Ryzen 2700X custom OC at 4,2 GHz
- 32 GB HyperX RAM, currently at 2933 MHz, for stability
- Asus ROG Radeon RX 5700 XT - basic setup with performace BIOS profile
- MSI B450 Gaming Pro Carbon... with Nahimic Audio :D
My configuration
-Case: Lian Li 0.11 Dynamic
-Motherboard: Asus Rog Strix E Gaming Series Z390
-Cooling: Twin RGB 3 Corsair 120 MM RGB Case Fans
-Heatsink: NZXT Z73 Kraken AIO Liquid Cooling Radiator
-Power: 750 Watt Thermaltake Gamer Ice PSU
-CPU: I7-9700k Overclocked to 33% at 4.6 GHz
-Ram: 32 Gigs of DDR 4 Ripjaw Ram rated at 3300 MHz
-Storage: 1 NVME m.2 Samsung 970 1 TB Main OS Drive 2, 4 Terabyte Twin Hybrid drives 1 4 TB Regular external backup drive
-GPU: EVGA RTX-2080 XC Ultra 8 gigs of dedicated video ram

Built it mostly for future proofing. Just wasn't expecting the future to show up this quickly

1644990552125.png

After I upgrade version 1.5, this crash window keeps popping up when I enter the game, and I can't enter the game, which is very annoying. Please help me from a technician. I have uninstalled the game and reinstalled it, but the problem remains the same.

Grateful!

Can you verify if you have something named NahimicService or NahimicAPI in your task manager ?
If yes disable it, the game should run fine after (make sure the Nahimic "thing" won't restart later).

Sken

Forum veteran
I was having the same issue. Didn't have anything Nahimic related on my system.

Uninstalled, and then deleted the folder from my hard drive so there were no remnants of the prior installation. Did a clean install, and it works.

So I read to make sure you dont have any mods installed as they all need to be updated for new patch

THAT FIXED the flat lining at launch
but now it simply doesnt Sync up and Launch at all

Read the fix for that is to completely uninstall and reinstall (so will try that next)

Ive no clue what Nahimic stuff is but not keen on removing files
CDPR will have to fix that portion of it

Hopefully full uninstall and reinstall will work

Ive no clue what Nahimic stuff is but not keen on removing files
CDPR will have to fix that portion of it
Nahimic
You don't remove anything, you just turn off this thing in the Task Manager (a kind audio manager if I understand right).
NahimicService or NahimicAPI

But if you don't have the faltline on boot, it's not Nahimic for sure. If you had a problem with Nahimic, the game should flatline as soon as you clic on "Play".

Just like people here say, the crash is most likely caused by audio software conflict.

Beside Nahimic, so far we've identified this issue also with audio drivers such as A-Volute or Sonic Studio. We're currently investigating.

Meanwhile, as a temporary solution, we recommend disabling said drivers before launching the game. You can also try following the steps we described in this article: https://support.cdprojektred.com/en/cyberpunk/pc/sp-technical/issue/1700/my-game-crashes-7

Flatlines every time for me after the update now. Do not have any Nahimic services or A-Volute or Sonic Studio running. I uninstalled all audio devices and that didn't help. Ugh.

Top Bottom