After patch 1.05 enemies become unkillable after using any quickhacks on them

+
I had no such problems up to yesterday playing the PC version from GOG. However, today after receiving the 1.05 update it looks like hacking has regressed severely for me. Whenever I quickhack an enemy (seemingly any targetted quickhack), they become unkillable/undownable/invincible/immortal.

Note that I'm also unable to down them using stealth takedowns. After chocking them, they go down and instantly stand back up without even noticing me.

Anybody else seeing this? I put all my points into Tech and Int and my main way to deal with enemies was using quickhacks and stealthly eliminate them.

UPDATE:
If you are hitting this as of 1.05, make sure you don't have the Legendary Cripple Movement cyberhack equipped on your cyberdeck. At least for me that seemed to be what was causing the bug (possibly due to the passive effect causing the bug).

Last edited:
And here i was hoping to start a second playthrough focusing on hacking and stealth today @_@

Im getting an infinite loading screen on Steam PC when i go with panam in car during "lightning breaks".

My setup is pretty good; i can run the game at "RTX medium" preset with 100 avg fps.. but now this loading screen suddenly pops in midgame (this is the first time its happened to me) and is stuck there at 10%. I noticed it happen right after installing HOTFIX 1.05... so im pretty sure its the patch

wtf is this :D if you empty their health bar, do they still can do damage to you?
After emptying their health they seem to stay in a semi-dead state. They behave like normal, aim at me like normal, they just don't shoot, or do anything too interesting. They just... exist.

For me everything works as intended, I one-shot-quick-hack goons and they're dead.
Interestingly, when using System Reset, the very first time, the first guy I use it on does go down and stay down. However, I'm using cyberware that is supposed to make it spread once to a nearby enemy, it spreads, but the second enemy does not go down and becomes unkillable. So to me it seems that the very first cyberhack ends up having the correct effect, but after the first any other attempt to use cyberhacks does nothing to enemies and they become unkillable.

After emptying their health they seem to stay in a semi-dead state. They behave like normal, aim at me like normal, they just don't shoot, or do anything too interesting. They just... exist.

Interestingly, when using System Reset, the very first time, the first guy I use it on does go down and stay down. However, I'm using cyberware that is supposed to make it spread once to a nearby enemy, it spreads, but the second enemy does not go down and becomes unkillable. So to me it seems that the very first cyberhack ends up having the correct effect, but after the first any other attempt to use cyberhacks does nothing to enemies and they become unkillable.
so they are dead, for some reason they move for you, i just tested everything works fine for me, try removing your quickacks from cyberdeck restarting game and puting them back in, do you use non lethal weapon mod?

so they are dead, for some reason they move for you, i just tested everything works fine for me, try removing your quickacks from cyberdeck restarting game and puting them back in, do you use non lethal weapon mod?
Aha! Yes every weapon I actually use had the non lethal weapon mod. I tried a lethal weapon and it works! So looks like the bug I'm seeing is scoped to just using non-lethal ways of eliminating enemies after hacking them. Weapons with the non-lethal mod can't down them nor can stealth non-lethal takedowns. Hacking itself is also broken as I mentioned above. It'll have the desired effect only the first time after loading a game, then quickhacks stop working on enemies altogether (RAM gets spent and the cooldown applies, but nothing happens to the enemies).

Unfortunately that still kinda breaks the game for me... was doing a non-lethal hack-based run. :(

But I also tried what you suggested of removing all quickhacks, restarting the game, and trying again. It didn't work with the same exact set of quickhacks. HOWEVER, I went down to just one quickhack and suddenly things started working again. So it seemed there was a bad behaving quickhack in my cyberdeck. I started A/B testing different quickhacks being equipped and found the culprit! Having the Legendary Cripple Movement quickhack equipped in the cyberdeck was breaking it for me. Only started after 1.05 as far as I know. Just having it equipped was enough to break things quite possibly because it has a passive effect:
1608467364746.png

So maybe there should be an addendum to "cannot sprint", a side effect is also that they can never go down except lethally (and it breaks quickhacking afterwards). lol

Aha! Yes every weapon I actually use had the non lethal weapon mod. I tried a lethal weapon and it works! So looks like the bug I'm seeing is scoped to just using non-lethal ways of eliminating enemies after hacking them. Weapons with the non-lethal mod can't down them nor can stealth non-lethal takedowns. Hacking itself is also broken as I mentioned above. It'll have the desired effect only the first time after loading a game, then quickhacks stop working on enemies altogether (RAM gets spent and the cooldown applies, but nothing happens to the enemies).

Unfortunately that still kinda breaks the game for me... was doing a non-lethal hack-based run. :(

But I also tried what you suggested of removing all quickhacks, restarting the game, and trying again. It didn't work with the same exact set of quickhacks. HOWEVER, I went down to just one quickhack and suddenly things started working again. So it seemed there was a bad behaving quickhack in my cyberdeck. I started A/B testing different quickhacks being equipped and found the culprit! Having the Legendary Cripple Movement quickhack equipped in the cyberdeck was breaking it for me. Only started after 1.05 as far as I know. Just having it equipped was enough to break things quite possibly because it has a passive effect:
View attachment 11101088

So maybe there should be an addendum to "cannot sprint", a side effect is also that they can never go down except lethally (and it breaks quickhacking afterwards). lol
Yes this pasive is breaking the game i have epic one and it works fine, report it to the devs.

Soooo... The solution is to never ever use the best quick hacks...
This is happening to me, and when all the enemies are invincible, I get massive slowdown to my pc, rendering the framerate more jagged than a sharks mouth.

Top Bottom