After the 1.61 update, my game seems to crash for absolutely no reason at all.

+
I have the latest NVIDIA drivers and my parts can run cyberpunk just fine (RTX 3060, i5 11th gen, 16 gigs ddr4 ram) but just after this latest update out of the blue it is SEVERELY unstable, i even got a bluescreen last night.

I've done no overclocking, never even touched mods and have clean installed the game yet it still crashes at random ranging from as soon as i load a save to 5 minutes after. What else could i possibly troubleshoot here to find the issue?

Just to be sure, you verified the game files ?
Did you also try to clean install your drivers with DDU ?
I. Download the latest drivers using the following link: https://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us
II. Download Display Driver Uninstaller and run it to remove previous versions of drivers.
III. Clean install drivers that you've downloaded in step 1.
An by "clean installed", you mean that ?

Out of curiosity, are these saves you are loading from before 1.61?

If so, have you tried a new game entirely?

When you got your BSOD, did you take a look at your crash log? It could help pinpoint what's the issue.

Your hardware might be good enough for CP2077 but it could also be faulty. Have you stress tested everything?

Besides the BSOD, did you get any kind of error message from your crashes? What are we talking about here exactly? Hard crash straight to desktop? Hard freeze forcing you to end task?

What about other very demanding games, do they run just fine?

The more details the better the chances of us being able to help.

Just to be sure, you verified the game files ?
Did you also try to clean install your drivers with DDU ?

An by "clean installed", you mean that ?
Yep, it verified after the update and i verified again after experiencing the crashes.
Post automatically merged:

When you got your BSOD, did you take a look at your crash log? It could help pinpoint what's the issue.

Your hardware might be good enough for CP2077 but it could also be faulty. Have you stress tested everything?

Besides the BSOD, did you get any kind of error message from your crashes? What are we talking about here exactly? Hard crash straight to desktop? Hard freeze forcing you to end task?

I'm trying a clean install yet again, once that's done i'll try a brand new save and see if that fixes anything. Realllly hoping my main save isnt bricked though cos i've clocked in 30 hours. And where can i access the crash log? i only saw the options to send a report to CDPR when the game flatlines.

As for the type of crashes, 90% of the time it was straight to desktop flatline crashes after absolutely no preformance issues or anything, just the game suddenly killing itself. As for the other 10%, same deal but instead of being kind enough to send me to desktop it bluescreened my PC.

Oh, and the BSOD provided no info, it just stopped everything and restarted my system.

Yep, it verified after the update and i verified again after experiencing the crashes.

I'm trying a clean install yet again, once that's done i'll try a brand new save and see if that fixes anything. Realllly hoping my main save isnt bricked though cos i've clocked in 30 hours. And where can i access the crash log? i only saw the options to send a report to CDPR when the game flatlines.

As for the type of crashes, 90% of the time it was straight to desktop flatline crashes after absolutely no preformance issues or anything, just the game suddenly killing itself. As for the other 10%, same deal but instead of being kind enough to send me to desktop it bluescreened my PC.

Oh, and the BSOD provided no info, it just stopped everything and restarted my system.

I'm... having a laugh over this one. I recently replaced my PSU and found that my case fans were not running. The game was simply cooking my PC and ended up crashing due to my parts getting too hot. False alarm, sorry for the waste of time.

Last edited:
Top Bottom