After the end of the game - A request please

+

After the end of the game - A request please

• Total voters
so a basic crime system more immesrive lotting and npc reaction needed the fix on the end, plus to finish fixing some quests and fix the underdeveloped stories , probably the end is rushed too as in w2 i hope they get fixed paid or not dont care

Completely agree, after the end of the story, you get a hatchet Bioware style return to before you finished empty barren world devoid of all the characters, now then...CDPR need to address this issue with populating the world with who was left after the ending, or release the RedKit.

The people left alive live in the world, you can have a follower option for them, just make it Lambert , Eskiel and Kiera , Triss, Yen etc are waiting at Kaer Mohren.
If Ciri lived she is waiting in Vizima, if she is a Witcher at Kaer Mohren. triss could have a new flat in Novigrad,

I'm not trying to be "that guy" but why would you want to talk to these people using the same dialogue as before? There's a reason the game has so many endings. To promote re-playability.

The game has so many choices that the common sense thing to do would be to start over (on a harder difficulty if you haven't already played on the hardest) and make different choices from your first play through. Both story and Alchemy/Skills/Armours ect ect.

Every game world feels empty to some extent when completed because..... Well you've completed it.

Guy that started thread just sounds like sad/lonely person (no offense) - especially the part about "even if its just the same dialog again". The idea of feeling "lonely" after the main story is really more a reflection of the poster than the game. Witcher 3 is a story, not a MMORPG. CDPR builds this massive world where it can take hundreds of hours to explore everything and still there are whiners about it having an end. ITS OVER, the story is over. For completion sake CDPR was nice enough to not just dump you back to menu after the game, but leave it open to finish up any remaining quests. This REALLY isn't complicated.

This also isn't a girlfriend simulator. Anyone hoping it would be that probably needs to seek help.

Seems like a lot of introverts get attracted to games like this, and just videogames in generao, and its certainly easy to "lose yourself" in it for hours or days or even weeks and thats a real testament to what a great job CDPR did crafting this gem, but its not a substitute for friends or for life. I didn't feel "lonely" after completing the story, but then again I have friends, family, a girlfriend, two dogs and a basketball league demanding my attention.

Last edited:
After endgame, other than the empty feeling, they need to rebalance enemies, it is as important, this game is a massive open world with a lot of sidequests and even more exploration quests scattered on the map.

How should we play the game ? rushing mainstory, all those monsters in sidequests became too weak because mainstory boosts level very fast, rushing sidequests is impossible there are too many and we'll never get to finish mainstory.

Imo the solution is alter the world state after endgame, rebalance enemies, and everything will be fine however we play it.

---------- Updated at 12:12 AM ----------

Guy that started thread just sounds like sad/lonely person (no offense) - but the idea of feeling "lonely" after the main story is really more a reflection of the poster than the game. Witcher 3 is a story, not a MMORPG. CDPR builds this massive world where it can take hundreds of hours to explore everything and still there are whiners about it having an end. ITS OVER, the story is over. Really not a hardthink concept here. This also isn't a girlfriend simulator. Anyone hoping it would be that probably needs to seek help.

I think a lot of introverts get attracted to games like this, certainly easy to "lose yourself" in it for hours or days or even weeks and thats a real testament to what a great job CDPR did crafting this gem, but its not a substitute for friends or for life. I didn't feel "lonely" after completing the story, I simply left the game world and returned to everyday life with friends, family and girlfriend.

Everything that happens outside of the game goes without saying. That's not the subject of this thread.

What is the point of exploring the rest of the game after endgame, the enemies are weak, we already got the best gears from any school of our choice. The world isn't worth exploring anymore without story, but implementing the world state plus important characters and rebalancing enemies would have huge impact and motivate us more to explore for completion.

What is the point of exploring the rest of the game after endgame, the enemies are weak, we already got the best gears from any school of our choice. The world isn't worth exploring anymore without story, but implementing the world state plus important characters and rebalancing enemies would have huge impact and motivate us more to explore for completion.
That is the entire freaking point. It's the END you are not meant to be compelled to do anything, the game is OVER. There need be no characters in the world or motivations or more gear or balanced enemies. There is a concept of a terminal point, and somewhere along the way you've forgotten that you reached it. The witcher 3 has an ending. It's not a never-ending world continuous growing and inhabited. It's a story that has reached its conclusion. Full stop, end of story.

That is the entire freaking point. It's the END you are not meant to be compelled to do anything, the game is OVER. There need be no characters in the world or motivations or more gear or balanced enemies. There is a concept of a terminal point, and somewhere along the way you've forgotten that you reached it. The witcher 3 has an ending. It's not a never-ending world continuous growing and inhabited. It's a story that has reached its conclusion. Full stop, end of story.

How should we play the game then ? rushing mainstory first, all those monsters in sidequests will become too weak because mainstory boosts level very fast, rushing sidequests is impossible there are too many and we'll never get to finish mainstory.

I thought I save the best for last when leaving some contracts and sidequests that didn't get cancelled when progressing mainstory, had I know it turned out like this, I'd do completion first before mainstory, but that would feel like an itch I can't scratch not knowing what happened next and have to wait until every question mark on the map became an icon and turned grey.

Oh, and if you think the game is OVER, then they shouldn't bother to release REDkit2 as well ? the game should be over and we're not meant to be compelled to do anything anymore it is the END. No need for expansions too.

Last edited:
How should we play the game then ? rushing mainstory first, all those monsters in sidequests will become too weak because mainstory boosts level very fast, rushing sidequests is impossible there are too many and we'll never get to finish mainstory.

I thought I save the best for last when leaving some contracts and sidequests that didn't get cancelled when progressing mainstory, had I know it turned out like this, I'd do completion first before mainstory, but that would feel like an itch I can't scratch not knowing what happened next and have to wait until every question mark on the map became an icon and turned grey.
You are meant to play the game the way any sane person goes through anything. The beginning, the middle and the end. What don't you understand about the end being the end? It is a full stop point. The universe you inhabited is completely gone and destroyed. That's what happens at the end of every game when the credits roll. You only take away the experiences. The world ceases to exist. This such a laughable critique of the game. People are literally complaining that the end is an end. Seriously? Do you want the game to go on forever? Then you're in the wrong genre. Go on to MMORPGs. This story has an ending point. Deal with it.

What don't you understand the end doesn't have to be the end and that's the point of this thread. There are even expansions and modkit. Any sane person would want that. The universe is completely gone and destroyed, are we even talking about the same game here ?

What don't you understand the end doesn't have to be the end and that's the point of this thread. There are even expansions and modkit. Any sane person would want that. The universe is completely gone and destroyed, are we even talking about the same game here ?
It IS the end. You and all the people in this thread are obsessed with the fact that the game doesn't have to end, but it does end. When the credits roll the story is over.That you can still operate in the open-world post credits is not a gameplay feature, it is an afterthought that did not even need to be concluded. The poster above was right. The deep desire for people not to part from the game is a flaw on their character, not on the game. The end is the end. Whining about it makes me believe you have attachment issues.

You are meant to play the game the way any sane person goes through anything. The beginning, the middle and the end. What don't you understand about the end being the end? It is a full stop point. The universe you inhabited is completely gone and destroyed. That's what happens at the end of every game when the credits roll. You only take away the experiences. The world ceases to exist. This such a laughable critique of the game. People are literally complaining that the end is an end. Seriously? Do you want the game to go on forever? Then you're in the wrong genre. Go on to MMORPGs. This story has an ending point. Deal with it.

Yeah I agree I think it was a mistake to let people play after the ending
I mean I would be down for a real post ending DLC but to just have the NPC's stand their and repeat the same dialogue over and over again? Or some badly and randomly generated missions like in Skyrim? Who the hell would want that? This is a story driven RPG people

It IS the end. You and all the people in this thread are obsessed with the fact that the game doesn't have to end, but it does end. When the credits roll the story is over.That you can still operate in the open-world post credits is not a gameplay feature, it is an afterthought that did not even need to be concluded. The poster above was right. The deep desire for people not to part from the game is a flaw on their character, not on the game. The end is the end. Whining about it makes me believe you have attachment issues.

How come talking about a better ending become obsessed that the game doesn't have to end, it's an ENDING we're talking about. Don't act like you know people based on the one dimensional window of the internet. That was uncalled for.

Last edited:
Just a friendly reminder that there will be two major story expansions through the following months, so saying it's the END is completely silly until they're out.

The war's ramifications should have been reflected in the post ending game and our favorite characters should have been available as well, even if those additions are small details, it wouldn't make the current world feel so empty because you're basically alone.

Dragon Age Inquisition and Mass Effect 2 did that, and surprise, surprise! I kept playing those games even after the main mission was completed, Skyhold feels alive even if I can't engage in conversations with the NPCs anymore. It's a small thing, but it has a huge importance to a LOT of people.

The Witcher 3 is the last game with Geralt, but that doesn't mean the story can't move forward on THIS game.

Just a friendly reminder that there will be two major story expansions through the following months, so saying it's the END is completely silly until they're out.

The war's ramifications should have been reflected in the post ending game and our favorite characters should have been available as well, even if those additions are small details, it wouldn't make the current world feel so empty because you're basically alone.

Dragon Age Inquisition and Mass Effect 2 did that, and surprise, surprise! I kept playing those games even after the main mission was completed, Skyhold feels alive even if I can't engage in conversations with the NPCs anymore. It's a small thing, but it has a huge importance to a LOT of people.

The Witcher 3 is the last game with Geralt, but that doesn't mean the story can't move forward on THIS game.
The idea of a "post-ending" or in other words a "post-epilogue" is not a construct that exists in storytelling. It's a made up idea from gameplay that continues after the story is complete. What I'm saying is, when the credits roll, you aught to know your time is up. It was good while its lasted and its better because its over. There is great poignancy when the game ends and arguing that the studio should be compelled to commit hours to change part of the game that exists SOLELY to appease completionists is absurd. The game was not meant to be played after the end of the story. It is a STORY-driven RPG follks. Time to move on.

The idea of a "post-ending" or in other words a "post-epilogue" is not a construct that exists in storytelling. It's a made up idea from gameplay that continues after the story is complete. What I'm saying is, when the credits roll, you aught to know your time is up. It was good while its lasted and its better because its over. There is great poignancy when the game ends and arguing that the studio should be compelled to commit hours to change part of the game that exists SOLELY to appease completionists is absurd. The game was not meant to be played after the end of the story. It is a STORY-driven RPG follks. Time to move on.

Except that the credits roll in many games and there's future content that continues the story. So that's a flawed logic here.

Like I sad before, it's not the end until what is to come arrives, you can't know that now.

Except that the credits roll in many games and there's future content that continues the story. So that's a flawed logic here.

Like I sad before, it's not the end until what is to come arrives, you can't know that now.
No my post clearly went over your head. The post-end of the game is not PART of the game because the story is over and the game is a story-driven RPG. The post-end is just what you call being dropped into the open-world after the credits to complete side missions and satisfy your completionist, perfectionist tendencies.That's all there is. It's not a clever part of the game implemented by developers who think you should continue to inhabit the game forever. In fact I wish it wasn't in the game at all becomes silly fans are mistaking the fact that there is a open-world after the credits for the idea that there should be CONTENT after the credits. The end is the end, people. This is not a never-ending MMORPG. It's a story with an introduction and a conclusion. That may be hard for very zealous fans to deal with, but it's the truth. It's the time of end.

No my post clearly went over your head. The post-end of the game is not PART of the game because the story is over and the game is a story-driven RPG. The post-end is just what you call being dropped into the open-world after the credits to complete side missions and satisfy your completionist, perfectionist tendencies.That's all there is. It's not a clever part of the game implemented by developers who think you should continue to inhabit the game forever. In fact I wish it wasn't in the game at all becomes silly fans are mistaking the fact that there is a open-world after the credits for the idea that there should be CONTENT after the credits. The end is the end, people. This is not a never-ending MMORPG. It's a story with an introduction and a conclusion. That may be hard for very zealous fans to deal with, but it's the truth. It's the time of end.

Clearly you're lacking some basic knowledge, cause again, credits only roll when the main story is over in these type of games, then being continued with future story content which here is confirmed to be released.

Alright, in two years you'll be right then.

See ya.

If you feel you have the right to discuss about an uninspired disappointing story of the novels and the game in other thread why can't people express their opinions and discuss about an uninspired disappointing ending of the game here ? When the book or the game got released you ought to know it is what it is, why don't you move on and deal with it ?

This thread is not about being disappointed in the ending of the game, it's being disappointed that there IS an ending to the game. This is a factual fallacy. The game is a story-driven game and the story is over. I do not understand where people are getting this false notion that the game should not end, but dynamically grow and continue to be inhabited. The world was supposed to exist for the sake of the story. Who can fault CDPR for believing that the end of the story marks the end of the game? And how did fans sink so much time into this game without realizing that this is not world of warcraft?

This thread is not about being disappointed in the ending of the game, it's being disappointed that there IS an ending to the game. This is a factual fallacy. The game is a story-driven game and the story is over. I do not understand where people are getting this false notion that the game should not end, but dynamically grow and continue to be inhabited. The world was supposed to exist for the sake of the story. Who can fault CDPR for believing that the end of the story marks the end of the game? And how did fans sink so much time into this game without realizing that this is not world of warcraft?

People are talking about better ENDING, we are talking about the ENDING, I do not understand where are you getting the false notion that we are talking about the game should not end, grow and inhabited. This is a game with storytelling and gameplay, the story ends, the gameplay continues, they can coexist and support each other for better immersion, that's it, we are not talking about neverending game or inhabit a game or discussing world of warcraft duh.

Add the characters, it's the difference of a good ending and a bad ending in my opinion. Once you beat the game it all your motivation is over atleast for me. I can't see the people throughout the game again! the first game with Yennefer and she only appeared that much like come on man come ON

Top Bottom