After the Game Ends - The What Happens Next Thread

+
After the Game Ends - The What Happens Next Thread

is there a mod out that changes the armies in novigrad and the world after you complete the different endings? in my case nilfgaard wins and radovid dies, is there a mod for htis since they didn't add iti n the game?

First, it wrote that, what you get was a condition before the Last Main Quest.
Second, That kind of mod are need to rewrote the game script, and that need a Redkit for TW3.

Dynamic open word, post game leveling, etc.

Just some small ideas to make world more interesting long term/post game... whether through mods or (less likely) by CDPR them self.

- Change guards, banners (Velen/Novigrad) and NPC comments (whole world) post game to reflect the world state 6 months down the line from he ending... I know, post game right now is supposed to PRE ending, but I think it would be more fun if it wasn't.
- Implement re-spawning/randomized Witcher contracts, so leveling is easier and the world feels more alive post-game... since monsters are re-spawning, they also would threaten human settlements gain.
- Implement the need for food, shelter and sleep, so inns and food items have a more immersive use.
- Implement the option to use Roach as a portable storage unit/lead her along without riding.
- Give the option to take certain NPC's (like Triss, Zoltan or Lambert) with you as AI companions.
- Make all items finite, even weapons and armor... if not repaired, they should be destroyed.

That's it for now...

... I know, post game right now is supposed to PRE ending, but I think it would be more fun if it wasn't.
True, the current state makes continuing the game aftermath of the main story feel so dead. I really hope CDPR would officially implement changes to this but I honestly doubt it as doing that would mean to possibly rewrite the witcher lore...

- Implement re-spawning/randomized Witcher contracts, so leveling is easier and the world feels more alive post-game... since monsters are re-spawning, they also would threaten human settlements gain.
Would love to have this implemented

- Implement the need for food, shelter and sleep, so inns and food items have a more immersive use.
Reminds me of Skyrim mod 'Realistic Need and Diseases' :) I may go further to make that food and drinks only be made usable out of combat and reflects the size of the food(e.q can only eat one roasted chicken every 4 hours). Having hunger/thirst/fatigue gauge meter would be nice.

- Give the option to take certain NPC's (like Triss, Zoltan or Lambert) with you as AI companions.
Actually this is what I dream to be able to do before TW3 was released so hopefully this gets implemented...

- Make all items finite, even weapons and armor... if not repaired, they should be destroyed.
I'm fine with this but I forsee complaints from people potentially falsifying as bugs when their favorite weapons/armors suddenly 'disappear' if this got implemented.

Reminds me of Skyrim mod 'Realistic Need and Diseases' :) I may go further to make that food and drinks only be made usable out of combat and reflects the size of the food(e.q can only eat one roasted chicken every 4 hours). Having hunger/thirst/fatigue gauge meter would be nice.

I'm fine with this but I forsee complaints from people potentially falsifying as bugs when their favorite weapons/armors suddenly 'disappear' if this got implemented.

I think they should be bundled under one realism setting, where it explicitly explained that potions, bombs, etc. do not auto refill and items should be repaired as soon as they go "red". For food and drink, For food/sleep, I'd actually say that Geralt starts regaining stamina more slowly at first, then starts slowly loosing it to the point where he can only walk (fatigue)... he should not be able to die from huger/thirst or lack of sleep.

I think they should be bundled under one realism setting, where it explicitly explained that potions, bombs, etc. do not auto refill and items should be repaired as soon as they go "red". For food and drink, For food/sleep, I'd actually say that Geralt starts regaining stamina more slowly at first, then starts slowly loosing it to the point where he can only walk (fatigue)... he should not be able to die from huger/thirst or lack of sleep.

I agree with all your points above and it will make the game feel more realistic. Let's just hope that modders will take over to implement this when RedKit tool made available

Post-game NPC locations[major spoilers]

[SPOILERS]

Like many, I have beaten the game(twice) and each time, the game feels hollow; No more Ciri, no Yen, no Triss...
I got the ending where Ciri is a Witcher and Geralt and Yen retire to a cottage. I got this ending both plays through.
The first time I beat the game, I assumed that I would continue off from the cottage that Geralt and Yen retired to and
that all of the rest of Geralt's friends and allies would be strewn throughout the world, based on where they go after
Kaer Morhen/ the story and with perhaps one or two of them being completely inaccessible because they leave
Temeria...I expected this to be the case with Keira and Lambert. I was not prepared for what I was about to discover.

So, after watching the illustrated comic book ending, I discovered that I was not in a lovely little cottage with Yen. "No
biggie,"
I thought. I obviously had high hopes. "Everyone must be at Kaer Morhen or in new post story locations...
naturally the world state has changed and power is back in the hands of Temeria(in my ending), and I knew Eskel
wasn't going to stick around Kaer Morhen. Let's go find em!!!"
I spent hours looking for my allies. Finally, I decided,
"face it...everyone is gone! Their just gone...but for what reason? I can't even find Letho and he planned on staying...
even Yen is gone! And Ciri! No! I bet Ciri will be in random locations now...she's a Witcher working contracts. Maybe
I'll run into her at an inn..."
Alas! this was not to be the case. It appears that EVERYONE leaves the game, except for
Dandelion, Priscilla...and, I think, Zoltan.

After hours of false hope, the game suddenly got majorly hollow. It appears that once beaten, there's no reason to
continue play. The game is most enjoyable, only as long as there is story to go through, while you still have these
interactions. You were meant to do all the quests, inbetween story segments, as opposed to doing what I did and
achieving the bare minimum necessary for gaining your allies and proceeding through the story, with plans to quest
after you are powered up. If enjoyed the way I had intended, both time, you have no more chemistry and no more
company to fall back to...except brothels.

My idea is this: Bring back all key figures, place them in locations that make sense to where they go in the
end(including Geralt and Ciri) and make them accessible as optional, recruitable henchman for outings. When I
played Skyrim, nothing amused me more than bringing the wife out on adventures and when I was not with her,
finding her hunting and questing on her own and/ or at home. Yes, I'm speaking of Aela(?) the huntress, who was
often found hunting with the rest of my guild and when I went home, was able to recruit her. This was, of course, the
case with many other NPC's as well. Ones who live in one region, but would be found way out in another region.
I mean, imagine being out and about, you think you are in a remote village/ location and you see Ciri fighting some
contract monster, say, a vampire and she's yelling "GERALT!!!" You go in to help her and you split the rewards.

That's why i still haven't done the last quest this time(finished the game 2 times until now), if you finish the game you are alone as Graelock said but be smart have a savegame before the last quest (finish the last quest if you wish to see the ending and then load the savegame and complete everything with yen/triss/ciri/everyone in the game).

That's why i still haven't done the last quest this time(finished the game 2 times until now), if you finish the game you are alone as Graelock said but be smart have a savegame before the last quest (finish the last quest if you wish to see the ending and then load the savegame and complete everything with yen/triss/ciri/everyone in the game).

Yeah, I guess there's a fix for this via mods, in the PC community, but I play the PS4 version, so that's about the best we can do.

I have an old save from around "Reason of State," so I may either just reload that and do everything else there is to do in the game...or I may just actually start again, too and beat all the side quests first and then go through the story and save right around Preparations.

DLC Suggestion [SPOILERS]

There are some potential spoilers ahead. Do not read if you have not finished the game

When you are given the option to continue playing the game after completing the main story, it left me feeling.. empty. Like the world was void and without purpose. The characters that grew on me were no more and it was like I was in a time loop. As if everything I was doing didn't matter because I already played out what happened. The immersion died. It seems a lot of the community share this feeling.

If given the option to continue playing after completing the main story, I was hoping it would be a continuation of the events leading up to the epilogue. At least the subtle presence of some of the main characters existence and their journey towards the epilogue's events.

Post completion of the last chapter, adding some dialogue and interaction with some of the main characters would bring life back to the game. It would be enough to create that immersive atmosphere again. Like you're venturing in that open ended story with purpose and substance knowing the future. Still traveling the lands in the present, living out the life between now, and the epilogue you chose.

This would offer many possibilities for the modding community to add mods to flesh out the multiple different epilogue paths with content, quests, etc. It would be the perfect place for content/story mods because they would not interfere with the game's original/vanilla content, immersion and story progression. Lore friendly zone for modders to go wild!

This presents a great opportunity for DLC add-ons. CD Projekt RED can get away with charging for DLC. They have proven to offer some of the highest quality production. I am sure any project they set out on with this series or any will be very, very successful.

New Game+ Option

Is it only me or someone else think they should add a new game plus option. with our current level and skills but remove all weapons and armor so we can collect everything again but having higher level and damage then before and all the monsters and enimes have higher level as well.

The only thing I'd personally like to carry over is my gwent collection and the various item schematics. I'd actually like to re-level again and pick different skills this time.

I've seen reports of NG+ being a future DLC thing based on searching through various game files, I'm not sure if that was just someone BSing or not, though.

I don't want to collect everything again, I want to keep my gear and find additional items that I missed in my first playthrough. I don't see the fun of doing the same treasure hunt a second time.

New game + seems like a cool idea,keeping all your gear and stuff...but i think you should lose all your money....if you have 15k+gold at the start that will break the game....also all enemies should be lvl 40+...so you would need to lvl up before you start NG+

Post game, as it is right now, is really charring... to the point where I literally don't wanna play it. It almost is as if the whole main quest was just the way to get to a state of the world where Geralt can live the life of a Wticher again, undistracted from his worries about Ciri. It just feels so artificial to remove everyone from the game and make it a post-game sandbox... especially when suddenly it's supposed to be set BEFORE the ending. I mean, I get it from a game design standpoint, it's just easier, but it just doesn't do an otherwise tightly crafted game justice... at all.

Last edited:
I think this must be one of the reasons why the world state has to be set to before last chapter.

IGN interview said:
"As for the add-ons and expansions coming to The Witcher 3 following its release, Szamałek explained that "they’re within the story of the Witcher: Wild Hunt," running within the time frame, rather than after the ending"

I think this must be one of the reasons why the world state has to be set to before last chapter.

Understandable, I still don't like it... and the way some people here talk about the the disconnected post-game, I'm not the only one.

Last edited:
Me too, but they already said that, we'll be having not one but two expansions with pre-ending world state, one of which will be released next year, so until then they are unlikely will make any changes, unless they make a 3rd expansion with post ending content and tie every state in the ending to a real world event.

Top Bottom