After the PR Blanket Party... Are you Ubisoft, or are you Hello Games?

+
Sorry, but this just sounds to me like some of you were way too hyped going into release. This is why it's good to go in blind, you can appreciate the game for what it is, instead of juxtaposing it to what it should be.

That said, I fully expect CDPR to add in a lot with patches, FLC, and the inevitable expansion packs. Imo it's worth hanging onto the game.

Sorry, but this just sounds to me like some of you were way too hyped going into release. This is why it's good to go in blind, you can appreciate the game for what it is, instead of juxtaposing it to what it should be.

That said, I fully expect CDPR to add in a lot with patches, FLC, and the inevitable expansion packs. Imo it's worth hanging onto the game.
My experience literally has nothing to do with what you just said. Literally nothing. As I said I was very happy with the game during my first interaction with it according to what I expected. Things turned sour once I was done with it and the rose tinted glasses were gone.
Post automatically merged:

By any means, do enjoy your game, I am not telling it's not allowed. If you are happy with it, great! All the more power to you. But telling us that our experience is not valid because "you guys just overhype it" is boring and quite frankly a dead excuse at this point.

[...] I remember when 2077 and Bannerlord were THE Vaporware products.

[Edited for tone -- SigilFey]

Last edited by a moderator:
Swing and a miss, brah. I remember when 2077 and Bannerlord were THE Vaporware products.

[...]

Even Fallout 4 has a master piece AI compared to CP2077, thats fact.
Even unmodded Fallout 4 has a much much more immersive world than cp2077...
Maybe not the best example for sure, but to make clear what I mean since f4 without dlcs and mods is kinda... oof.

There are flaws that cant be overlooked. Even when you go blind in a game.

As a pure story mode game, I would give it a solid 8 out of 10. But as an immersive open world rpg game that it got advertised!... that all cant be overlooked.

[...]

Even Fallout 4 has a master piece AI compared to CP2077, thats fact.
Even unmodded Fallout 4 has a much much more immersive world than cp2077...
Maybe not the best example for sure, but to make clear what I mean since f4 without dlcs and mods is kinda... oof.

There are flaws that cant be overlooked. Even when you go blind in a game.

As a pure story mode game, I would give it a solid 8 out of 10. But as an immersive open world rpg game that it got advertised!... that all cant be overlooked.
[...] Watson alone has more soul and passion poured into it than the entirety of FO4. Hell, the area outside V's apartment has more life than Diamond City.

I went in blind and still left disappointed.
Main reason?
1)Lack of properly balanced combat
2)Lack of post game content, 100 side quest all the same, with the same approach (as i was plaing a pretty strong build, see point 1), with 10-15 quest being really well made, with real choices to make, even if not tied to the ending.

After my 60h, some bugged quest i couldn't finish, wasted hours tweaking settings, waiting for 1.04 patch to get stable FPS, restarting the game because quest where bugging out, immersion being broken due to T posing NPC ecc..ecc..

Did i had fun?yes ofc.
Is the game worth 60€?hmmm no.

What about now, as you said, the game is worth hanging out,i don't know, it's a supposition, no one really knows what's going to happen.
At the end, i learned a valuable lesson, a lesson that i can't say because i'll probably get banned, but i'm pretty sure someone grasped what i mean.

Have fun guys ,at the end, that's what matters.

I went in blind and still left disappointed.
Main reason?
1)Lack of properly balanced combat
2)Lack of post game content, 100 side quest all the same, with the same approach (as i was plaing a pretty strong build, see point 1), with 10-15 quest being really well made, with real choices to make, even if not tied to the ending.

After my 60h, some bugged quest i couldn't finish, wasted hours tweaking settings, waiting for 1.04 patch to get stable FPS, restarting the game because quest where bugging out, immersion being broken due to T posing NPC ecc..ecc..

Did i had fun?yes ofc.
Is the game worth 60€?hmmm no.

What about now, as you said, the game is worth hanging out,i don't know, it's a supposition, no one really knows what's going to happen.
At the end, i learned a valuable lesson, a lesson that i can't say because i'll probably get banned, but i'm pretty sure someone grasped what i mean.

Have fun guys ,at the end, that's what matters.
1. Combat is balanced very well on Hard and Very Hard. Enemies hit hard and so do you.
2. I would rather have a satisfying ending than post game. The gigs could have had some more variety though, I will give you that. The bugs and performance are fine for me, and I play on a ps4 slim.

1. Combat is balanced very well on Hard and Very Hard. Enemies hit hard and so do you.
2. I would rather have a satisfying ending than post game. The gigs could have had some more variety though, I will give you that. The bugs and performance are fine for me, and I play on a ps4 slim.
Enemys SOMETIMES hit hard, that depends what kind of weapon they use, and most of the time, they just miss, or react to slowly, , but having a smart smgs that stun lock group of enemys, by just pressing mouse 1 and moving it horizzontally while the gun lock by itself, is not balanced.
Having snipers that lock on target by itself and just 1 shot on body chest, while standing out of enemy range, is not balanced.
Shooting trought 20 walls, while enemys have no way to deal with you, because theyr pathing is totally broken, and theyr AI is non existent, that they just sit behind cover, and wait till you carefully aim on theyr head, while standing on the opposite floor, yes, you can shoot on the ground and hit below.
Contagion perk while properly set, just melt entire group in nano second, with an instant recharge rate.
And so on and on, the forum and everywhere else, is already filled with broken build, but even if you don't set your perks properly, the weapons the game gives you are already broken, more so, when the enemy don't oppose any challenge.

All melee boss can be countered by just jumping over them, all ranged boss can be countered by just glitching theyr weapon.

A part from that, i wouldn't say they hit hard,because they just die before they have any chance to react, they do on the first hour, if you try to approach hight treat encounter as low level, once you get your HP on a certain treshold, armor, ecc.. you are good to go.

The gameplay experience change to much from the first 20 levels to the end game, from being almost balanced, to dyng because the enemy randomly shot at an explosive canister.

I remember approaching The Animals base, with my smgs, without caring of cover or anyhing, at hardest difficulty, while sprayng and prayng, that area itself probably contain more enemys than everything else the game throw at you.Not even the last mission as that many enemys (probably if you compare it to the secret ending)

As you can see by the video below, that's how the enemy TRY to counter my build/weapon, they don't.
The red damage you see? only crit, i overcapped the crit chance, and since NONE of the enemys in the game as a crit resist, they just die, very quickly.

Keep in mind, this is extremely fun for me, i love the sound design, guns ecc..

Last edited:
Enemys SOMETIMES hit hard, that depends what kind of weapon they use, and most of the time, they just miss, or react to slowly, , but having a smart smgs that stun lock group of enemys, by just pressing mouse 1 and moving it horizzontally while the gun lock by itself, is not balanced.
Having snipers that lock on target by itself and just 1 shot on body chest, while standing out of enemy range, is not balanced.
Shooting trought 20 walls, while enemys have no way to deal with you, because theyr pathing is totally broken, and theyr AI is non existent, that they just sit behind cover, and wait till you carefully aim on theyr head, while standing on the opposite floor, yes, you can shoot on the ground and hit below.
Contagion perk while properly set, just melt entire group in nano second, with an instant recharge rate.
And so on and on, the forum and everywhere else, is already filled with broken build, but even if you don't set your perks properly, the weapons the game gives you are already broken, more so, when the enemy don't oppose any challenge.

All melee boss can be countered by just jumping over them, all ranged boss can be countered by just glitching theyr weapon.

A part from that, i wouldn't say they hit hard,because they just die before they have any chance to react, they do on the first hour, if you try to approach hight treat encounter as low level, once you get your HP on a certain treshold, armor, ecc.. you are good to go.

The gameplay experience change to much from the first 20 levels to the end game, from being almost balanced, to dyng because the enemy randomly shot at an explosive canister.

I remember approaching The Animals base, with my smgs, without caring of cover or anyhing, at hardest difficulty, while sprayng and prayng, that area itself probably contain more enemys than everything else the game throw at you.Not even the last mission as that many enemys (probably if you compare it to the secret ending)
Maybe CDPR will add a level scaling feature like Witcher 3 had. That would definitely fix this issue. I still find enemies hit me pretty hard (usually after my Sandevistan wears off and I'm scrambling for cover).

Maybe CDPR will add a level scaling feature like Witcher 3 had. That would definitely fix this issue. I still find enemies hit me pretty hard (usually after my Sandevistan wears off and I'm scrambling for cover).
Once i reached level 50, all encounter become Low threat, only a couple being "moderate" result doesn't change.
But they do drop only blue or purple items, so either the loot system scale, or the enemy scale with you already.

I've probably used 10% of the gadget or cyberware, that's the main issue for me, the game gives you tool, and then you just don't use it because it's way faster to deal with enemys in another way.

Once i reached level 50, all encounter become Low threat, only a couple being "moderate" result doesn't change.
But they do drop only blue or purple items, so either the loot system scale, or the enemy scale with you already.
I was referring to the enemy scaling. With it on in W3, even wild dogs would be a threat to your God-tier Blood & Wine buffed character.I

if you gonna introduce level scaling then why even have level system at all. Like GTAV nobody has levels.

i think its fine as it is, just need to give more resistance and counters to enemies, like for example why can i stealth kill big juggernaut fully armored enemies with simple neck snap ? that should not be possible like T-Bug said in tutorial.
also game needs more enemy netrunners that are stronger with more abilities and more resistant to your quickhacks.
all those crit damages should be scaled down a little bit. And also reduce some melee damage.

if you gonna introduce level scaling then why even have level system at all. Like GTAV nobody has levels.

i think its fine as it is, just need to give more resistance and counters to enemies, like for example why can i stealth kill big juggernaut fully armored enemies with simple neck snap ? that should not be possible like T-Bug said in tutorial.
also game needs more enemy netrunners that are stronger with more abilities and more resistant to your quickhacks.
all those crit damages should be scaled down a little bit. And also reduce some melee damage.
You can't put in an choke lock enemys with red squll, meaning more lvls above yours, what you encounter is totally fine and in line with stealth gameplay.
About the crit, yeah,main issue is in the weapons itself, most iconic leggendary came with more than 38-40% crit chance,you add 50% from cold blood passive upon entering combat state, you add other form of crit chance from Dex attribute and Cold blood, you add leggendary mod 15% crit chance and 30% crit damage, you basically overcap 100% and beyond.
AT LEAST, the leggendary mods are super rare, i only found them on looted gear, and you can only re-use them with the crafting perk, that's totally fine.

The game is great. Go play it instead of browsing Reddit and YouTube. Form your own opinions. Cyberpunk 2077 is an amazing game that has gotten unreasonably harsh treatment from the media and gaming communities. Dragon Age Inquisition and Fallout 4 were, for me, massive disappointments and did not receive even a fraction of the backlash CDPR is getting.

[...]

People have played it. I have played it daily since launch. Nobody was more excited for this game than I was. After many hours I came to realize that while the game looks great, it came nowhere near to keeping the promises that were made of features and content. Not the hype, the *actual* statements made of what would be in the game and how it would work.

[...]

Boy, that is pretty condescending.

People have played it. I have played it daily since launch. Nobody was more excited for this game than I was. After many hours I came to realize that while the game looks great, it came nowhere near to keeping the promises that were made of features and content. Not the hype, the *actual* statements made of what would be in the game and how it would work.

How about you stop playing the game for a minute and actually think about what you're seeing on screen?
Wow, there's a lot to unpack here. [...]

As for the content, broken promises are nothing new. CDPR bit off more than they can chew, and that's fine, devs do it all the time. Howard at Bethesda is infamous for it. Molyneux was known to stretch the truth during his work with the Fable series. Obsidian does it with basically every title they drop. Also, the pandemic likely affected how much they could actually get done. It has certainly affected my professional life. Thank God for patches, FLC, and DLC, right?

Of course, all that said, the game is in a VERY good state. I went into it pretty much blind and have enjoyed the experience. It is the best RPG I have played since Witcher 3. Is there room for improvement? Yes. Does CDPR deserve the childish hatestorm they are getting? Hell no.

Wow, there's a lot to unpack here. [...]

As for the content, broken promises are nothing new. CDPR bit off more than they can chew, and that's fine, devs do it all the time. Howard at Bethesda is infamous for it. Molyneux was known to stretch the truth during his work with the Fable series. Obsidian does it with basically every title they drop. Also, the pandemic likely affected how much they could actually get done. It has certainly affected my professional life. Thank God for patches, FLC, and DLC, right?

Of course, all that said, the game is in a VERY good state. I went into it pretty much blind and have enjoyed the experience. It is the best RPG I have played since Witcher 3. Is there room for improvement? Yes. Does CDPR deserve the childish hatestorm they are getting? Hell no.

Okay compare CP2077 to: Fallout4, The Witcher 3, F76, F3, Skyrim, RDR 2 to let it be completely mainstream.
Good story... thats it. Maybe you are very easy to please, but all of mentioned titles had WAY more immersive world feeling than CP2077, but since you cherry pick your favourite arguments out of things (and even out of context) here anyway, and never can deny the mentioned mistakes with facts and not personal viewpoint, it bascially makes no sense to "dicuss" with you anyway, no offense.

And as I repeat myself... after like 10 hours, at latest after 20 hours, the huge flaws and extremely empty world just wasnt to overlook anymore. Its bascially a story loot-shooter, but definitely not an massive immersive open world rpg as it got advertised! ... and your "argument" "everyone does it" is exactly the reason why these days so many franchies got killed.

Far too many posts getting far too personal here.

Members are free to express their opinions on the topic. Members are not free to express their opinions of others opinions.

Posts are to remain polite and constructive, regardless of what you believe. If you are not willing to allow others to freely disagree with your views, then do not post. No one's opinion is superior to another person's. ALL opinions are to be respected.

If the personal bickering continues, the marshmallow is gonna fly. This whole discussion is going to smell like Night City cinnamon rolls.

This needs to be sticky asap!

Thank you for your great work. That sums it really much up.

I think most posts here got driven away with the censorship - me too. (and I still think its a super annoying problem)

But this post sums the problem with the game perfectly up, thank you.

I remember the story mission against the first mechboss, my lovely npc buddy stood there for minutes soaking up shots while I had no ammo left. I had to reload because of the feeling I cheated this boss.

Rampant censorship!

Top Bottom