After the PR Blanket Party... Are you Ubisoft, or are you Hello Games?

+
I still to this day have no idea why, "Deliver a quality product and you will have loyal customers." is such a hard thing for modern day companies to comprehend.

Maybe for once, just ONCE, one of them will try it, instead of trying to just scam the crap out of people and then apologizing for it over and over again. The worst part is that this isn't even a difficult concept. Just deliver what was promised. That's it. If you can't do that, don't make the promise. It's really not that complicated, yet we deal with this time and time again from company after company, because not a single one seems to understand that if you just deliver on your promise PEOPLE WON'T BE MAD AT YOU.

It's baffling how the same mistakes keep getting repeated and repeated over and over again with NONE of these places learning their lesson.

It's simple. Because marketing and hype and pretty trailers and graphics capture the dollars of the casual mass market more effectively. Every time. People have short memories, many of them just don't care enough. CP77 broke even on pre-orders ALONE. So what does it matter if people are angry?

The counter argument is "it hurts future sales" - but apparently not enough to offset the gains. You've got other companies, REVILED ones, that release carbon copies of the same mediocre shit every single year and they're doing just fine, financially.

It's as they say. At the end of the day, only the Corp gets what it wants.

Sorry, but this just sounds to me like some of you were way too hyped going into release. This is why it's good to go in blind, you can appreciate the game for what it is, instead of juxtaposing it to what it should be.
Well then CDPR should have never told me about the game using this "logic".

>Gameplay loop is pretty fun.
The combat is interesting and is pretty enjoyable. However we were promised more than just combat. Combat was in fact supposed to be one of the things you did when you needed to. It wasn't supposed to be the primary focus of the entire game.

This is not even close to game of the year.

Well then CDPR should have never told me about the game using this "logic".
M8, I haven't trusted devs since Molyneux told us we could grow trees in Fable 1. You have to actually play/see the product to know exactly what's in it. Hence why going in blind is good. That way you have no expectations and can judge according to your preferences for what constitutes a good game.

M8, I haven't trusted devs since Molyneux told us we could grow trees in Fable 1. You have to actually play/see the product to know exactly what's in it. Hence why going in blind is good. That way you have no expectations and can judge according to your preferences for what constitutes a good game.
I don't trust CDPR either and yes my faith was misplaced in them, I know that better than anyone.

Would it have been a better experience with the game if I never heard of the game? - Yes.
Would it have been a better game if I had never heard of the game? - No.

Great post, summing up what I realized after enjoying the game for 90+ Hours !

Love it, but can't help to feel a bit bummed by the lack of polish, open world interactions, and role playing aspects.

In the end of the day, none of your choices matter. You can't fight for a prefered ending. This is clearly limiting the replay value.

I really hope they can make a difference like Hello Games and do more than fixing the game.

Hope they'll give us updates / expansions with actual choices, and develop what happen after the end of the game for those who need positivity during in these trying times.

I really hope they pull a "No Man's Sky" with this one and make the game over time to the masterpiece of the decade it should have been. The Vision they had and what we got is simply not even close to one another.

Hard to disagree with this topic, quiet frankly.

I think the first step to make this game better (apart from fixing the most problematic bugs, obviously) is to fix the AI because it affects the game experience significantly.

And you're right, CDPR should forget about DLC for the time being (let alone online...Which is a terrible idea anyway, at least imo) and focus solely on bringing the game to the shape it deserves.

Hard to disagree with this topic, quiet frankly.

I think the first step to make this game better (apart from fixing the most problematic bugs, obviously) is to fix the AI because it affects the game experience significantly.

And you're right, CDPR should forget about DLC for the time being (let alone online...Which is a terrible idea anyway, at least imo) and focus solely on bringing the game to the shape it deserves.

Absolutely. I agree. And I think that all focus is on the technical issues (especially on last-gen consoles) and trying to tighten up the core gameplay that's there now.

Remov censorship for grying out loud.

taking bath with cloth on, is just beyond stupid.

This was already officially addressed:
Hey everyone!

I see this thread has grown quite a lot, so I'm here to dispel any doubts - lack of nudity (outside of the inventory) is not a bug, this works as intended. If you undress V, they will always have underwear in FPP and photo mode and any other cases outside of the inventory menu.

No need to submit it as a bug to our support :)

Best,
Alicja

Nothing to be done about it, I'm afraid. The game still needs to stay in line with various censorship board requirements. I believe that the player being able to engage in ongoing gameplay while totally nude would constitute "prolonged scenes of graphic nudity/sexuality". That would earn the game an AO instead of an M, thus severely limiting where it could be advertised and marketed.

That's different from scenes of partial or full nudity as it appears during gameplay. Those do not count as "prolonged" scenes. (That's my best deduction.)

Last edited:
Blanket Party: A blanket party is a form of corporal punishment, hazing, or retaliation conducted within a peer group, most frequently within the military...

I believe you are still dedicated to this game and your fans, prove me right. Then worry about expansions and multiplayer.

This sums up just about everything. Well said.

Absolutely. I agree. And I think that all focus is on the technical issues (especially on last-gen consoles) and trying to tighten up the core gameplay that's there now.

You should check out a thread I made, I have a conspiracy theory about it!

This post is very well written. I think you summarized the core issues perfectly.

I don't really know what the future holds for Cyberpunk. But I hope the devs do not leave the game in this condition. Pushing the technical issues aside, Cyberpunk needs an overhaul of its role playing mechanics.

That's different from scenes of partial or full nudity as it appears during gameplay. Those do not count as "prolonged" scenes. (That's my best deduction.)

Not trying to be a dick about this but could you explain to us who we need to annoy to change that? Not just for this game but in general? Because prolonged nudity is where they draw the line but gutting someone alive with a mantis blade is totally fine? Like how ridiculous is that ?

Well written, and I pretty much completely agree with all of the above.

I hope that the coming beatings (rumored legal action, stocks, etc) don't leave CDPR destroyed and that they do get the chance to make the game as advertised.

I don't think there is a path back into the consumer's good graces after this. Their reputation is burned. It's all over.

Cyberpunk 2077 isn't like No Man's Sky. It's more like Duke Nukem Forever. I think Duke Nukem Forever wasn't quite as bad as people say it was, but it was not a good game, and it's development process was hellish, just like Cyberpunk 2077's development probably was. George Broussard spent more than a decade promising absurd things in interviews about Duken Nukem Forever, and changed game engines every few years to try to stay current, while ham stringing development with his stupid whims and unreasonable demands. No Man's Sky wasn't in development that long, so it had room to grow. Cyberpunk did not develop like that. It will not grow. If we are lucky, CDPR will be able to fix the biggest bugs in it before they go under. If not, it will remain broken forever.

CDPR's stock is tanking, so I think they might have a few months left of solvency at this point. If they can't fix something in a few months, it won't get fixed.

Top Bottom