After the PR Blanket Party... Are you Ubisoft, or are you Hello Games?

+
I don't think there is a path back into the consumer's good graces after this. Their reputation is burned. It's all over.

Cyberpunk 2077 isn't like No Man's Sky. It's more like Duke Nukem Forever. I think Duke Nukem Forever wasn't quite as bad as people say it was, but it was not a good game, and it's development process was hellish, just like Cyberpunk 2077's development probably was. George Broussard spent more than a decade promising absurd things in interviews about Duken Nukem Forever, and changed game engines every few years to try to stay current, while ham stringing development with his stupid whims and unreasonable demands. No Man's Sky wasn't in development that long, so it had room to grow. Cyberpunk did not develop like that. It will not grow. If we are lucky, CDPR will be able to fix the biggest bugs in it before they go under. If not, it will remain broken forever.

CDPR's stock is tanking, so I think they might have a few months left of solvency at this point. If they can't fix something in a few months, it won't get fixed.
Well, it's hard to tell at this point so, you may be right, maybe CDPR's reputation is gone forever but I personally have a more optimistic view.

I mean, there's still people who agree to give them a second chance. This forum kinda prove it, even though it doesn't represent player's opinion on a large scale, there's still some positive feedback about the game and quiet a lot of support for the company.
And it's because the game has solid fundations, clearly the problem here was the lack of time not the lack of talent.
For this reason, I personally believe that there's a chance for them to regain part of their player base's trust if they manage to fix the game.

They don't necessarily have to fix every issues within a few months, if players see some significant improvements along the way, I think they'll follow along but again, I may be wrong.

Either way, let's face it, at this point whatever's gonna happen around this game is gonna determine CDPR's future. Is this lost for them, I hope not but we will see I guess.

Well, it's hard to tell at this point so, you may be right, maybe CDPR's reputation is gone forever but I personally have a more optimistic view.

I mean, there's still people who agree to give them a second chance. This forum kinda prove it, even though it doesn't represent player's opinion on a large scale, there's still some positive feedback about the game and quiet a lot of support for the company.
And it's because the game has solid fundations, clearly the problem here was the lack of time not the lack of talent.
For this reason, I personally believe that there's a chance for them to regain part of their player base's trust if they manage to fix the game.

They don't necessarily have to fix every issues within a few months, if players see some significant improvements along the way, I think they'll follow along but again, I may be wrong.

Either way, let's face it, at this point whatever's gonna happen around this game is gonna determine CDPR's future. Is this lost for them, I hope not but we will see I guess.

Well, they will certainly be able to salvage SOME goodwill if they invest heavily in fixing the bugs and performance issues, which will probably be enough for the majority of casual players. But for the more serious fans who have been following the company for years, the bottom line is that it is impossible at this point for them to rebuild the game into what fans believed they would be getting.

But that comparatively small cadre of players doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things. As long as the casuals are appeased eventually, they'll continue to buy games like this as long as the marketing is good and the visuals are shiny.

Pretty cool video, but I'm not sure how it relates to what I said.
Post automatically merged:

Nothing to be done about it, I'm afraid. The game still needs to stay in line with various censorship board requirements. I believe that the player being able to engage in ongoing gameplay while totally nude would constitute "prolonged scenes of graphic nudity/sexuality". That would earn the game an AO instead of an M, thus severely limiting where it could be advertised and marketed.

The AO Rating is the biggest scam the ESRB ever pulled and it's the entire reason I don't like the board. The only reason the AO rating exists is so the ESRB can have an iron grip over game developers. It makes no sense. An M rating is for 18+. An AO rating is also for 18+ but just makes it so you can't sell your product. Essentially, the only reason the AO rating exists is so the ESRB can control the content of game publishers. That's not what they were meant to do. They were simply meant to rate games to let people know what kind of content is in it, they were not supposed to be the judge of who gets to publish and who doesn't.

This is basically the entire reason I absolutely hate the ESRB and want to see it abolished. Games should have ratings, absolutely, but those ratings should not determine whether or not a game can be sold.

Also, as a side note to the developer that wrote that statement:
Have a little tact, please. There is no way any customer actually expected the game to be fully censored after all the hype about it not being a censored game. To go, "Oh, no. That's just how it always was supposed to be silly!" with a little smiley face like it was no big deal and we all were just too dumb to understand it reflects poorly on you, and on the dev team that actually worked hard on this project. It's a shallow, disrespectful response. Imagine coming into a doctors office because your child has a cut on their hand and then them going, "Oh, we had to amputate your son's arm. What? No. That's what we thought you were expecting when you came here. :)" without even a 'sorry'. Does that sound like an appropriate response to you? You saw the countless bug threads about it, in so much that you were getting overwhelmed by them to the point where you had to make a statement, so at what point did you think it was 'fine' to just tell everyone that a major selling point of the game was removed within hours of launch 'as intended' and think that would just be okay? Your PR department needs work, badly.

Last edited:
Top Bottom