after this game CD Projekt Red will become the Ultimate RPG compnay

+
after this game CD Projekt Red will become the Ultimate RPG compnay

well after the dust willl settle down from reviews and scores, GOTY and such, this game will make Cd projekt the ultimate RPG company which i supported since the witcher 1,

i think The Witcher 3 Wild Hunt will make Huge profits for the company, it will make it much larger then it is right now, they will officially take Bethesda Throne of the best RPG game developers and squash bioware, and establish themselves as the new "benchmark" as it comes to RPG games every new open world rpg will have to be compered to the witcher 3 as was skyrim until now.

it makes me glad that they will have the option to make Even more great RPG games like "cyberpunk" which is in development now. they will be able to develop more then one game at a time and release even more great games,

but it sadness me that this could by the last project they work on with so much care for details and gameplay, it will be almost impossible to look after quality and depth with more projects in the pipeline.

they will expand and hire allot more studios and developers, and in about 2-3 years they will announce they are working on more then 2-4 games simultaneously which will probably be great games but not as much as
The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt.

(oh and Fallout 4 (which is probably in development right know) will have allot to prove to dethrone the Witcher 3 so as Mass Effect 4, those games developers are going to play the witcher 3 and learn and change their own games according to how the witcher 3 did it, i dont think Bethesda as ever had such competition, it is like some new game company will come out from no where and make a game that Dethrones GTA ,Rockstar will go nuts :p )

I hope they don't take in more than they can chew. There are countless examples of company which imploded upon success of a game. But CDPR is different, they already have 2 wonderful and successful games under their belt. Hope the success of this game doesn't go into their head and change their attitudes toward game development.

CDPR already is the ultimate RPG company

No it's not. Their stories and visuals are top notch, but voice acting they've got a mixed bag compared to Bioware and are inferior to them cinematic wise. Gameplay wise From Software and even the Mass Effect team have delivered better quality then CDPR.

No it's not. Their stories and visuals are top notch, but voice acting they've got a mixed bag compared to Bioware and are inferior to them cinematic wise. Gameplay wise From Software and even the Mass Effect team have delivered better quality then CDPR.
No. CDPR is better than both of them when it comes to RPGs as a whole. See? That's how opinions work.

They can continue to support The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt with a smaller team to make more expansions, new places to see with new adventures.

Last edited:
sorry to say this mate, but currently bioware is the king. Sure CD projekt is really good.Heck , witcher 3 may even be the best rpg ever created. But you cannot possibliy lose with biowares roster and that is even after being taken over by EA

well i played:
all of the dragon age games.
all of the mass effect games.
all of the elder scrolls games.
all of the fallout games.
all of the Gothic games.
all of the two worlds games.
all of the Risen Games.

and more i don't remember right now.

and when i played the Witcher 1 i did not know what to expect from it i did not have a clue what the game was about, so when i started playing the game, it felt different from other games, you could feel like you were playing the character. and the story felt more interesting, the game felt like it was built by some one who loves RPG games, but lack the money or the experience to show it.

and when the witcher 2 released i got it day one, Enjoyed the hell out of it, i got so into the character it felt like your playing a Badass monster slayer for hire. its the ONLY game i ever finished more then twice in my life. the worst thing about the witcher 2 was his length it felt to short for such an awesome game, the game felt like it had TONS of lore to offer but it was cut in the middle. i also remembered that i wanted the witcher so much to be in an open world like the elder scrolls . i said to my self it will be the most epic game ever if it was ever made. and few weeks/months later they announced, The Witcher 3 wild hunt it was like some one heard what i said and went with it :D after i saw the game concept i was sure that the guys the made the witcher games ARE TRUE GAMERS

Thats why i am sure it will "Take the Throne" without a doubt.

sorry to say this mate, but currently bioware is the king. Sure CD projekt is really good.Heck , witcher 3 may even be the best rpg ever created. But you cannot possibliy lose with biowares roster and that is even after being taken over by EA
What? Bioware were never the king. Black Isle have yet to be dethroned. And with each release while I'm more and more excited to play BW games, I've come to expect very little from them in terms of RPGness.

While I agree that it can have its merits and even interesting to discuss what company does what good, better or best there is no point in discussing who is king of the hill as that is a completely subjectively matter and one we will never reach a common consensus about.

For me personally CDPR is currently my goto company for a good story driven RPG with a mature story and mature gameplay. I used to be a huge fan of Bioware since BG1 but after DA:2 and DA:I they lost my respect because I find their games mainstreamed into oblivion and as such they fail to do anything great but just everything mewh ok. I hope CDPR with TW3 doesn't fall into that trap in the hope of reaching a broader audience but so far it seems promising.

It's best to wait and see how it goes. Although, I personally would agree CDPR is my favorite western RPG company.

That said, despite me having very low opinion of Bethesda games and BioWare quality has fallen... somewhat... I would not like to see any "smashing" happening. Healthy competition, though? Sure.
RPG is my favorite genre and we don't have many western AAA RPG companies left. Especially since RPGs aren't the most popular genre and they are much more complicated to make compared to more popular genres like shooters and action games.

While I agree that it can have its merits and even interesting to discuss what company does what good, better or best there is no point in discussing who is king of the hill as that is a completely subjectively matter and one we will never reach a common consensus about.

For me personally CDPR is currently my goto company for a good story driven RPG with a mature story and mature gameplay. I used to be a huge fan of Bioware since BG1 but after DA:2 and DA:I they lost my respect because I find their games mainstreamed into oblivion and as such they fail to do anything great but just everything mewh ok. I hope CDPR with TW3 doesn't fall into that trap in the hope of reaching a broader audience but so far it seems promising.
I agree completely. While I really enjoy playing BW games, there really is no experience quite like playing a great RPG and BW have lost their ability to deliver this.

All i'm gono say is Witcher series & Pillars of Eternity restored my faith in RPGs, Inquisition sure as hell didn't.

Bioware was awesome in the early days, Baldurs Gate and KOTOR era, might as well throw in Origins and first Mass Effect, but ever since then they were just being an overall dissapointment for me. Bethesda is more or less the same, even though i prefer Oblivion & Morrowind to Skyrim, same for New Vegas to Fallout 3.

Last edited:
I agree completely. While I really enjoy playing BW games, there really is no experience quite like playing a great RPG and BW have lost their ability to deliver this.

in my opinion Dragon age lost his soul in the recent one which was a good game no doubt, but it felt lacking like some one told them to Finnish in a hurry there weren't enough side quests and really easy ending.
the only games i enjoy very much from bioware are mass effect games, its unique and fresh to play RPG games in Space. and Mass effect 2 was the best game bioware ever made in my opinion. after that is Dragon age origin

Deus ex: human revolution was the only game that ever got close to the witcher 2 goodness. story wise and details

Last edited:
Top Bottom