Age of braindance decadence: We didn’t get rid of our problems, we multiplied them

+
i already love the cyber chef guy
this ! ^^

...also, beside the obvious strange days vibe...BD...it is the thing to wet your brain...cause sometimes your brain will be the only thing left; after all those offers to get rid of your flesh ( in 2077)...

Hey, one thing I think I should say - I welcome the reality confusion that the 'dance can bring, but if you guys make the game a "this is a dream" situation, it would be disappointing.

On the other hand, having your character jacked into the 'dance or the Net and never being totally sure if s/he's in or out after that does create a delicious sense of unreality.

Yeah. It's been there and before that http://www.technovelgy.com/ct/content.asp?Bnum=177
Also Strange Days was pretty good flick.

Strange Days was good. An older one was Brainstorm. Total Recall is another one but with braindance in the mall shop. The Matrix was another example, but the machines were the pushers. The theme of questioning 'Am I real?Is this world real?' has played a major part in the genre. Even the character Deckard in Bladerunner questioned himself though it really wasn't revealed in the movie (Gaff leaving the unicorn origami for Deckard, hinted at Gaff knowing about Decade's dreams means he wasn't human but a replicant).

I'd say reality shows are more like it. Video games tend to be carefully designed and staged (potentially of things that could be or could never be), rather than simply providing replacement experiences within the same world.

It's easy to see that the screenwirters are creating a future analogue to video games with the same problems we face today.

I'm excited to see what they're going to do with the concept.

I'm thinking of the vicarious and insipid nature of reality TV and modern journalism.

Barindance also reminds me something similar from Ghost in the Shell.

IIRC in the when someone of tries to use this method to experience intercourse as opposite sex, brain is unable to process this experience correctly because it can't comprehend the feelings of the sexual organs person lacks, resulting in great discomfort and pain.

Although not exactly the same, the Society program as featured in 'Gamer' might be a similar connective cognitive experience, although a Braindance is retrospective rather than real-time control.

I hope, if they're able to allow braindancing in some form in the game, that they take it that step further in terms of the engine and gameplay and give the Netrunning a proper VR environment - I-G Transformations and all that

This post has made my interest in the story of this Cyberpunk universe spike significantly. I can't wait to explore some of the themes that CDPR has cooked up for us. So far it sounds like it is going to dig deep, confronting topics like the purpose of life, capitalism, greed, poverty, etc. I can't wait to see where they go with ths one.

Yey! Moar Loar!
Good stuff. I like the way you presented the main idea. I also like the main conflict itself. As in Witcher 2, you could clearly see that one side as as many pros and cons as the other, multiplied by the usual media hyperbole. Very good, very good. Looking forward to the game.

Top Bottom