Aguara and Seltkirk of Gulet NRs last hope?

+
Aguara and Seltkirk of Gulet NRs last hope?

The bear and dwarf spam has been going on all over the gwent galaxy while in the darkness vile alchemists and swift spies attacked. After the removal of the reshuffle medic all hope for NR seemed lost only a few players still held on to Natalis and his loud horn. But yet again tragedy struck at Natalis lost some of his lung capacity so his call no longer is strong enough to inspire the northern realms. In these dark times there is a need for new heroes but where can they be found...

Maybe here this is for you my fellow NR players. Go get these 2 golds and put them into your deck. Make sure you play Aguara as your second last card to buff Seltkirk up to 13 strength and then see him duel away your opponents Nova Ciri or whatever unit with up to 22 power!

Enjoy!

Seltkirk is good as finisher but i am not convinced by Aguara, the bonus to seltkirk dueling is not worth the lose of tempo by Aguara. You will make a 10 play just to give +5 to Seltkirk, those +5 are useful only if there is a 13+ on the other side

GenLiu;n10539262 said:
We're all agree this part is a joke right? lol

Nope im dead serious about that one. Not as dead serious but very serious

Beernchips;n10539072 said:
Seltkirk is good as finisher but i am not convinced by Aguara, the bonus to seltkirk dueling is not worth the lose of tempo by Aguara. You will make a 10 play just to give +5 to Seltkirk, those +5 are useful only if there is a 13+ on the other side

You can kill Ciri nova with that though. Making a +10 play to then get a + 29 play doesnt sound that bad though

Tschjo;n10539582 said:
Nope im dead serious about that one. Not as dead serious but very serious
NR must have been in serious trouble if their last chance was the worst card ever printed in Gwent lol

GenLiu;n10540382 said:
NR must have been in serious trouble if their last chance was the worst card ever printed in Gwent lol

I see now you are the one joking. There is no way you would call an archetype enabling card one of the worst cards ever printed in Gwent that would be senseless.

Tschjo;n10540882 said:
I see now you are the one joking. There is no way you would call an archetype enabling card one of the worst cards ever printed in Gwent that would be senseless.

Well, if the archetype they enable is bad I do.

GenLiu;n10540972 said:
Well, if the archetype they enable is bad I do.

Thats like your opinion man. If you think the uniquest archetype playing 40 cards is bad then you prolly like point spam too.

Last edited:
Tschjo;n10541182 said:
Thats like your opinion man. If you think the uniquest archetype playing 40 cards is bad than you prolly like point spam too.

Believe me I don't, in fact I never play meta and made a whole lot of decks based on exotic strategies.
But the fact that a deck is unique and original doesn't necessarily mean that it's good. I really wich that old Field medic was good as I was among the first player to try building around but even when you're a deck builder and like unique decks to shine, you also have to admit when a card/archetype is unplayable and that was the case of FM.

The new one is in fact far superior and I'm actually happy that CDPR made this change because I ended up feeling bad everytime I trampled peoples trying to do something interesting with her.

GenLiu;n10541202 said:
Believe me I don't, in fact I never play meta and made a whole lot of decks based on exotic strategies.
But the fact that a deck is unique and original doesn't necessarily mean that it's good. I really wich that old Field medic was good as I was among the first player to try building around but even when you're a deck builder and like unique decks to shine, you also have to admit when a card/archetype is unplayable and that was the case of FM.

The new one is in fact far superior and I'm actually happy that CDPR made this change because I ended up feeling bad everytime I trampled peoples trying to do something interesting with her.

When a deck is unique than its a good deck. Doesnt mean its viable but its a good deck a deck you want to have in any environment cause its interesting and different.
Field medic was one of the best cards in the 40 card swarm archetype what are you talking about? xD It cleaned up the entire mess this deck could have by not hitting the right cards early or switch your weaker cards into your big hard hitters later. It protects against cows, bombs, weather...
FM now is so much worse now what are you talking about? xD Its an uninspiring card that is as boring and streamlined as it can get. Vomit as many soldiers on the board then play it whooop you got it amazing play how did you figure that out?^^ Even the elf version is way better since having that swap included in the buff creates some play where you at least have to think about what you are doing.

With the old FM Foltest swarm was one of the best decks out there. I managed to get to 4,5k while having the feeling that the games i lost i lost cause i could have played them differently or better. Where is Foltest swarm now? Deck doesnt exist anymore and new FM is one of the core reasons why.

Tschjo;n10542822 said:
When a deck is unique than its a good deck. Doesnt mean its viable but its a good deck a deck you want to have in any environment cause its interesting and different.
Field medic was one of the best cards in the 40 card swarm archetype what are you talking about? xD It cleaned up the entire mess this deck could have by not hitting the right cards early or switch your weaker cards into your big hard hitters later. It protects against cows, bombs, weather...
FM now is so much worse now what are you talking about? xD Its an uninspiring card that is as boring and streamlined as it can get. Vomit as many soldiers on the board then play it whooop you got it amazing play how did you figure that out?^^ Even the elf version is way better since having that swap included in the buff creates some play where you at least have to think about what you are doing.

With the old FM Foltest swarm was one of the best decks out there. I managed to get to 4,5k while having the feeling that the games i lost i lost cause i could have played them differently or better. Where is Foltest swarm now? Deck doesnt exist anymore and new FM is one of the core reasons why.

I understand your feeling but it's kind of what a card game is about. Some decks are very unique and creative, others are about playing obvious strategy like swarming the board and buff everything.
I don't think one style is better than the other, each one of them has its strenghts and weaknesses and each one is alluring for different reasons (rarely for the same players though, I give you that).

Like you I think Gwent kinda lake of very unique strategy/combo decks but don't lose faith, new cards will come out and with them, more strategies and mechanics.
Besides, the cards of tomorrow are more likely to be original since CDPR will probably want to explore different horizons once they set up the basics that "every card games" need.

GenLiu;n10543262 said:
I understand your feeling but it's kind of what a card game is about. Some decks are very unique and creative, others are about playing obvious strategy like swarming the board and buff everything.
I don't think one style is better than the other, each one of them has its strenghts and weaknesses and each one is alluring for different reasons (rarely for the same players though, I give you that).

Like you I think Gwent kinda lake of very unique strategy/combo decks but don't lose faith, new cards will come out and with them, more strategies and mechanics.
Besides, the cards of tomorrow are more likely to be original since CDPR will probably want to explore different horizons once they set up the basics that "every card games" need.

So what you are saying is there should be decks that are DIFFERENT from vommiting on the board right? Nobody wants a elf version, a soldier version, a monster version which all play out exactly the same just have different tags added to them. This is exactly what the new FM is. Its now the same card that already existed and exists for elves. This is bad. There is a difference between swarming the board with bears killing your tutors and reviving them though. The decks have the same goal but they play out differently. This is not the case for FM now.
Dunno what exactly you mean by style but cards should be designed to have play around them. There should always be something to "figure out" about a card and a uniquness to this one card that seperates it from others. Some cards will still be better or worse but all of them will be unique and rainbowcolours not 50 shades of grey.

I just dont see the reason why they removed a card that enabled one of those unique strategies. Expecially bcause it was not broken or opressive or had too linear play patterns. If they wanted to have a soldier buff card then they should have made a soldier buff card. I really would love to hear anyone on the design team try to explain why this card got removed

Tschjo;n10543302 said:
So what you are saying is there should be decks that are DIFFERENT from vommiting on the board right? Nobody wants a elf version, a soldier version, a monster version which all play out exactly the same just have different tags added to them. This is exactly what the new FM is. Its now the same card that already existed and exists for elves. This is bad. There is a difference between swarming the board with bears killing your tutors and reviving them though. The decks have the same goal but they play out differently. This is not the case for FM now.
Dunno what exactly you mean by style but cards should be designed to have play around them. There should always be something to "figure out" about a card and a uniquness to this one card that seperates it from others. Some cards will still be better or worse but all of them will be unique and rainbowcolours not 50 shades of grey.

I just dont see the reason why they removed a card that enabled one of those unique strategies. Expecially bcause it was not broken or opressive or had too linear play patterns. If they wanted to have a soldier buff card then they should have made a soldier buff card. I really would love to hear anyone on the design team try to explain why this card got removed

What I mean is that every archetype/gameplan should be represented in a card game, from the brainless elf swarm deck to the subtle combo deck. I think every player should find his/her style in every faction no matter if they like straight forward strategy, control, big fat units, planning and long term tactics, weather, combo ect.

It's different from point vomiting (as you said) which isn't a gameplan but the result of a balancing issue (cards are vomiting points because they're poorly balanced).

I think the reason why they removed FM is because this card was going nowhere. They tried many things to make it viable but none of them actually worked. Is that a shame, certainly but as I said, other cards will come out bringing new and fresh mechanics into the game so I'm not worry.

Tschjo;n10542822 said:

No it isn't. Old Field Medic would not help make Foltest Swarm a better deck in this meta. Sorry.

iamthedave;n10543872 said:
No it isn't. Old Field Medic would not help make Foltest Swarm a better deck in this meta. Sorry.

Medics would let NR chain into reaver into medic into something else which could fight the point vommiting decks. Also medic lets you keep more "bad" cards in hand as you can simply shuffle them away with the medic. Even shuffling back pulled Dun banners is great as they might retrigger....
It would be better than the medic we have right now if just for making the deck a thing in casual

Tschjo;n10544202 said:
Medics would let NR chain into reaver into medic into something else which could fight the point vommiting decks. Also medic lets you keep more "bad" cards in hand as you can simply shuffle them away with the medic. Even shuffling back pulled Dun banners is great as they might retrigger....
It would be better than the medic we have right now if just for making the deck a thing in casual

I'm sorry, how is a retriggered dun banner better than current field medic, which, on a field of blue stripes + temerian infantrymen + other soldiers potentially? I've seen field medics doing +9 boosts per play. That's guaranteed, without the possibility of a brick draw like the old ones.

Foltest Swarm hasn't gone away, you know. It is around, it's just not super ultra mega competitive. There's a couple of not terrible versions, from the 41 card Roche deck to the classic 30+ versions. They're perfectly playable around rank 18 (says man who uses it around there).

iamthedave;n10545492 said:
I'm sorry, how is a retriggered dun banner better than current field medic, which, on a field of blue stripes + temerian infantrymen + other soldiers potentially? I've seen field medics doing +9 boosts per play. That's guaranteed, without the possibility of a brick draw like the old ones.

Foltest Swarm hasn't gone away, you know. It is around, it's just not super ultra mega competitive. There's a couple of not terrible versions, from the 41 card Roche deck to the classic 30+ versions. They're perfectly playable around rank 18 (says man who uses it around there).

Well it just adds more gas to your board without any cost since you get the dun banner back right? I never said the new medic is bad in a sense of viability. Its bad in the sense of beeing a boring card that does something that another card already does just worse and less interesting. Only in the comparisson between the old and the new FM the old is better.

Sure there is also a queensguard deck still around... Or a reaver hunter deck... This is no argument against keeping a unique card that fits in a unique archetype that was already there and then suddenly isnt anymore.

Tschjo;n10546082 said:
Well it just adds more gas to your board without any cost since you get the dun banner back right? I never said the new medic is bad in a sense of viability. Its bad in the sense of beeing a boring card that does something that another card already does just worse and less interesting. Only in the comparisson between the old and the new FM the old is better.

Sure there is also a queensguard deck still around... Or a reaver hunter deck... This is no argument against keeping a unique card that fits in a unique archetype that was already there and then suddenly isnt anymore.

Falacious argument. Foltest is stronger than both of those archetypes. With even a small boost to NR cards it'll be back to full competitive tier. The only reason it isn't now is that NR in general is underpowered this patch.

If I remember correctly, didn't CDPR change Field Medic because nobody played it?

iamthedave;n10546302 said:
Falacious argument. Foltest is stronger than both of those archetypes. With even a small boost to NR cards it'll be back to full competitive tier. The only reason it isn't now is that NR in general is underpowered this patch.

If I remember correctly, didn't CDPR change Field Medic because nobody played it?

And cursed shupe is still better than Foltest swarm.

If they did they havent read my 10 decklists i posted right here in the NR forum in which i always stated that medic is the card that makes the deck consistent and swingy^^

Top Bottom