AI is the absolutely worst part of the game

+
Your points are good, but I have to disagree. For me, the worst part of the game is the main story after Act 1.

I had a lot of fun through Act 1, in spite of the AI problems. And then "Here's Johnny". The character and story arc became so annoying so quickly that I didn't finish the game. If all the AI problems were corrected, I still wouldn't go back and finish it. On the other hand, if I could completely skip the main mission and just treat the entire map as free roam, I'd have played it a lot longer.

So, I have decided to be patient and wait until the AI is fixed (either by CDPR or by mods), and mods turn off the main mission and create a free roam game.

I agree with everything except for the fact enemies don't notice your allie in stealth while he is walking in front of them. I mean, that is a common thing for every game. Even Last of Us 2 which probably has the best AI ever uses the same trick (enemies are blind for your team mate while you are in stealth mode).

It could be easily programmed to make enemies react on allie in stealth, but this way the game will be literally unplayable in stealth mode. Because your allie is stil AI and he can't hide as good as you, real player. And he would always be noticed.

It can also be more or less easily programmed to make you call allies when they should move. This is really not an innovation in gaming industry. And I don't know why you gave Last of Us 2 as an example of perfect AI, it's nothing too special.

Yes the AI is a complete disaster and imo the #1 reason why the game gets so stale after you've finished the main story.

Take The Division 2 for comparison, which has very good AI: enemies are using their full environment for cover and flanking routes, being very alert and responsive, splitting up to flank from two sides, surprising the player and most importantly acting on these routines CONSISTENTLY and FAST without awkward delays or other glitches. That is what makes the gun fights exciting and challenging and they drive the entire game with theoretically infinite replay value, as it's always fun to jump into the game and get into random fights even outside of missions.

Point is: Cyberpunk really needs better AI for proper replay value and fun outside of quests. The AI is so primitive and bugged that I consider the gun fights in the game only as fillers between all story telling for the purpose of variety, not as actually functioning gameplay mechanics.
It also ruins the bigger context of the story for me, since I can't take Night City seriously when all the gangs and other enemies are acting like robots running on Windows 98 and there is never an actual sense of danger and threat around you, even when playing on very hard.

I would have agreed before patch 1.2 but after they're flanking me, and each encounter I face is not easy. I've died like 3-5 times on one encounter even. I'm playing on hard with a full reinstall and no mods. If any of you are still playing with mods, just know it's probably causing issues with your experience.

Top Bottom