AI is too stupid to coexist with Nekomata sniper rifle

+
I don't know if it's me but I'm playing on the hardest difficulty and was trying to go for a melee and hack build. I always start the fight thinking how to make an enemy blind, disable another's weapon and approach with the katana to kill those who do not have cc and then run and repeat similar tactics. Until I realized that all of this can be avoided by using the sniper rifle's object penetration. The AI stands in place while I simply load the gun and shoot the silhouette. Suddenly everything became so silly and simple without any risk or challenge.
A huge disappointment.
Did anyone else notice this?

Yes, it's the same with remote quickhacks. They don't respond effectively when you're stealthing at range. Of course, it's not easy to write an AI for such things, but it really makes things too easy.

At least on Very Hard - there should be some kind of penetration/range limitation - if they can't write an AI that chases you down faster and more aggressively.

Also, they made the Skyrim-mistake of having healing (inhalers) work instantly and without cooldown - trivializing damage unless you're killed in a couple of seconds.

Then again, Witcher 3 was trivially easy too, even on Death March. I defeated 90% of that game using the Igni flamethrower.

Balance is not CDPR's strong suit, unfortunately. We probably have to rely on mods for a decent challenge.

Yes, it's the same with remote quickhacks. They don't respond effectively when you're stealthing at range. Of course, it's not easy to write an AI for such things, but it really makes things too easy.

At least on Very Hard - there should be some kind of penetration/range limitation - if they can't write an AI that chases you down faster and more aggressively.

Also, they made the Skyrim-mistake of having healing (inhalers) work instantly and without cooldown - trivializing damage unless you're killed in a couple of seconds.

Then again, Witcher 3 was trivially easy too, even on Death March. I defeated 90% of that game using the Igni flamethrower.

Balance is not CDPR's strong suit, unfortunately. We probably have to rely on mods for a decent challenge.
cooldowns ruin games. I don't need anything to annoy me or get in my way. I want to have FUN.

Lower dificulties are made for people like you - and it could be optional.

Oh I love it how you assume that just because I enjoy fun, that I must not enjoy challenge. I could make the same argument using your same logic and say "don't make the game harder for everyone else, simply play on a harder difficulty" But is that really fair? I do wonder. :shrug:

And what do you mean "People like you"?

I think he was serious, and don't call him Shirley.
Post automatically merged:

Have we attacked cdpr enough that now we must attack ourselves! For shame!

ya1

Forum regular
Yeah, tech weapons are broken. Enemies should tend to become more mobile instead of hunkered down and try to bum rush you once you reveal you got a tech weapon. But this is Wolfenstein 3D level of AI. Cyberpunk 1992. What do you expect?

yes the opponents are stupid during the combat and they do nothing zero a challenge. I remember that in Half Life 1 and FEAR 1 the opponents had quite demanding AI for their time. The combat with the commandos was a bit of a challenge at least .in cyberpunk there is no challenge in the fight. sorry for bad english

AI needs to be way more aggressive, they get stuck in get in cover animation sometimes so I just sprint and blow then into bits with my shotgun. They dont cover each other their pathing is all over the place when in combat.
Number are an issue too, but they are attached to a fundamental problem that is the itemization, area scaling and stat distribution, the whole game is a simple stat check you got enough Damage and Armor for this area? Cool, if not come back later, doesn't matter if the guy in that area is a shirtless thug or a space marine, if you dont beat the stats you will shoot peanuts at then.
Same for low level areas, if you have an enemy in full armor it will get shreded into pieces.

The game feels like a beta with a placeholder RPG system attached to it. The story and visual are gorgeous, but man if they don't fix this or announce an enhanced edition to address these fundamental in the gameplay is gonna be way too shameful.

Not really much the AI can do when you've got a weapon that shoots through cover. To be fair, I doubt the enemy is smart enough to know what kinda a weapon you're using before you shoot it. But after a shot that punches through walls, they should be rushing you.

Not really much the AI can do when you've got a weapon that shoots through cover. To be fair, I doubt the enemy is smart enough to know what kinda a weapon you're using before you shoot it. But after a shot that punches through walls, they should be rushing you.

Programming then to play use dodges instead of cover could be complicated but its easy to make then attack you after one get killed.

Programming then to play use dodges instead of cover could be complicated but its easy to make then attack you after one get killed.
So you'd want normal enemies to start fighting like melee cyber psychos? That's entirely out of character.

The cyberpsychos dodges not at all but see then sprinting, trying to do some zig zags to avoid a steady aim at then and even having the npcs yelling he got a NEKO or something along those lines.

It seems cdprojectred allocated all the budget of this game in the art direction, writing, quest design and graphic department, rightly so and with excellent results as the city itself is amazing. Now maybe the should spend all the earned money from sales in developing the gameplay department. It seems everything in that compartment has been pulled of the witcher 3 and slightly adjusted for the FPS perspective- barebone combat ai, shallow rpg mechanics, ui, no physics (corpses and enemies floating the air), etc. Pretty sure decent ai combat is fundamental if the want to make the multiplayer game

It seems cdprojectred allocated all the budget of this game in the art direction, writing, quest design and graphic department, rightly so and with excellent results as the city itself is amazing. Now maybe the should spend all the earned money from sales in developing the gameplay department. It seems everything in that compartment has been pulled of the witcher 3 and slightly adjusted for the FPS perspective- barebone combat ai, shallow rpg mechanics, ui, no physics (corpses and enemies floating the air), etc. Pretty sure decent ai combat is fundamental if the want to make the multiplayer game
And my big beef with the RPG system its a cheap downgrade copy from TW3, because it had magic and preparation to take into account so you had the potions combo+toxicity to think about. They just got the armor and dps numbers and called it a day sadly. When cyberpunk 2020 is one of the lethal systems out there in Tabletop, where being prepared for a mission is the main core of the game.

I found that Sniper doing 8k head-shots all without skills through walls, and that really trivialized the game. Ping quick-hack, clear entire level with a few head-shots, and proceed to looting.

I ended up not using that weapon anymore, because it was just too easy.

Top Bottom