Alchemy completionist: what are all the stuff I need besides alcohol and powder?

+
Alchemy completionist: what are all the stuff I need besides alcohol and powder?

If I wanted to create every potion, oil, bomb, and decoction in the game (including all improved versions). What is the total number of every type of ingredient I need to do so? Since you can refill with alcohol/powder, it means I can obtain x amount of each thing and never collect that stuff again, right? I wonder if somebody has compiled all that.

iCake

Forum veteran
I don't think there is a total list, but I'm sure you can find all the recipes on witcher wiki and then you can sum them all up and get what you want. An example, just for potions

http://thewitcher3.wiki.fextralife.com/Potions

The thing is it's hardly worth your time. Alchohol is abundant in this game, you'll quickly collect more of the Dwarven Spirit than you'll ever have and when it comes to common herbs they're readily available at any herbalist dirt cheap and you don't really need many of them at that. Most of the time you already have a sufficient amount of herbs if you just pick them up on your way from time to time, no need for an all out hunt. Some rare herbs might be more difficult to collect on your own, but again they're sold at herbalists should you need them. You can also pin a desired recipe to easily track and buy the stuff you need for it from merchants.

Things that are relatively hard to come by are ingredients from monsters. But you will still get all of them if you just play the game, especially if you set out to do it 100%.

Two things to note:

a doppler decoction requires a doppler mutagen and there is only one doppler you can get to fight in this game, well technically there could be two, but I'm not sure if the other one drops the mutagen. Anyway, don't want to spoil much: a witcher contract, Novigrad, make sure you confront the doppler there otherwise getting the mutagen can be problematic if not impossible.

a succubus mutagen can also be missed if you don't kill any of the succubi you will encounter. I think there are a total of two chances to get one.

Top Bottom