Alchemy Importance

+
Alchemy Importance

Lets start study Chemistry !

1. Swallow Potion
This potion Effect is to boost a unit by 8. As a bronze spell unit, having 8 power is higher than “alzur’s thunder” it is quite big but no one swallowing this potion rather sad with swallow name.

2. Thunderbolt Potion
This potion can add 2 armor to 3 adjacent units and boost them by 3. In total power this potion will give much more than swallow potion. Thunder can give (3x3 + 2x3) = 14, almost half of power swallow potion can give. But sadly to know this potion only used by NR that play armor, no other faction use this potion.

The other reason this potion less attractive is not work with other cards, except uncle Vesemir. We will discuss uncle Vesemir later, but having this card in your deck if you not play armor NR is waste.

3. Dimeritium Shackles
This shackles is part of alchemy, can be used to toggle a unit lock, if it gold, demote it first, if it enemy damage them by 2.

I think that this card is not usefull in any deck except Millgaard. Yes, demote avalach and bring him back to hand with emyr. How about other faction and gameplay? NO!
Almost every card have armor, the lowest armor on armored card is 2, using this to them only destroy it armors, and….

Every faction has it own silver warden to lock cards.

4. Full Moon Potion
As a bronze card, boosting 2 STR for 6 (12) random unit on board is quite great but it existence lost to Yennefer. But yes this potion has its own consumer, they are dwarves that happy enough to drink potion than ale. I see dew other deck have this card like monster beast.

5. Overdose
Full Moon potion like but have red colored alcohol in it. It effect damage 6 random enemy by 2. This potion is free if you have Ida or Vanhemar in your deck. But no one want to put this Bronze spell card on their deck.

6. Vesemir (Gold)
The uncle Vesemir, When deployed, play a bronze or silver alchemy card from your deck. Shuffle the others back.

After reading this effect you will be interested using him “oh this card can draw silver”, but when you check card collection to find out what Silver card you can draw, you will regret yourself. You will find Dimetrium Bomb.

7. Dimetrium Bomb (Silver)
Choose 5 adjacent units and reset them. If any are gold , demote them first.

The gold era of this card is in CBT while all NR card changed to gold, no one can hurt them except this card. But after every gold are vulnerable, this card lost it shine. No one use them. Demoting gold card to silver will be a huge mistake because it will re-deployable with decoy or resurrected.

In my opinion this alchemy card will usefull if unit have fixed position. If every card have fixed position, ppl will considering using geralt igni. To avoid geralt igni, ppl will using potion to boost a card to be burned, one card burned is better than 3 of them. But what I heard in major update next path, they going to make more agile card? A lot of card will lose it effect and not played. After gold card not affected with hailstorm, hailstorm immediately lose it place on deck. By the way, geralt start to fade, because agile and change it effect from 20 to 25, if this change to avoid tibor is getting burned, it is not wise, because ppl only play him last while geralt igni ...

Is alchemy card still playable? will use it?

Last edited:
I'm not sure alchemy was ever really strong (at least not strong enough to waste a gold slot on an alchemy deck-thinner like Vesemir), but I agree that alchemy is relatively weak atm, and apparently so do the devs: in the last patch broadcast, when CDPR introduced the new gold Vesemir, they said more alchemy options will be coming...

Last edited:
ArianeGrosmont;n9672041 said:
I'm not sure alchemy was ever really strong (at least not strong enough to waste a gold slot on an alchemy deck-thinner like Vesemir), but I agree that alchemy is relatively weak atm, and apparently so do the devs: in the last patch broadcast, when CDPR introduced the new gold Vesemir, they said more alchemy options will be coming...

I think they will add some potion because on the withcer world there are so many potion, like cat potion, and oils. No one use potion because every card is agile, they can easily avoid weather, geralt igni, and others line debuff.

partci

Forum veteran
I can see cards like Dragon's Dream, Devil's Puffball and Northern Wind, which will be applied to 2/3 attached units and damage them continuously like a weather effect, or Samum, which will strip a card or few of their abilities, leaving them only like points on the board (something between D-Bomb and D-Shacks).

Or the Tawny Owl that will Buff your units with a continuing effect (like a reverse weather effect).

Witcher's world is rich of stuff to explore.

For right now Swallow does need a good buff, though.

Last edited:
I think it died with changes to resilience. But there are still few cards that make use of alchemy, D-bomb still has some worth while uses, very niche but I think you're overlooking certain cards like Letho or if they commanders horn + some other buff then you've essentially just gained a card advantage. But also sages, vicovaro novices, which can not just boost the strength of these potions by a few extra points but vicovaros also good for deck thinning potentially if not running reveal NG. Ithlinne which can make TWO spells occur + a body.

Another reason why these cards don't seem to be so good right now is that avalach to prolong the round length as to get value out of cards like merigolds, lacerate and the likes of bronze weather. Watch a meta shift and they may become more prevalent strategies once more.

Top Bottom