Alchemy menu bug before griffon & sound sync

+
Before I get to go to kill griffon on the beginning I'm asked to brew thunderbolt potion. As I go in menu I have no ingredients and tutorial is on so I get stuck with message to select the potion and create it. It's irritating bug I had to minimize the game then quit it via Windows. There's no contact form or place to post bugs on web page nor is there any email provided to contact in case of bugs. I don't know where to report this now as it's irritating bug and it's frustrating to go to steam -> find the page -> realize there's no email or contact support form -> go to forum -> register -> write posts. What happened to customer support and stuff like that. I have it in my company (sw development) why not have it for popular game -.-'.

Second problem is sound is off sync with animations. Is there a way to fix this. Have the latest updates for the game (GOTY version) and build is
CPU: AMD Ryzen 1700
Graphics card: Sapphire RX590 Nitro+ Special Edition
RAM: 16GB DDR4 Kingston HyperX Predator
Mainboard: ASUS PRIME X370-PRO. -> and audio whatever's on this card :)

Hope someone can answer this sound problem at least.

There is a support site: https://support.cdprojektred.com/en/witcher-3/pc

Before I get to go to kill griffon on the beginning I'm asked to brew thunderbolt potion. As I go in menu I have no ingredients and tutorial is on so I get stuck with message to select the potion and create it.
This isn't supposed to happen (Vesemir gives you Thunderbolt, plus the recipe) in an up-to-date game.
Sounds like you have mods installed, which would also be a likely cause of the issue. Possibly the sound bug, too.

There is a support site: https://support.cdprojektred.com/en/witcher-3/pc

This isn't supposed to happen (Vesemir gives you Thunderbolt, plus the recipe) in an up-to-date game.
Sounds like you have mods installed, which would also be a likely cause of the issue. Possibly the sound bug, too.
Thanks for the answer but no I installed game from steam a day ago so I have no idea about mods or anything. And also it should be up to date. Btw the link you gave has no form/email/question at least it's too hidden for me to find where can I actually add new question except for the part where you can choose one of the several NON related issues and ask them. Hope someone from support team reads this as that page is way poorly user friendly. :D
Anyway thanks for the answer

Apparently you still need to craft the potion if you have tutorials enabled. I guess I've always played without them.
You should automatically receive the ingredients, though.
Do you see any potions/bombs/oils on the list on the Alchemy page? Could be a filter problem if you do.

You can also try (temporarily) disabling tutorials before talking to Vesemir outside the inn, if you have a save you can use for that. That way you will automatically get the potion.

Apparently you still need to craft the potion if you have tutorials enabled. I guess I've always played without them.
You should automatically receive the ingredients, though.
Do you see any potions/bombs/oils on the list on the Alchemy page? Could be a filter problem if you do.

You can also try (temporarily) disabling tutorials before talking to Vesemir outside the inn, if you have a save you can use for that. That way you will automatically get the potion.
Already disabled it to continue and it works without a potion but I didn't know if it will as it's my first time playing. I just wanted to report this and ask about sound. Did also report it on provided link as "unable to continue" although it's just a tutorial bug it's not really unable to continue

I've encountered this issue today with goty version unmodded (I'm playing on GFN) and was unable continue (stuck in inventory) after talk with Vesemir before fight with Griffin (tutorial said create thunderbolt potion). After some searching I found, and it worked, that is needed disabling tutorials. @Draconifors post was really helpful!

Last edited:
Top Bottom