Ale festival is live

+
Who is the character that is an avatar reward in the ale fest? I can't tell based on the picture. Also, what are his lines?

Guest 4021160

Sigurd_3;n9622011 said:
Who is the character that is an avatar reward in the ale fest? I can't tell based on the picture. Also, what are his lines?

That, my friend, is the one and only, one who's going where he's going, beloved by bats and men alike the 2 tankard 6 tankard mate. ooooooooooOOOOOdrrrrRRin

Last edited by a moderator:
Yay, finished all the battles. :D
That second Battle of the Bards was tricky, but it was enjoyable to really have to think ahead. Great puzzle!

Event was a lot of fun while it lasted. I'm not going to use the new avatar, title or border, but they're still cool. It's the ownership that counts. ;)

Time to fetch my real tankard filled with cold water. Need a drink after all that drinking.
:cheers:

It's a decent event but there's no replay value. I've done all the quests, and don't really feel the need to do it again. I was expecting a bit more, I mean new single player content is great, but the way it was hyped up I was expecting new multiplayer things to play around with. With all those new mechanics it would have been fun to play against a real person using them.

SkippyHole;n9628061 said:
It's a decent event but there's no replay value.
Given that the Festival was designed only to be available for two weeks, I don't think replay value was a major goal. It is the first of these free 'holiday' events, and, according to one of the REDs, future events will be even better. So, it may be fair to assume there is room for improvement.

Also, although the Fest is a welcome diversion in single-player, we should remember that it probably only reflects a tiny fraction of what sort of content we may expect in the true single-player campaign of Thronebreaker.

Didn't even realised that you can kill that troll. But still for me 6th challenge was easy anyway in regular battle. I just passed first round after like 3 or 4 cards, playing both resiliant and 1 boosting unit to get consumed. Then 2nd round was mostly boosting leader and one an craite, playing almost all cards ( or even all, dont remember) to win. Letting trol to consume decoy, sigdrifa and 1 weakest unit. 3rd round was leader and freia for around 30 pts an Craite. Easy win imo.

Spuddu;n9618951 said:
Actually, there is an other bad thing i noticed: the trollolo expert battle. i mean, leaders and gold card (oppenent gold cards, precisely) were so op that i felt like i learned nothing useful as a level 11 player, because i know that i will never face/have cards so OP in my future matches in ranked. in general, this event is cool, but that battle is simply frustrating to me.

I guess I just don't understand what you are trying to say here. Everyone used the same cards regardless of rank for the event. How is it that you are at any more of a disadvantage than anyone else? If you don't feel that the reward is worth the effort then don't do it.

Cougar1993;n9616461 said:
Lol this expert mode is fuc*** insane... I cant win the first one, played 10x and still no chance ... :D :D So OP when u get only the same cards and enemy get 3x Foul ale, so your Mahakem ale is totally useless ...

Man, I am really glad I am not the only one struggling. I was trying expert mode yesterday and I was completely helpless after about 20 runs in the first challenge! I had to find "inspiration" on Youtube to win the damn battle. And I was so close! Always almost winning in third round. Now I regret I looked for a hint.. Though I am adamant I will find the solution for the bard challenge! Yesterday, I tried about 50 times with no success... Going to try again today!

Lornick77;n9643291 said:
I guess I just don't understand what you are trying to say here. Everyone used the same cards regardless of rank for the event. How is it that you are at any more of a disadvantage than anyone else? If you don't feel that the reward is worth the effort then don't do it.

what i'm actually saying is that from the 1° expert lvl a new player can learn about boosting effects and how to manage them, from the 2° expert lvl you learn to predict the next rounds, before playing your few cards, to obtain a precise effect (pratically, was a puzzle). from the 3° expert level, instead, i learnt nothing, as a lot of players that exploited the fact the ai plays the consuming card also when you have no units on the board. also, i could say that you could learn to predict the next rounds as in the second lvl, if the card that turn randomly one of your cards in a 1 power token wasn't present in the ai deck. i was actually criticizing this fact, i finished this level only to get the prize, but i don't think i learnt something useful from this level as i did from the other two levels.

i want to suggest to the staff to keep doing hard trial as these ones, but also giving to each of them a didadict value in teaching game mechanics, so they can be more attractive to new players. also, a way to automatically skip dialogues during these events (without clicking costantly the space bar) would be appreciated

Last edited:
Couldn't figure out Battle of the Bards expert mode... because I didn't remember the pop-up saying I need to have 4 festgoers on the ranged row. I think it's such a specific requirement (not how you normally win, which is by points) that it'd be better to show it on both difficulties, because I played the standard ones a few hours ago, did the Battle of the Bards on one try, so I really didn't remember the pop-up at all when I got there on expert mode and I just kept winning by points, getting a "draw" screen and totally unsure of what to do.

Very nice. I enjoy the single player special events and challenges, with the stories and the unique special cards, it had a great flavor too :p

Top Bottom