[All Acts] A The Witcher Let's Play I stumbled upon on youtube a while ago

+
[All Acts] A The Witcher Let's Play I stumbled upon on youtube a while ago

I'm posting it here, because it's full of spoilers, but I'm not entirelly sure this is the right place to do so. While searching for a specific bit of TW gameplay, I found this highly addictive Let's Play:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IWvoiaWYBwAI discovered that learning a person's first impressions on the game as they make their way through it is very fun. Naturally, given The Witcher's million of different choice options, sometimes I'd do things differently. The LPlayers initial lack of comprehension for certain aspects of the game also irritated me sometimes, but he finally got over it. All in all, it was a really interesting experience. One I think the Red team might find useful in regards to improvements in TW2!A word of warning: it's 215 videos long!I thank you for your timeGorthuar of MirtheMaster of Arcane Magick

Forum veteran
This looks Mighty interesting... and I think you're right should CDP wish for some first-glance player feedback..I quite enjoyed the amateurish look from the beginning... though I won't go further than checking the first 5-6 or so clips,and then maybe I'll check interesting parts if they're available... Thanks for this. Opening eyes is what we do, so thanks. :peace:

This looks like fun. He was talking and suddenly stopped his intro when the video started :D Though it requires so much free time for a finished game.

Toegoff (the name of the responsible for those Blind Lets Play) is truly legendary in You-tube. Particularly after his epic 300 videos concernig Dragon Age Origins, late last year. I'm one of the many who advised him to do a Witcher Lets Play after that, and he obliged ;D. Hes certainly grown to like a lot to Geralt as a character, and praises many aspects of the game -bought even some of Zapkowskis' novels- but had issues regarding the combat system. He states so all through the videos.

Does he change his control style later in the game? I think it's the camera and "all mouse" style causing his trouble with combat system. I thought he would get used to it later in the game.

People have different expectations but why would one want the combat to be challenging? I think it's weird. I for myself find the combat system better than many RPGs.

e-ahmet said:
People have different expectations but why would one want the combat to be challenging? I think it's weird. I for myself find the combat system better than many RPGs.
Because challenges are interesting? Because there is a greater sense of accomplishment if you had to try hard to do something? Because it get's boring if there is no challenge.

I think combat is challenging enough. In hard mode you need to drink vitality potions once in a while. You shouldn't have to be too skilled to have success at an RPGs combat system. And that's my opinion of course. If I'd really wanted challenge in combat I'd learn some far eastern fighting tecnique :p Also some people never find even the hardest mode of games enough hard and complain about it.

HARD is not what I mean by challenging. The combat style could have been more interactive, rather than being overall repetitve (click, click, click, then let Geralt do all the work...). They are changing it for W2 after all, so I figure the claim has some grounds of validity--- ::)

I'd also prefer more interactive fighting system. I like Prince of Persia Warrior Within's combat system very much for instance but if it's easy and not very interactive it's ok too, for me.

Top Bottom