All I want to do is play one card safely!

+
All I want to do is play one card safely!

Since no cards are safe and so many new cards now give twice as many ways to control you. You bought some time and safety when you played a gold on against a control deck. Plus scoia'tael can now rez their special cards, potions, spells, their ex wives, I mean cmon! They you limit NR so they can't even do half the stuff they could do. So you basI call feel it's ok to give one faction the ability to use all their best tools TWICE OVER. And take away half of who Henselt as a leader use to be able to play all copies of. Its like I'm not safe going first without a damn quen shield for the sake of not getting assassined , or thunderbolted. But even when you do where one you'll just get epidemiced. So these are just my thoughts on your worst parch to date. Thank you. There may be typos but I don't know....I just want everyone to know exactly how I feel at this exact moment. WaitiNG for this patch was like waiting for your girl to get back home from a month long trip. Your extemely excited she's home and you know exactly what your going to do that night and when it becomes night time, she blind folds you, ties you to the bed and punches you right square in nuts. So you like ummm ouch, is this suppose to be kinky? but then she does it a few more times because while she was gone on her lil vacation she thought it would be funny picked up 3 ball busters (aka bronze alchemy nut punches), and 3 SAGES so she could do it 3 more times. I promise before all this happened we were happy in love....now I dunno. The end.

LOL, this is so true. I downloaded the patch right away, all excited. I made a deathwish deck, which worked for a few hours until Swim apparently taught everyone how to spam Sages, and now almost no deck works because SC has access to 5-10 ATs or STs. No card under a 7 is safe, and it seems most people are now playing SC. Unless you have an opening play that gives you high-value tempo with multiple units, or units with automatic armor, you have a hard time even putting cards on the board (unless you get a mirror match).

It's like the devs are trying to force people to play SC or Nilfgaard...

Last edited:
I'll be honest..I have not had a chance to play a single game yet since the patch
I had a kegasim and milled extras the other night.
been to busy/tired to want to play

is it really that bad out there?... I'm getting skerd

TheShift;n9419801 said:
I'll be honest..I have not had a chance to play a single game yet since the patch
I had a kegasim and milled extras the other night.
been to busy/tired to want to play

is it really that bad out there?... I'm getting skerd

You know how it is when a new patch hits: everyone who's disgruntled is very loud (some just because it's their nature to complain), while everyone who is enjoying the game is busy actually playing it. Give it a shot (when you have the time and will, of course), and decide for yourself.

It's like trying to take a shit at midnight, in a public toilet, hovering 'cause there isn't have a single toilet with a seat, in a really dodgy seedy area where people get stabbed in the face regularly while someone is trying to kick down the shitter door while you try to balance so you don't fall in shit and the pen in your pocket won't pierce your scrotum. Other than that, it's reasonably enjoyable.

I think scoiatel will be nerfed, but we will have to wait for next patch. So for about a month game is totally unplayable.
worst patch ever.

Tremors is the real problem here. It does damage and puts a unit on the board. All for a bronze card that can be spammed. It is very difficult to counter

Guest 4021160

I played 5 matches after patch. Decided to remove myself from any outside influence on how I build my decks. Havent watched a single video about gwent.

i play radodad variation of fuck knows. I won 2 out of 5 games against legolas swim spit decks and I dont think it is impossible to play against it.

The reason i didnt play gwent is simple. I was enjoying myself reading forum drinking my lager and eating my popcorn. To me gwent is entertaining AF.

ArianeGrosmont;n9419841 said:
You know how it is when a new patch hits: everyone who's disgruntled is very loud (some just because it's their nature to complain), while everyone who is enjoying the game is busy actually playing it. Give it a shot (when you have the time and will, of course), and decide for yourself.

Well, there is quite a high ratio of people who don't like it. And to be frank, the deck I was really looking forward to play as ended up being real weak vs them Tremors. That said, Tremors is actually quite entertaining to play xD

How prevalent is tremors and spell elves in ranked? I haven't played yet since I've been having fun trying new tricks in casual until I understand the cards but people make it sound like it's turning up more than 50% of the time.

Karajorma;n9421971 said:
How prevalent is tremors and spell elves in ranked? I haven't played yet since I've been having fun trying new tricks in casual until I understand the cards but people make it sound like it's turning up more than 50% of the time.

I have as much anecdotal evidence as most other people here and while ST might account for almost half of my opponents there are about a similar amount of them with the even more powerful, but less disruptive mulligan/movement variant that got quite the buff with the recent patch as well (bronze cards with a an average power of 15, cards buffing everything they have on the board while not even playing it...). At least there you can react by teching in resets of scorch-like effects.

Karajorma;n9421971 said:

basically, it's the new monsters

ArianeGrosmont;n9419841 said:

isn't that a marvelous logic... "the people who don't like the state of the game come to the forums to say that they don't like the state of the game. while the people who don't care, don't."

on another note, can you imagine if the devs followed this logic? "well, only 100 out of 50k players are complaining on the forums, i guess there's no issue then, since all the others are, by default, enjoying the game."
we'd still be following the calviet tempo and brokvar hunter meta... not to mention all the other things that got nerfed along the way (carryover and frost spam)

mfool123;n9419081 said:
They you limit NR so they can't even do half the stuff they could do.

Well then, the obvious thing to do is

1. Forget about not getting damage. You will. Do not fight back but install protections.
2. Control them back (using all the chainer and reset cards you can), and
3. Give them something to keep them busy with using on-going effects like weather or ballista.

I watched his video.. doesn't look fun to play, but I see the complaints now.

My last day of work (today)til tues so I'll be able to get some good time in,except for Saturday. .which I'm canoeing all day
in which case if I don't return from that ..I have stated in my will that my gwent collection will go to idomyownstunts

RickMelethron;n9423151 said:
basically, it's the new monsters

the frustrating thing is that ST Spell used to be the top OP deck before already in an earlier version.

now that it returns at the top again doesn't speak too well about balancing.

spell'tael is good but i think it can be beaten (i personally have not lost one yet) but mulligan is completely broken and needs to be hotfixed.

P.S. I play Skellige pretty exclusively

Top Bottom