All Inventory clothing Locked.. error... 'Action Blocked'

+
I have Patch 1.6 on a brand new install of CB 2077 (using previous save) and find all my clothing item slots in inventory are now marked with the padlock symbol and any attempt to click on any item results in the green 'Action Blocked' message. Unable to change any clothing. Clicked on a helmet (no item equipped in that slot) direct from inventory and that now shows up but I am unable to remove it using middle mouse wheel as that also now shows the padlock and displays same error message. Effectively stuck with ONE outfit despite having 00s in inventory... what do I now do? how do you activate the new wardrobe changer.. ?? I see nothing on the wardrobe in V's basic apartment to engage with other than pick up some listed items which I've never touched... ... is this a bug?

Attachments

• inventory V.jpg
    inventory V.jpg
    320.2 KB · Views: 336
Hum... Your inventory is quite glitchy.
You used mods in 1.5 on this save ? (I presume yes, in view of V's arms)
By "brand new install", you mean that you also remove all the folders/files which are not removed by the launcher before reinstaling the game ?
Like these ones :
Cyberpunk 2077 folder from here: %userprofile%\Saved Games\CD Projekt Red\
REDEngine folder from here %userprofile%\AppData\Local\
CD Projekt Red folder from here: %userprofile%\AppData\Local
Fingers crossed that issues won't remain in your save file itself :(

Hum... Your inventory is quite glitchy.
You used mods in 1.5 on this save ? (I presume yes, in view of V's arms)
By "brand new install", you mean that you also remove all the folders/files which are not removed by the launcher before reinstaling the game ?
Like these ones :

Fingers crossed that issues won't remain in your save file itself :(
Thanks, yes removed all redscripts and related files, deleted entire CB2077 main folders manually after uninstall via Steam, re-installed all the base game via Steam, with the 1,6 patch, then added CET only, tested it worked, then added key mods and archive clothing mods, weather, etc mods one by one testing every time... however didn't try the in-game inventory until this process was complete and started to play.... yes did delete all the appdata/ folder except then later (after the above install) added in back my latest pre-patch 'Saved Game' file so I could retain all my progress and levels etc.. had I not done this I'd be starting again as a base player with no stats... how could one check a save file.. what to look for?

something has locked all my clothing though...and the special wardrobe slots don't work either

I have to say (but I hope not), there is a chance that the bug is directly in your save file.
had I not done this I'd be starting again as a base player with no stats...
I think it's always the risk with modded games after an update.

I hope someone encountered the same issue and managed to fix it (I don't remember any post about that). If not, you'll have to search yourself :(
(or maybe also keep an eye on the comments on Nexus for all the mods that you use).

I have to say (but I hope not), there is a chance that the bug is directly in your save file.

I think it's always the risk with modded games after an update.

I hope someone encountered the same issue and managed to fix it (I don't remember any post about that). If not, you'll have to search yourself :(
(or maybe also keep an eye on the comments on Nexus for all the mods that you use).
Thanks I'm thinking of removing all the clothing mods I have and seeing if that changes anything then if so, can add them in again one by one but checking this issue; a tedious pain but better than a permanently blocked inventory

Thanks I'm thinking of removing all the clothing mods I have and seeing if that changes anything then if so, can add them in again one by one but checking this issue; a tedious pain but better than a permanently blocked inventory
Just an idea :)
It won't be "simplier" to start a new plathrough without mod (default character, on easy and skip everything possible), reach the apartment as fast as possible, verify if the wardrobe work fine and save here. Then add mods one by one, load the save each time and check if it work. With a little bit of luck, you will find the culprit rather quickly.

Possible solution (worked for me)
Inventory - check to see if you have anything in the OUTFIT section. If you have any that are Special Outfits, Unequip it then see if you can access other items without being Blocked

I removed ALL clothing mods whatsoever from archive/mod folder and there are no mods pertaining to clothing or outfits at all in the x64/CET/mods folder.. and I have no outfits equipped, so only using standard vanilla clothing and No change... the padlock symbol is still there on every body garment slot and any attempt to change results in 'ACTION BLOCKED' ..

I then removed ALL mods from my game folders altogether... totally back to a plain install and thus had a totally vanilla game loaded the save and.. still no difference... All my clothing slots show padlock and won't change, show 'ACTION BLOCKED'

I have now run out of ideas... anyone? What can be in my saves that makes this happen since Patch 1.6 that wasn't causing this before the Patch?

I am loathe to start a totally new game and lose all my progress and achievements but is that now the only alternative?

Last edited:
What can be in my saves that makes this happen since Patch 1.6 that wasn't causing this before the Patch?
Hard to say and (very) difficult to figure out which mods/datas cause this bug.
I am loathe to start a totally new game and lose all my progress and achievements but is that now the only alternative?
Except if someone provide another solution, I'm afraid so, sadly. Some mod datas probably remain in your save file :(
So clean-install (to be sure), then new start (or only adding mods which are updated for 1.6 for sure).

Possible solution (worked for me)
Inventory - check to see if you have anything in the OUTFIT section. If you have any that are Special Outfits, Unequip it then see if you can access other items without being Blocked

Aha... this just gave me a thought... I went over all my mods from one modder (Spawn0 on Nexus) and his mod 'https://www.nexusmods.com/cyberpunk2077/mods/3491?tab=description' Spawn0 -Lingerie (which I had installed pre-patch) and this now has changed to use the Special Outfit slot for all its stockings and leg wear items. But nothing shows in that slot in my last save... so got me thinking... and I loaded an older save from August 2022 (pre-1.6 patch) and there in the outfit slot was the legging item I previously had equipped but this time it was visible.

Taking this item out of the Outfits slot immediately removed the padlocks!! I made a new save and quit and reloaded and all was still fine, with all the other clothing slots now unlocked and no padlock. Clearly whatever corrupted the game save at the point of the new patch in September was due to my character having this slot occupied at the time of the patch, and somehow it glitched and didn't show the outfit slot item as being present yet it locked the other slots. It was there in the system but didn't show in the inventory, hence why I couldn't see why the non-outfit slots were all locked. Finding the item visible in the older save enabled me to remove it!

I've now re-installed all my mods both archive and CET/mods and relogged in and pleased to say that everything works properly. Out of interest (after solving this) I tried again to load my September save and despite this fix it was still borked so clearly that save is corrupted and will be ignored.

Thanks for all suggestions, problem fixed and if anyone else is using this mod or similar please make sure you remove any Special OUTFIT slot garment before you save the game and log off, do not save with this slot equipped in case they patch again while you still have something worn from this inventory area. I note that the modder's images for the mod clearly show that while the outfit slot is used the rest are locked with the padlock symbol.. but it took an old save to make the item visible in order to remove it.

Fixed !

Last edited:
I have it since 1.5. I can't equip crafted items, unless I get the crafting perk for legendary items. And the item descriptions says that I require that perk.

Top Bottom