All my attacks are non-lethal

+
I've already checked the usual suspects. No target analysis, it isn't legendary short circuit since the problem persisted when I unequipped it, and I'm not using skippy. The only non-lethal mod I've used was pax, but that shouldn't affect gorilla arms, right? Usually, I wouldn't mind, but none of my weapons seem to be capable of killing on the final bullet, and when I shoot someone already downed, there isn't any gore (kinda disappointed). I know a lot of people don't like the execution animations, but when I try to do them, nothing happens. Just a charged punch. Someone mentioned that the save file might be bugged. If that's the case, is there a way to fix it? Really don't wanna undo this one entirely.

PC 1.6 Steam release

The only non-lethal mod I've used was pax, but that shouldn't affect gorilla arms, right?
Nope, it's only on the weapon on which it's installed, PAX doesn't affect anything else.
It seem that gorilla arms (and maybe most of blunt weapons) have been slightly modified. Before it was "too" easy to kill enemies by mistake with "blunt" weapons (considered as blunt weapon) which normally have to be mainly "non-lethal".

But to be sure, take a powerful weapon (high dmg per hit, not DPS) like an Overture or Grad (Overwatch), ideally fully upgraded and deal a headshot on a random enemy. Normally, the head have to explode if you don't have any issue.
Or if you have Bloody Maria, you can also try with it (it increase the chances to dismembering enemies... I use it and I can say that arms, legs and heads fly everywhere^^)

Last edited:
Nope, it's only on the weapon on which it's installed, PAX doesn't affect anything else.
It seem that gorilla arms (and maybe most of blunt weapons) have been slightly modified. Before it was "too" easy to kill enemies by mistake with "blunt" weapons (considered as blunt weapon) which normally have to be mainly "non-lethal".

But to be sure, take a powerful weapon (high dmg per hit, not DPS) like an Overture or Grad (Overwatch), ideally fully upgraded and deal a headshot on a random enemy. Normally, the head have to explode if you don't have any issue.
Or if you have Bloody Maria, you can also try with it (it increase the chances to dismembering enemies... I use it and I can say that arms, legs and heads fly everywhere^^)
Sucks that they got nerfed, cuz I really enjoyed making enemies' heads explode with a single punch.

Got in a fight and tested the Overwatch. No dismemberment, just a square, even when hitting the head and limbs. Used an Omaha to finish someone off and it gave me the blue diamond/knocked out crosshair.

Also, I tested to see if it was just my weapons that couldn't do it, and can confirm it was now. I stacked a few unconscious guys next to some CHOOH tanks and they got dismembered when they blew up, but when I tried shooting at some with a Carnage, they were still intact.

EDIT: Ran another save for a different character that also has gorilla arms. I guess making the arms non-lethal makes sense, but I still can't get the execution animation to play. Also, used Mox shotgun on someone, and it also knocked someone out, at point blank.

EDIT 2: Tried with Bloody Maria. Managed to dismember a couple arms, and two guys were killed without any gore. Strangest part was one guy getting knocked out by the shotgun. Tried again with the same 5 guys. This time, two were knocked out, one dismembered, and two were killed intact, and short circuit was not equipped. Now, shooting them while knocked out do show gore and dismemberment, but it seems to only work for this shotgun.

Last edited:
Sucks that they got nerfed, cuz I really enjoyed making enemies' heads explode with a single punch.
For weapons which must be mainly "non-lethal", kill a dude in one hit was... annoying. Like with Cyberpsychos, you use a blunt weapon to especially not kill the guy, but bam... he's dead... :(
(Maybe they should add a "lethal" mod for blunt weapon, the opposite of PAX for gun^^)
Got in a fight and tested the Overwatch. No dismemberment, just a square, even when hitting the head and limbs. Used an Omaha to finish someone off and it gave me the blue diamond/knocked out crosshair.

Also, I tested to see if it was just my weapons that couldn't do it, and can confirm it was now. I stacked a few unconscious guys next to some CHOOH tanks and they got dismembered when they blew up, but when I tried shooting at some with a Carnage, they were still intact.
Weird :(
Just some enemies killed with Bloody Maria (shotgun) few minutes ago in a GIG...
16-09-2022_12-01-09-3xsecdcq.jpeg16-09-2022_12-01-40-mgqmaafr.jpeg16-09-2022_12-02-52-nbzsd20m.jpeg
It's a new 1.6 playthrough ?
Did you use or used mods ?
I could suggest, if it's not already done to verifying the game files (I doubt, but in case).
Maybe also to perform a clean install of the game (if it's not done and above all if you used mods before).
And if nothing work and if you never used mods on this save, to send a ticket to the support > "Contact Us" button (including a save file).

Weird :(
Just some enemies killed with Bloody Maria (shotgun) few minutes ago in a GIG...
View attachment 11318663View attachment 11318666View attachment 11318669
It's a new 1.6 playthrough ?
Did you use or used mods ?
No, been playing this save since 1.5, and I'm using quite a few mods, but most of them are cosmetic. The others are Vehicle Overhaul, CET-related stuff like AMM, more gore + blood splatters (ironic), and some model swap stuff. Never had this issue before now, notably after 1.6, so I'm not sure if it's something with one of my mods or the game itself. For example, I removed the increased gore mod because it seemed like an obvious suspect, but there was no change.

No, been playing this save since 1.5, and I'm using quite a few mods, but most of them are cosmetic. The others are Vehicle Overhaul, CET-related stuff like AMM, more gore + blood splatters (ironic), and some model swap stuff. Never had this issue before now, notably after 1.6, so I'm not sure if it's something with one of my mods or the game itself. For example, I removed the increased gore mod because it seemed like an obvious suspect, but there was no change.
Sadly it can still make odd stuff happend in a "old" save. i allways started over whenever a new big patch came out just because you never know -.- im fairly sure its somehow linked too the increased gore mod in some way. If its a value in the savefile it wont matter if the mod is gone sadly -.-

For example, I removed the increased gore mod because it seemed like an obvious suspect, but there was no change.
Yep, unfortunately, like @Notserious80 said, it's possible that the issue remain in the save file itself, so even by removing mods or reinstalling entirely the game, the issue can persist... :(
Post automatically merged:

But before putting your save files in the trash, I "highly" suggest to perform a "clean-install" (link above) and try without any mods on your save.
(fingers crossed) if it work, add mods and try again :)

Last edited:
Yep, unfortunately, like @Notserious80 said, it's possible that the issue remain in the save file itself, so even by removing mods or reinstalling entirely the game, the issue can persist... :(
Post automatically merged:

But before putting your save files in the trash, I "highly" suggest to perform a "clean-install" (link above) and try without any mods on your save.
(fingers crossed) if it work, add mods and try again :)
Still waiting for Cyberpunk to install. Do I just plop in a save that I already had, or make a new one and test it again? It's fine if I gotta restart, since I haven't actually gotten that far into it (in this save), just higher leveled, earlier in the game xD

Still waiting for Cyberpunk to install. Do I just plop in a save that I already had, or make a new one and test it again? It's fine if I gotta restart, since I haven't actually gotten that far into it (in this save), just higher leveled, earlier in the game xD
If you try with your current save, I don't think it could affect anything else, but in your place, I would try first on a new save (random character, skip all the dialogue possible and skip the training to reach the first quest (The Rescue) as fast as possible (during the fight with scavs, you should be able to know if it's fine).
And then if it's the case, try with your current save :)

Ran a new save after the clean install. Since I can't get my gorilla hands that early on to test the popping heads, I was able to get kills instead of knockouts in the first mission and after finding some enemies nearby. Not too sure about dismemberment yet, though. Still can't seem to get the execution animation to play for the heavy melee attacks, which is kinda odd. I thought the game wasn't letting me do any special combat animations in general, but the head smash takedown still works, so it might just be the executions.

Unfortunately, the results on a previous save were inconsistent, with some kills, some knockouts, and 0 executions, so it seems I'll have to start from scratch. No biggie, since it was only like 50-60 hours lol. I dunno, maybe I'll finish the game in this save since I worked that much, but making a killing machine and still leaving behind intact meatbags kinda takes me out of it. What do all of you think?

Unless anyone has other suggestions, I'll be reinstalling all my mods and starting from scratch. The mods don't seem to be causing anything here since the issue persisted without them. Oh, well. I'll be back on here if something happens again.

Thanks for the help!

I would say : it's as you want and it could depend how far you are in the "main quest" (for me, 50-60 hrs, I din't find Evelyn nor Hellman, so restart from the beginning is not a big deal... But others after 50-60 hrs, already finished the game since a good while^^).
You can finish the game on this save (even with the issue) and start a new one after with a different build/lifepath :)

I would say : it's as you want and it could depend how far you are in the "main quest" (for me, 50-60 hrs, I din't find Evelyn nor Hellman, so restart from the beginning is not a big deal... But others after 50-60 hrs, already finished the game since a good while^^).
You can finish the game on this save (even with the issue) and start a new one after with a different build/lifepath :)
I'm on Gimme Danger, and I've been getting stronger because I wanted to take the mech down with my hands :)

Top Bottom