All NPC Scabbards Update Thread

+
Oh man I am so happy I found this post, I was really worried that it was going to vanish as the mod is hidden now on the Nexus site. This is by far my favorite mod for Witcher 3. This is something that should have been in the game from the beginning if you ask me. The new screenshots looks awesome!

So, just something interesting, guys:
While working on the mod, I started to get really interested in the NPC's combat in this game.
What I find awesome is how you can edit the behaviorgraphs, like the one-handed or the two-handed swordplay.
Now if you just tweak these graphs a little, you can get some pretty damn cool stuff.
For example: this is how I'd imagine our dear bro, Roche would be fightin', unlike the weirdly slow vanilla:

Nice moves he's got there, eh? :D
Say if you get this fighting style on some of the more elite fighters in the game, for example a Nilfgaardian Officer, I think the game would be way more realistic and challenging.

I also found a way to give Roche a sword on his back, positioned on his left shoulder kind of like in The Witcher 2.

With these skills and swords, our dear friend is even capable of defeating our pal, Olgierd :D

So is anyone interested? I really enjoy doing things like this, so after I finish my "All NPC Scabbards" mod, I could start working on these with some more depth, and kind of overhaul the npc weapons and combat of the game, make it more fun and challenging :)

Attachments

• Roche vs Olgierd.jpg
    Roche vs Olgierd.jpg
    225.2 KB · Views: 100
  • Roche vs Olgierd 2.jpg
    Roche vs Olgierd 2.jpg
    242.1 KB · Views: 226
Last edited:
Damn, it is so good, mate. And I have a question: can you theoretically add some cool features for the all humanlike bosses and high leveled foes (maybe some skills or fighting styles) to make them more difficult?

So is anyone interested? I really enjoy doing things like this, so after I finish my "All NPC Scabbards" mod, I could start working on these with some more depth, and kind of overhaul the npc weapons and combat of the game, make it more fun and challenging :)
Hell yeah i'm interested! Is it possible to add these animations to Geralt? It would be so awesome to use some of those fancy animations!

Hell yes! That's what we, hardcore gamers, have been asking for to CDPR. We don't necessarely want "tougher enemies, stronger enemies" to tweak the difficulty... We want enemies with new AI combat, new animations. I will be keeping my eye on that kind of mod!

Damn, it is so good, mate. And I have a question: can you theoretically add some cool features for the all humanlike bosses and high leveled foes (maybe some skills or fighting styles) to make them more difficult?

Yes, that is what it would be about, but then I would need to find the entitytemplate of every single boss and edit them, OMG!

:what:

What you guys could do to help me is installing this mod: Debug Console Extensions by skacikpl, and if you see a boss or just an NPC worth re-doing, target him, open the debug console, type in "gettargettemplate" and tell me what you get :)

This would make it easier for me to work on something like this. I plan to release the "All NPC Scabbards" mod this week, so we'll see what happens :)

Last edited:
This would be awesome! You can add this to raise the difficult of the elite human fighters in the game. Would add a better challenge then simply increasing they're damage and hp pool.

Guest 2364765

Would you mind sharing which behavior graph are you editing and what chunks influence combat behavior?
I'd like to test few things out by myself.

Would you mind sharing which behavior graph are you editing and what chunks influence combat behavior?
I'd like to test few things out by myself.

You gotta take the NPC's entitytemplate and see which behaviorgraph he is using, you'll usually find this under CAnimBehaviorsParam, then you gotta find the graph, check the CBehaviorGraphAnimationNode chunks, you gotta get back to the NPC's entitytemplate, and add the neccessary animationsets under CAnimAnimsetsParam. It's rather complicated and hard to describe the procedure :/

Man that looks so cool, I would definitely be interested in this. Something like that would really give the game some much needed immersion when fighting humans.

@eguitar01 Whose are those piruette attack animations? I have never seen them. Can you make Geralt use them?

Also my reaction when I realised NPCs have better piruette animations than Geralt :facepalm2: , REDs really?

@DIXI91 Monsters that can use swords maybe... :) But these wouldn't fit with claws.

Edit: Oh, unless you mean using a different monster's attack patterns on other monsters. Which I assume would work, but one would need to find the monster that would "fit" the monster that you want to change; which is harder to do than to apply the thing to humans.

Last edited:

Guest 2364765

You gotta take the NPC's entitytemplate and see which behaviorgraph he is using, you'll usually find this under CAnimBehaviorsParam, then you gotta find the graph, check the CBehaviorGraphAnimationNode chunks, you gotta get back to the NPC's entitytemplate, and add the neccessary animationsets under CAnimAnimsetsParam. It's rather complicated and hard to describe the procedure :/
I don't think i quite get the details about this, i've added Geralt's animset for swordplay but it's not being used.
Can you provided any NPC w2ent file you've edited so i could check it out?

So, just something interesting, guys:
While working on the mod, I started to get really interested in the NPC's combat in this game.
What I find awesome is how you can edit the behaviorgraphs, like the one-handed or the two-handed swordplay.
Now if you just tweak these graphs a little, you can get some pretty damn cool stuff.
For example: this is how I'd imagine our dear bro, Roche would be fightin', unlike the weirdly slow vanilla:

Nice moves he's got there, eh? :D
Say if you get this fighting style on some of the more elite fighters in the game, for example a Nilfgaardian Officer, I think the game would be way more realistic and challenging.

I also found a way to give Roche a sword on his back, positioned on his left shoulder kind of like in The Witcher 2:

With these skills and swords, our dear friend is even capable of defeating our pal, Olgierd :D

Have to say, now I can see a man fighting like this would be able to barge into a camp full of kaedwenis, kill them all, get a child out, unharmed.
And besides, he is a special forces commando, he should be able to at least match Olgeird (or even fight like him, literally).

Hello! Can someone tell me what happen to this mod, and when ,if you know, it will be available again, please? I'm not really good with english, or familiar with this site, so i can't find a message which explain it!
Thank you!

Top Bottom