All NPC Scabbards Update Thread

+
Hello! Can someone tell me what happen to this mod, and when ,if you know, it will be available again, please? I'm not really good with english, or familiar with this site, so i can't find a message which explain it!
Thank you!

I believe it is still being worked on, but the next update will probably include some fancy new changes as seen in some of the screenshots shown on this thread. I am not sure why the mod is hidden on Nexus though. Seems unnecessary to hide it even if it is not updated to 1.12.

I hope a 1.12 version comes out soon as it is my favorite mod for this game.

Really wonderful mod, but I've found some "issue" - in my opinion we don't need scabbard for young Ciri's sword.

It looks a little ridiculous. Don't you think?

If it could be on her back, it won't be ridiculous, right? :)

It still would be unreal to drew this sword (as we all know - but this is fantasy not real life), but at least it would look better. Ciri would definitely fall with thing like this around her hips.

It still would be unreal to drew this sword (as we all know - but this is fantasy not real life), but at least it would look better. Ciri would definitely fall with thing like this around her hips.

I have to agree, a wooden sword does not need a scabbard.

Some progress update:

The update will include some more content, like sheaths for axes, maces, clubs, halberds, etc.
And for the wooden swords, I still think they do need scabbards otherwise it would just be floating like every other sword in the vanilla game, of course, wooden swords would not use the same scabbard.
The scabbard on Ciri in the prologue was a problem I was gonna fix anyways.
So, tell me what you guys think :)

Attachments

• Screenshot (1).jpg
    Screenshot (1).jpg
    164.8 KB · Views: 73
  • Screenshot (2).jpg
    Screenshot (2).jpg
    251.9 KB · Views: 83
  • Screenshot (3).jpg
    Screenshot (3).jpg
    258.9 KB · Views: 76
  • Screenshot (4).jpg
    Screenshot (4).jpg
    216.8 KB · Views: 95
Last edited:
I planned to release it this week, though it might stretch out to next week, cause you know, life can't always consist only of modding :)
I'll do my best to release it as soon as I can, mate.

No worries and no rush. Planning to start a new game and just waiting for this mod to be done, but as I said, take your time. Good work.

Hohoho, what do we have here?
So, I took a quick glance at the vanilla, and found out a few things:
- Apparently, in patch 1.12 CDPR fixed the missing scabbards on Vesemir, Lambert, Eskel and Letho, but never fixed it for Ciri as an NPC and did not patch the missing silver sword scabbard for Gaetan. The vanilla also "de-positioned" Olgierd's sabre from the scabbard.

:areukiddingme:

I mean, come on CDPR :D
But don't you worry your boy's got these fixed already :)

Attachments

• Screenshot (8).jpg
    Screenshot (8).jpg
    252.5 KB · Views: 74
  • Screenshot (10).jpg
    Screenshot (10).jpg
    206.5 KB · Views: 70
  • Screenshot (7).jpg
    Screenshot (7).jpg
    196.4 KB · Views: 103
  • Screenshot (11).jpg
    Screenshot (11).jpg
    162.9 KB · Views: 81
Some progress update:

The update will include some more content, like sheaths for axes, maces, clubs, halberds, etc.
And for the wooden swords, I still think they do need scabbards otherwise it would just be floating like every other sword in the vanilla game, of course, wooden swords would not use the same scabbard.
The scabbard on Ciri in the prologue was a problem I was gonna fix anyways.
So, tell me what you guys think :)

It's look so awesome! You are incredible, can't wait to play with this mod :nice:

This screens look fantastic !!! I can not wait to install your awesome mod. Thanks Man - You` re GREAT !!!

@eguitar01 you added fantastic tiny stripes to young Ciri's sheath, in my opinion that type of stripes is much more suitable for all types of sword scabbards, but those two wide stripes that you earlier made for the sword scabbards perfectly suit for axes and maces as you presented.

Heya I first of all want to say great mod! Really immersive and makes me look forward to it!

I want to give you a note though on the mace and axe scabbards. If you think about how to draw them, when in scabbards like these, it gets quite complicated and difficult. Usually axes and maces I am sure were carried like this, the opposite position:

I think this problem is just because the developers have it in same position slot etc as the sword and how it is drawn. I realize it would be difficult and time constraining for them doing a completely new weapon drawing position and animation.

I also was wondering, when you release this mod, would it be possible to have one version of it for swords only?

Just wanted to give you my two cents on the scabbard for axes and maces. Keep up the great work!

Last edited:
I want to give you a note though on the mace and axe scabbards. If you think about how to draw them, when in scabbards like these, it gets quite complicated and difficult. Usually axes and maces I am sure were carried like this, the opposite position

Yea, I am well aware of this, but unfortunately, I can't do anything about it, that's just how the game is :)

Last edited:
So I think I am pretty much done, friends :)
I made scabbards for axes, maces, clubs, hammers and so on, but I did not think making it for spears or halberds was necessary, as those would never be sheathed.

Anyways, all what's left now is to check for any major bugs, and then I think we are pretty much good to go, and I'll be ready to release :)
Some more screens here:

Attachments

• Screenshot (27).jpg
    Screenshot (27).jpg
    245 KB · Views: 91
  • Screenshot (28).jpg
    Screenshot (28).jpg
    378.3 KB · Views: 93
  • Screenshot (17).jpg
    Screenshot (17).jpg
    250.9 KB · Views: 84
  • Screenshot (15).jpg