All NPC Scabbards Update Thread

+
All NPC Scabbards Update Thread

All NPC Scabbards Updated is now live!
All NPC Scabbards Updated

- This mod adds sheaths needed for every weapon in the game.
- Fixes the missing scabbard on Ciri and Gaetan
- Fixes Olgierd's misplaced sabre

Update changelog:
- Now added sheaths for axes, maces, clubs, hammers etc.
- Wooden swords will have different scabbards - fixed the large scababrd on young Ciri
- Added straps to some of the scabbards
- Fixed the bug when Olgierd's sabre wouldn't glow red

Attachments

• ScabbardHD.jpg
    ScabbardHD.jpg
    351.1 KB · Views: 1,793
  • Scabbard.jpg
    Scabbard.jpg
    109.6 KB · Views: 443
  • qeBtdAQ.jpg
    qeBtdAQ.jpg
    180.4 KB · Views: 497
Last edited:
First of all sorry for my English. ;).....I just wanted to say BIG THANKS for all your work. Mods like yours still keep my playing Witcher 3. Honestly I cant now imagine playing vanilla game. I am a little bit worried about moding community thought. There are some great mods that have been abandoned.... Every time before game update I am worried if all my mods gonna be updated, because I cant image playing without them. We love you moders and we realy appreciate your great job and creativity. Just do not leave us....:D

---------- Updated at 04:12 PM ----------

Ohh and leather straps looks great!! Very immersive :)

First of all sorry for my English. ;).....I just wanted to say BIG THANKS for all your work. Mods like yours still keep my playing Witcher 3. Honestly I cant now imagine playing vanilla game. I am a little bit worried about moding community thought. There are some great mods that have been abandoned.... Every time before game update I am worried if all my mods gonna be updated, because I cant image playing without them. We love you moders and we realy appreciate your great job and creativity. Just do not leave us....:D

---------- Updated at 04:12 PM ----------

Ohh and leather straps looks great!! Very immersive :)

Thank you :)

Modding this game is a great pleasure for me.
I really hope it won't be forgotten so easily.

Guest 2364765

Looks neat but doesn't seem to go well with all the scabbards.

I guess you could try simply scalling it for smaller ones, but i guess that'd multiply amount of work needed.

Guest 2364765

Quick question @eguitar01

Are you using l_hip_weapon_slot for the scabbards, because i'm trying to make Geralt wear steel swords on hips. This slot works fine for swords themselves, but making scabbard use this slot does nothing. Am i missing something?

Quick question @eguitar01

Are you using l_hip_weapon_slot for the scabbards, because i'm trying to make Geralt wear steel swords on hips. This slot works fine for swords themselves, but making scabbard use this slot does nothing. Am i missing something?

Unfortunately, as in the vanilla game you only see scabbards on witchers, they have their own bone system, which made me have to remodel the scabbards so they would behave like simple swords. After that, I can bind the item to the npc swords and yes, I placed it in the l_hip_weapon_slot. This way, the items bound to the swords won't be drawn, but behave like the swords, and this was the final and best solution I could find to create this mod. :)

So yeah mate, I use the l_hip_weapon_slot for the hip scabbards, but just equipping them in the slot won't do the trick as we don't have animations for the non-existent hip scabbards, thus, it also requires remodelling :)

Last edited:
Ok, so it's time.

Patch 1.12 has been released, so I'll try to release an updated version as soon as possible.
Unfortunately, we have a wee little problem.
For some weird reason, random NPCs seem to have their swords turning inside, which makes the bound scabbard turn inwards as well, and this haven't really been fixed in the patch. I don't exactly know why this is, but it's kind of annoying, so maybe I can only attach straps to HOS and Scoia'tael scabbards, but not the general scabbards.

Anyways, stay tuned for more :)

Top Bottom