All objects in Cyberpunk 2077 are SLIPPY and create momentum

+

I have played around about 40 hours of this game, and have died countless times to this seemingly random bug. When playing the game, have you jumped on a slope or side of a random object and randomly just died. Well I have believe that I have found what the issue is;

When your character is at the very edge of a flat object such as a wall, the character acts like it is falling. If the character moves forward keeping to that edge, their momentum will be pushed forward and gradually gain speed until reaching the max falling speed.

When your character is on a slope which is above a 45 degree angle, this can also happen as seen in the video.

When your character jumps on a railing on stairs inside a building, you have the possibility of dying because the angle is placed in such a way that you instantly go to the max falling speed.

Bin bags or junk also seem to make this collision momentum glitch work too.

If you want to speed run this game, I'd say practice this on lots of different objects and railings as you can go from running speed to faster than a car speed in a small amount of time.

Last edited:
I'm sure everyone has experienced this. I get this all the time whenever I jump over objects. Worst of all is if you're trying to get behind someone to stealth them, pass over a piece of trash, then fly off in a random direction. Seriously needs to be fixed.

I'm sure everyone has experienced this. I get this all the time whenever I jump over objects. Worst of all is if you're trying to get behind someone to stealth them, pass over a piece of trash, then fly off in a random direction. Seriously needs to be fixed.

Haha, yea i get this time to time. Ive gotten where i laugh about it now when it happens.

Its like youre trying to sneak around and being quiet...then you slip on the old pizza on the floor, hear a few bottles break, and slide 10 feet forward....all while, in real life, holding you breath. I find that funny.

The idiotcy of the ai lets you get away with it many times....but sometimes you skate far enough to be in front of them when you stop. Its like a damn comedy show sometimes.

I have also noticed that tapping my forward button to follow an NPC (because you move so much faster than they do on PC keyboard use with no WALK button) can result in doing an accidental dodge forward. I normally like tap dodge but I may change this if it gets too annoying.

This (matching speed of an NPC you want to walk behind) was a huge issue in Oblivion and Skyrim. In those games I made a mod called "follow that actor". You marked an actor and the game would automatically walk your character to follow them until you hit escape from the feature or some event happen like falling or combat started. I wish actual games had this as a standard feature. (PRO DEVs, hint hint, steal this idea please! )

Last edited:
I have also noticed that tapping my forward button to follow an NPC (because you move so much faster than they do on PC keyboard use with no WALK button) can result in doing an accidental dodge forward. I normally like tap dodge but I may change this if it gets too annoying.

This (matching speed of an NPC you want to walk behind) was a huge issue in Oblivion and Skyrim. In those games I made a mod called "follow that actor". You marked an actor and the game would automatically walk your character to follow them until you hit escape from the feature or some event happen like falling or combat started. I wish actual games had this as a standard feature. (PRO DEVs, hint hint, steal this idea please! )
I can't stand that the NPC characters don't walk/run at the same pace as the player.

I'll also sometimes jump on some trash (not even from high height) and then die. Reminds me of those hilarious moments in Skyrim where you kick a bone and it returns back to you and you die instantly.

JagoA

Forum regular
May be a remnant from when wall running was still a thing in the game haha. I've experienced something similar but for me it was just when I am sprinting on railings at a downward slope sometime the game will rush you forward even faster than the example you give (not dodging).

I actually really like the movement system including vertical movements. in this game and hope they can refine it further into something great.

I use this all the time, helps me get from point a to b quickly when It's close enough that I don't need a car.
You can use it on almost any object as long as you catch the side of it. (Curbs are useful)
Not a big deal, but it is annoying when you're on trash and go flying. Or the instant death for no reason.

Top Bottom