All quick and auto save files load game, but character 'dead/flatlined'

+
I suddenly died while doing mr hands gig and open world quests, loaded my latest save and came onto something like the video.
I can't move but can access most of the UI and menu. If I open my character screen, all I see is a silhouette. All my save files except the manual ones just started save file are bugged like that.
Can this be fixed? I have already started a new game but If 50 hrs of game time can be restored then I'll gladly try a solution.

oh sorry, i forgot to put them.
I'm on pc
cpu: ryzen 7 3700x
gpu: rtx 2060 super
ram: 32 gb ram

update on the bug, i was able to accidentally fix it.

I noticed the character has 0 health, and can't save because he's flatlined. I fed him random stuff mostly booze. then found out I can manually save now(probably coz he has some health now, didn't check). after saving, I exited and let gog sync first. then I loaded the manual save, suddenly v went alive and drunk.

here is a video of it. can't believe i just saved my 50 hours.

I have the same problem but even worse, since the game glitches out this way on my manual saves as well as the autosaves and quick-saves. I've literally lost over 135 hours of progress and cannot boot up any save file (I have 10 manual save files some of which were from several missions back, and all of them are kaput). I tried the solution from above bur unfortunately it doesn't work (I can get my health back up to max and create a save file, but I when I load it the glitch persists). Really hope this gets patched soon so I can get back into exploring the world of Cyberpunk!
Post automatically merged:

Oh, and I'm running Cyberpunk version 1.06 on a desktop PC with the following specs:

OS: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 18363) (18362.19h1_release.190318-1202)
Motherboard: MSI - Z97 PC Mate (MS-7850)
CPU: Intel Core i7-4790K CPU @ 4.00GHz (8 CPUs)
GPU = NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970
RAM = 16GB

Last edited:
It‘s definitely a good idea to send a ticket to support. It‘s not the most common issue so the more CDPR support knows about it, the more likely it going to get fixed.

I‘d also try deleting all save games you made since the moment that issue first has started to show. If the issue is indeed affecting older save games too, getting rid of the save games that started the issue might help (make a backup first though...).

In case you installed a mod for the game, that can also cause problems.

Not running any mods or anything, but I found an old save some 10 missions back that loads up without a problem. I'm now weighing my options between loading up that save and re-doing those missions (plus shopping, crafting, etc...), or waiting for them to path this so I can use one of my more recent saves.

EDIT: I realized I didn't let everything sync to Steam Cloud when I tried the "solution" from the video, so I tried it again (making to sure sync everything before re-booting the game) and it worked! Thank you so much @elzniv, you really helped me out here!!! I sent CDPR support a ticket and included a link to your YouTube video so that they are hopefully able to patch this issue in a future update.

Last edited:
Top Bottom