All Quiet On The Eastern Front - The Rant-Thread

+
All Quiet On The Eastern Front - The Rant-Thread

Let's change this a little bit, shall we?

Perhaps there are new on the way, and we all know no one in here can wait.

Bring forth the news, CDPR! We trust in you! :eek:

I agree. Atleast some concept art would be nice. Even if its just a sketch of a helmet or a screenshot of an untextured full conversion borg in t-pose, it would still be information.

Unless this is all some bizzare viral campaign where were mistreated by a corporation to the point that we cant take it anymore.

Hold on there cowboy. They don't have to release info any sooner than is necessary. It's up to them when we get it, and I seriously doubt their marketing plans have any obligation to the tiny percentage of traffic on this forum. Remember how many hits the ' 77 vid got? Like 8 million? When they start the hype, it needs to be done right, and when the game is ready. Also, I swear I read in another thread, many moons ago, that Polish laws have a hand in how they communicate on the forum, what they say or reveal about their projects, etc. Because they've always been tight lipped. The actual designers rarely post on The Witcher forum, and I've never once seen an artist or writer post there. Not once in four years. All that said...I am quite disappointed having not seen or read anything substantial about the game this year. But that's not their fault.

Hold on there cowboy. They don't have to release info any sooner than is necessary. It's up to them when we get it, and I seriously doubt their marketing plans have any obligation to the tiny percentage of traffic on this forum. Remember how many hits the ' 77 vid got? Like 8 million? When they start the hype, it needs to be done right, and when the game is ready. Also, I swear I read in another thread, many moons ago, that Polish laws have a hand in how they communicate on the forum, what they say or reveal about their projects, etc. Because they've always been tight lipped. The actual designers rarely post on The Witcher forum, and I've never once seen an artist or writer post there. Not once in four years. All that said...I am quite disappointed having not seen or read anything substantial about the game this year. But that's not their fault.

But is that an excuse?

We are the ones who should profit from discussing here.

And that thing with the law might be true, But it makes no sense.

But is that an excuse?

We are the ones who should profit from discussing here.

And that thing with the law might be true, But it makes no sense.

What slimgrin said.

They do not, and never have, made game development a collaborative effort. They listen, they incorporate stuff in their games that's come from fan comment in the forums, but they don't go into their forums and ask the fanbase how they should realise their vision of the game, nor do they come in and say "Hey, great idea", or "No, not gonna happen".

I'm sorry that there haven't been updates, but yes, this is the way they work. There will be revelations according to their schedule, when they're ready to do so.

Hopefully we'll get some new info/artwork/anything from the game soon...whether it really is their modus operandi or not...as the dude said it's been almost a whole year since that trailer and we are pretty much running out of things to discuss(to put it mildly).

Okay.

You produce great stuff, you get a fan base. Does that fan base deserve anything from the people who sold them these pleasant things? No. Not thing one. You buy the game or book or movie, there you go. That's your trade. You pay money, you get product. If you are unhappy with your purchased product, complain, don't buy again, etc.

Perhaps you have this hilarious notion that the producer of a product owes you something because you bought what they made and you liked it. Why would that be the case? You trade your money for their product and that's the relationship. You're not dating.

If you volunteer to spread the word or help out on design that's up to you, but the producers don't owe you anything for such a service. If you like it, buy it. if you don't, don't. If you felt ripped off after the trade was concluded, your money or time or whatever they asked you for in return, then sure, you have a valid beef.

But since you aren't in anything like that relationship, I fail to see why you have any basis for complaint.

If you feel this forum has given you exactly nothing every day for a year, well...it's a big internet.

it's kinda normal for a game to get announced and then dissapear from publicity for a year no? i know it was the same with dxhr after the first teaser trailer came out..
i was hoping they would handle it a little bit different with c77 and that they would update the blog more often.. they didn't even have to post stuff that is directly related to c77 but i really enjoyed the cyberchef blogposts, something like that would make the waiting time a little bit better.. oh well, i guess we'll have to wait a little bit longer

They just started working on the story, i doubt anything is done right now (it's aimed toward 2015 at best), everything the game is, should just be a few line of a piece of paper right now.

I'd love to have new stuff to see / discus about, but honnestly i don't even think they "launched" the development process, i bet we'll have more things to see when the witcher 3 will be released and they'll have a complete team to work on CP77.

Also, keep your calm down people, it's "Cyberpunk", not "Call Of Duty - Give-me-your-money-ops", right now, they're still working on the overall concept it seems, CDPR isn't activision, i doubt they have the money (or just the need, or time) to talk about a game that they probably didn't even have started, and don't have money to make "buzz", or promotional campaign, or whatever for a game who'll be released AT BEST (so, probably in a longer time, 2016, 2017), for 2015

I know, i LOVE Cyberpunk too, but guys... let's be realist.
Remember that what they'll tell you during the concept stage will not "for sure" be what you'll get in your game, etc...

I bet we'll have some stuff in one year or two, but i doubt we'll have that much to chew on before.

That you like it or not, it's how it works, you can't have christmas before December lol.

a rant-thread? are we already so far that such uselles threads are beeing made?.........

give them time, they are planning something....

They just started working on the story, i doubt anything is done right now (it's aimed toward 2015 at best), everything the game is, should just be a few line of a piece of paper right now.

I'd love to have new stuff to see / discus about, but honnestly i don't even think they "launched" the development process, i bet we'll have more things to see when the witcher 3 will be released and they'll have a complete team to work on CP77.

Also, keep your calm down people, it's "Cyberpunk", not "Call Of Duty - Give-me-your-money-ops", right now, they're still working on the overall concept it seems, CDPR isn't activision, i doubt they have the money (or just the need, or time) to talk about a game that they probably didn't even have started, and don't have money to make "buzz", or promotional campaign, or whatever for a game who'll be released AT BEST (so, probably in a longer time, 2016, 2017), for 2015

I know, i LOVE Cyberpunk too, but guys... let's be realist.
Remember that what they'll tell you during the concept stage will not "for sure" be what you'll get in your game, etc...

I bet we'll have some stuff in one year or two, but i doubt we'll have that much to chew on before.

That you like it or not, it's how it works, you can't have christmas before December lol.

I can understand the frustration, but keep in mind that THIS early in development anything they talk about now can not even make it into prototyping phase, not mentioning the actual game. So it's wise for them to keep their cards to their chest just to avoid another "CDPR lied to us because they promised [insert feature here] in the game 2 years ago!" rant threads.

Also, keep in mind they are listed on Warsaw stock exchange, so they need to plan their marketing right.

And no, they don't owe us anything, sorry.

I am also frustrated that there has been NOTHING for almost a full year.

But, I think I understand why.

One thing that hasn't been mentioned as a reason why CDPR haven't posted any info is 'hype'. Imagine if they did actually post stuff every couple of months or what have you. For all we know the game is still at least two years away, possibly more, ("When It's Ready" tm) and that means that if they keep the hype up with a feed of info, it will get over hyped and it could look like an anticlimax come the release date.

I am unsure, but I may actually like a big flood of data close to the date, a real oversaturation situation.

Forum veteran
I can understand why they don't share any new information and all of that jazz, but it's a bit disappointing that they never hang around on the forum. It was awesome when we had two REDs jump into that Batman versus Superman thread on the other forum, and I don't really understand why they don't pop in to talk about completely unrelated things more frequently.

They could even make a new rule where asking them about game-related stuff is an instaban if they're worried about being pestered. It'd just be nice to feel like they're actual people rather than some kind of invisible force that can't be bothered to deign us with their occasional presence.

Top Bottom