All Quiet On The Eastern Front - The Rant-Thread

+
I don't think they will be literally TRANSLATING the PnP system to videogame. They surely have their own vision of the game and that's what will help them to make certain decisions - which rules or features to cut out, which to expand etc.

What's most important for me that the game will be based and inspired on "true" Cyberpunk RPG, not some random sci-fi & cyberpunk mixture. That inspiration is key that will move everything else in the game's design machinery.

Personally I never played Cyberpunk or any other PnP for the rules, mechanics, dice throws etc. I played them for the stories. So as long as CDPR gives us a good story with a "real", "true" Cyberpunk feel - inclusion or exclusion of certain stats, mechanics or classes is secondary to me.

Yup, same here, but I was just wondering how much their vision and the "feeling" of the Cyberpunk pnp will mix together, i'm sure the game will be good, seeing how they focus on the quality of their games, but I don't really know what to expect "gameplay" wise, so it's hard to don't be over-hyped, knowing the possibility of the cyberpunk universe, we can basicaly get ready for anything, story wise and gameplay wise.
Rockerboys are a part of the cyberpunk feel, but "video-game wise" they wouldn't last long in front of a Solo, or a Cop.
It's fun to play one in the pnp, it would be boring and annoying to be killed every seconds in the game.

I'm just curious about "How" they'll adapt all of this to give us a "true" cyberpunk ride wich would take us in their world, and at the same time, staying true to the cyberpunk roots

But I don't think it will be hard to include the true Cyberpunk FEEL in the game, especially for CDPR that are really skilled in adapting existing literary work. What could be hard is to include all the Cyberpunk MECHANICS etc by using "brute force" meaning "we have to put everything in the game just as it was in the PnP system".

Rockerboy is a good example. If they went for the latter approach, they would probably have (or are having at the moment, you never know) a hard time figuring out how to squeeze that role into a video game as a player-controlled role. But they can still include Rockerboy as a Cyberpunk core role as one of the main NPCs. Which would be even better IMO, as they really know how to make fully fleshed out, awesome characters and Rockerboy could shine here.

But I don't think it will be hard to include the true Cyberpunk FEEL in the game, especially for CDPR that are really skilled in adapting existing literary work. What could be hard is to include all the Cyberpunk MECHANICS etc by using "brute force" meaning "we have to put everything in the game just as it was in the PnP system".

Rockerboy is a good example. If they went for the latter approach, they would probably have (or are having at the moment, you never know) a hard time figuring out how to squeeze that role into a video game as a player-controlled role. But they can still include Rockerboy as a Cyberpunk core role as one of the main NPCs. Which would be even better IMO, as they really know how to make fully fleshed out, awesome characters and Rockerboy could shine here.

Exactly, having NPC likes Medtechies to patch you up, Fixer to sell you items, Corporates in the buildings, etc...

I'd say it would be the easiest way to make it balanced and having all of the pnp background present without being too much of a mindgame to implement it in the game.

To be really true to the pnp mecanics they would need to do something like Shadowrun Returns: turn based, isometric view, something old school and easy to program without having 30 000 rules steping on each other.

Here if the game is in real time, fully rendered, etc... they'll have to sacrifice a few things.

In the face of mentioned problems, I'm so glad that they have Mike Pondsmith on board. The father of the system, with experience in video game design, he's a silent guardian, a watchful protector... I mean, he will ensure, that Cuberpunk 2077 will be the Cyberpunk game.

Just to get you really worked up in a frenzy:

From http://in.ign.com/en/feature/876/ign-india-interviews-cd-projekt-s-co-founder-on-the-witcher-3

Q: So what’s next after this game? Can you tell us anything about Cyberpunk 2077?

A: People have been asking me if Cyberpunk 2077 will have multiplayer or if it will be a straight-up shooter, and I tell them to relax, because it will be a true RPG game.

We are known for storytelling, and big game worlds, and so we’re taking all what we've learnt from previous three Witcher games, as well as the open-world aspect, and applying it to Cyberpunk 2077. So yes, it is an all-out RPG game, but we're looking at having a lot of new gameplay elements that I cannot talk about yet. One thing I can say for sure is that it is definitely NOT a multiplayer shooter.

Which may mean that the emphasis is "Not Multiplayer Shooter" rather than "Not Multiplayer". Genre rather than detail.

Wouldn't be surprised to see an open multiplayer. It's more a trend than anything though.

Yeah, multiplayer RPG's are a trend... I'm sure they will fizzle out soon.

Yeah, multiplayer RPG's are a trend... I'm sure they will fizzle out soon.

Yeah, but back in those days there were only a few, now more than half of the coming games are online.. It is horrible.. It is just greedy asshole publishers like you know who, trying to milk the market.. I'm sure it will pass someday where they will focus something else when they figure out what the next generation of retarded 13 year old gamers are really into.. (thats not to say all of them are retarded..)

Yeah, but back in those days there were only a few, now more than half of the coming games are online.. It is horrible.. It is just greedy asshole publishers like you know who, trying to milk the market.. I'm sure it will pass someday where they will focus something else when they figure out what the next generation of retarded 13 year old gamers are really into.. (thats not to say all of them are retarded..)

Ah, now MMO's are another issue entirely. A load of the current game available today are "Free-to-Play" MMO's which suck monkey balls, churned out to milk every drop of dignity and currency from unsuspecting individuals. The "Pay-to-Win" philosophy is a pile of shit that I wish had never been concieved.

However, there is still; no way to reliably replicate the reactions of real people through an AI in games. That and it doesn't hurt too much for us shut-ins to get some form of exposure to other people once in a while.

I have no issues with 2077 potentially having multiplayer content. I know that CDPR will not add something like that if it were in any way likely to detract from the singleplayer experience. So, that said, as long as there is no 'requirement' for the player to partake of the multiplayer aspects, then I am more than happy for the option to be there.

Ah, now MMO's are another issue entirely. A load of the current game available today are "Free-to-Play" MMO's which suck monkey balls, churned out to milk every drop of dignity and currency from unsuspecting individuals. The "Pay-to-Win" philosophy is a pile of shit that I wish had never been concieved.

I wasn't just talking only about MMO's, nowadays publishers find most stupid ways to force online components to singleplayer games, one example would be that multiplayer being linked to singleplayer like in Mass Effect 3, where you have to play subscribed multiplayer countless amount of times to achieve the best results in singleplayer (and if you don't play multiplayer for like one week, you have to do it all over again because the resources you gather disappears after a short while and while doing that, why don't also buy this multiplayer dlc so it is less boring) or other examples would be games like Diablo 3 and Simcity where you have to pay mounthly subscription to play a singleplayer game.. MMO's are just a part of it, it is a disease that spreads trough singleplayer games.. It is a way publishers use to milk money from gamers..

However, there is still; no way to reliably replicate the reactions of real people through an AI in games. That and it doesn't hurt too much for us shut-ins to get some form of exposure to other people once in a while.

Yes, true that, you can't get that kind of "camping, teabagging and cursing 12 years olds" interaction from NPC's.. :D All jokes aside, i would not be against an online co-op option, but your close friends whom you would love to play the game with might not be always available.. In the end you always end up being have to with playing those kind of people.. Not really fun.. Especially if a game forces you to play multiplayer, thats just awful..

I have no issues with 2077 potentially having multiplayer content. I know that CDPR will not add something like that if it were in any way likely to detract from the singleplayer experience. So, that said, as long as there is no 'requirement' for the player to partake of the multiplayer aspects, then I am more than happy for the option to be there.

I completely agree, thats how i feel about multiplayer as well.. But other than co-op, i just don't think it is fun at all.. I would rather it didn't even show messages such as "online mode available" every time you open the game like some other companies does.. (Like it is constantly trying to remind you that you can always subscribe for multiplayer and play with 12yr olds.. What a nightmare..) But i'm sure CDPR will never fall so low, so that shouldn't be a problem..

I am guessing that we'll get some news in Games Com '14 because they already did a Witcher 3 gameplay demo and promo trailer, so they might do a CP2077 promo trailer and Witcher 3 gameplay demo for the public. Or if nothing in '14, then in '15 at least, for CP2077. So, yeah, we'll...just have to...wait...*twiddling thumbs*

I am guessing that we'll get some news in Games Com '14 because they already did a Witcher 3 gameplay demo and promo trailer, so they might do a CP2077 promo trailer and Witcher 3 gameplay demo for the public. Or if nothing in '14, then in '15 at least, for CP2077. So, yeah, we'll...just have to...wait...*twiddling thumbs*

CDPR are apparently holding back the same footage and demo that was shown at E3 to show at Games Con - according to Angry Joe anyway.

Seems unlikely they'd use the same footage from what.... 14 months earlier? Unless I misunderstand, stranger here and all that. :p

I wouldn't get my hopes up for anything significant software wise this year, I imagine they will focus on TW3. But Pondsmith could kick it up a gear eh, and theres always other things they can show... concept art etc.

But in general I feel quite calm & patient regarding both CDPR's games, they'll be ready when they're ready, and they'll mask up PR close enough to releases to keep a momentum. I see comments like they should keep dripping out stuff, I understand people are keen, but if they did a constant drip there'd be no secrets left by the time we install.

I go away for a few months, and no real new information pops up in all that time... sad....

Riiiight, and if they actually did release any new info while you were away, you would bitch about how they could do it while you were away :)

Anyway, I'm glad you're back with us! :victory:

Top Bottom