All Things Gwent Thread

+
All Things Gwent Thread

Hello Folks,

So the collector and witcher fan inside me wanted the real Gwent Cards. Here they are below in all their splendor.
They are not official, I don't sell them and all the game art and card game itself are property of CDPROJEKTRED. I am just a fan who got these printed out. Please don't ask me questions or message me on How to find them. Internet is your best friend here :)
But, for the fellow fans of Gwent, Here they are 199 Gwent cards + 10 DLC cards

I got my House of Glass Comic and Collectors Edition Guide though ;)

I have to Buy "The World of Witcher" book yet.
I am still waiting for my PS4 Collectors Edition as it got stuck in some other country. I am yet to play the game
:(
Hatts Off to REDs though for TW3 :D

Last edited:
awesome! I know it's been already said 100 times in many different threads, but I am a sucker for board/card games and can't wait for them to decide to print them officially!

Yes internet is your friend. I have ordered me a real life deck as well. Altogether 234 cards (a few ordered twice). I should get them in a week or so.
There are a few print shops which also offer customized card games for birthdays or weddings. If you have ripped the textures it is quite easy to get one.
However...I'm also the first who will buy an official game if it is ever released.

Dude, these are amazing. Great job!

Boy do I hope they release gwent cards in the future. I need my Scoia'tael deck in my life.

The second skin of geralt, triss, ciri ,etc is really awesome!! I know you print the cards but, where do you get that skins, did you photoshop it?

SooOOoo if you were to, you know, fall from a cliff or some such accident.. You'd totally leave me these in your will right?
Just curious...

Note to self: Book Holiday to wherever there are lots of cliffs and send @tmarvolo plane tickets.

In all seriousness this is awesome, thank you for sharing - come to think of it my University has big A2 printers I might have to make a totally needed stop at one day after class with a certain file to print.

May I ask what card type you used and such (Materials wise) and what program you used to align them all up prettily so they print well?

This has given me the motivation to photoshop a few custom Gwent cards so expect a new thread or something in the upcoming days lol. P.S if someone has a high quality Gwent card template slide that in my DM or PM as they call it here.

Have get them printed when I finish cards for
- Margarita Laux-Antille
- Assire var Anahid
- Hjalmar
- Cerys
- Druid
- Succubus
- Troll
- Godling (male and female versions)
- Sirens

I used A3 card paper to print them, I matched the back with a generic witcher logo.

Templates please I wanna get to work lol

My Gwent Deck - example cards arrived!

Hi all o/

Well, after 3 weeks my example Gwent deck cards arrived in the post. Not the greatest quality but they are perfect to play with.

Looks like the company got the backs of the cards printed on the wrong cards but I'll chase this up with them before I order the full set....

Short You tube video of the cards here: https://youtu.be/1azNnKzxTRg

o/

They're cool - Personally I am hoping to the high heavens that they put the Northern and Nilfgaard decks in the Blood and Wine special edition, If not I will have to commit lots of my money to purchasing them separately and I don't feel up to that aha.

They look more than good enough to play with - thanks for sharing.

I have the exact same mouse as you - also, welcome to the forums!

Yeah, was hoping CDPR would be releasing these in full, but I don't think there's anything planned for this in the future.....so, just checked it's ok to get a full set printed myself (without breaching copyright laws etc), and it's fine.

Now to upload the full 300+ cards to the printer company and wait another month or two for them to arrive :)

P.S. I couldn't afford a razor mouse at the time so this one was a semi-decent replacement for a fraction of the cost :p Oh, and excuse the untidy desk haha

Yeah, was hoping CDPR would be releasing these in full, but I don't think there's anything planned for this in the future.....so, just checked it's ok to get a full set printed myself (without breaching copyright laws etc), and it's fine.

Now to upload the full 300+ cards to the printer company and wait another month or two for them to arrive

P.S. I couldn't afford a razor mouse at the time so this one was a semi-decent replacement for a fraction of the cost Oh, and excuse the untidy desk haha

They seemed to be considering it - we'll have to wait and see.

Sounds fun q:

It's a good mouse! and mine is a tip at the moment... Need to clean it too.

Nice cards Adonai! Think the quality of yours is much better than my examples! But, it's ok.....main thing is - the game's playable now :) (Well, mine will be when my cards arrive in about 10 days time) :)

The size I chose was kinda more tarot card size (as it seemed to be the cheaper of the sizes to get printed).....

Nice work :)

Cheers! Tarot size does seem to be closer to the in-game cards - I went with the work other people had already done though ;)

The FULL decks arrived today! \o/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6dWkY099riU

Decided to go for tarot card size and linen cards. The quality of the cards is awesome, the print/details aren't great but good enough to see/read no problem (I was only using 96dpi images - almost hi-res but not quite).....

So, all cards now complete for around £55 UK all-in......

Next project now is to build the game board - video to follow (in a month or two) :)

Will let you know how a proper real-life game goes later - me and the wife are going to have a few rounds, and will feedback on how cumbersome it might be (with the calculations and card searching etc) :)

---------- Updated at 01:52 PM ----------

Played our first game today - took around 35 minutes (yep, I lost).....
I played Monsters, wife played Northern....

Couple of points to note:
1) With a full deck of 72 ish cards, it's quite difficult to decide what cards to take....You have to have at least 22 cards in your deck, with no more than 10 hero cards and no more than 10 special cards (weather etc).....
2) Trying to remember where the scorch card goes and it's full potential....
3) Playing monsters "group" cards - even though the cards were not in my deck, in the game it seems to draw the remainder of the "group" cards in anyway
3) Monster Deck again - I have a "group" vampire card of strength 5 with no other str 5 vampire cards, and one str 6 arachas "group" card with no others....so they're kinda useless (might need to look at the full deck again)

Last edited:
Top Bottom