All your questions will be answered on January 26 [UPDATE]

+
jjavier said:
I'm sure someone will upload the conference soon.
That's how I watch the last 2 conferences.
This are working hours where I live. This week, I have take a week off from work.

I am watching a replay of the conference here, so hopefully it should work for others:

http://apps.facebook.com/thewitcherlive/

Similar to a previous poster, I would love to know if the PC is getting the Dark Edition retail product as well. The previous CE edition was a bit too much for me, but I would gladly swing $80 for the Dark Edition with a medallion in it.

Some other Gamespot news about the Xbox version (beware some little spoilers those of you who are touchy)-

[media]http://www.gamespot.com/the-witcher-2-assassins-of-kings/videos/xbox-360-impressions-for-the-witcher-2-assassins-of-kings-preview-6349228/[/media]

Wolf Medallion with chain
Will there be a Dark version Collector for PC? I would get this medallion!

It looks excellent. Will the gameplay be uploaded in HD? The stream was coming in kind of slow on my end, so it'd be nice to watch it in a high quality.

Anyway, I'm excited that a release date was finally announced! And it's in April! I was afraid it was delayed since there was no mention of the 360 version for months. Looking forward to the Dark Edition as well. I hope pre-orders for that start soon, since the Best Buy, Amazon and Gamestop links all only show the regular edition.

Well, looks like they finally completed Chapter 3 :) Maybe after I download the EE the game will feel like it was completed.

Can't wait for this game! But alas, apparently I must... There are already some previews surfacing on internet (Kotaku, IGN, Gamespot) and they are universally saying that this truly is an authentic Witcher 2 experience. And that's all I ever wanted from it. Now I finally get to see what you pc-players are so jelous about. As soon as I find a retail with some/all of the pre-order extras, I'm putting my pre-order in. Thank you CDPRED. You have yourselves a new fan.

Adityathewarriorwithin said:
anything Im missing here? :eek:
They showed the bit in Act 3 when Iorveth tells Geralt that
Letho saved Triss
. BIG mistake imo, it was one of the greatest "what the hell" moments in the game for me and put things in a different perspective. :/

I'll wait 'till April to see that intro. Mm, willpower.

JackintheGreen said:
5)"We have not forgotton our PC gamers and fans". To those already owning a registered copy of theWitcher 2, the enhanced edition will be availabe for FREE, as a downloadable, via the game launcher, also on April 17th.
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wvsboPUjrGc[/media]
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lVMy0PFr8no[/media]

Time to start a new TW1-TW2 once I finish with Alpha Protocol

Dona said:
They showed the bit in Act 3 when Iorveth tells Geralt that
Letho saved Triss
. BIG mistake imo, it was one of the greatest "what the hell" moments in the game for me and put things in a different perspective. :/

I'll wait 'till April to see that intro. Mm, willpower.

oh so that you were refering to! Yes kiunda sucks if you haven't played the game, but still its ok since majority of the ppl who viewed the conference were already witcher fans who must have completed the game.
Right now I just can't wait for it to be released! I'm still wondering if the dark edition will be available for PC

Forum veteran
JackintheGreen said:
(DvdBox for game, Game Soundtrack, Making of, Artbook, Stickers, Quest Guide and Wolf Medallion with chain).
Because nothing says "mature RPG" like stickers. That actually made me laugh.

JackintheGreen said:
5)"We have not forgotton our PC gamers and fans". To those already owning a registered copy of theWitcher 2, the enhanced edition will be availabe for FREE, as a downloadable, via the game launcher, also on April 17th.
Did they say anything about a manual download like there have been for the patches thus far?

227 said:
Did they say anything about a manual download like there have been for the patches thus far?

He didn't say that but most probably we will get it as a patch anyways just like TW1 and so far patches.
Downloading from the launcher takes like forever (for me atleast) it is quicker for me via the browser (with connection and downloading failing mid way possibility of course)
Besides having the patch in youe hard drive makes it very convinient for re-install and Im sure the devs have this in mind.

btw pardon the double post, but for those who haven't seen this yet:
(bit spoilerish)
GOG.com is pleased as punch to announce that The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings Enhanced Edition, developed by sister company CD Projekt RED, will be coming to PC on the 17th of April! Just like when CDP RED updated the original Witcher to The Witcher: Enhanced Edition, this comes with scads of upgrades and extras for you to enjoy. The good news is that anyone who owns The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings before the 17th will receive the upgrade to the Enhanced Edition for free!

In celebration, we’re offering The Witcher 2 on sale for 15% off, starting now, for the next two weeks.

In case you didn’t hear the news from CDP RED, let’s go over what’s new and awesome about the Enhanced Edition:

New major adventures set in new locations. These consist of an underground system of chambers beneath Loc Muine and a temperate coniferous forest in the Loc Muine mountains, and a secret cave passage. These new adventures will add several hours of story-based gameplay to the game.

New major characters to the Witcher story. One of them is Brigida Papebrock Dame. This noble woman comes from the Temerian family Papebrock and is a 30 year old lady-in-waiting of the Temerian court. The other characters are secret--for now!

All new animations and cut scenes, including a new, three and a half minute pre-rendered cinematic depicting the assassination of King Demavend of Aedirn. BAFTA Award winner and Academy Award nominee Tomasz Baginski brings this key historical event to life, setting the stage for the story told in The Witcher 2.

GOG.com will also be adding the Witcher comic book to our list of goodies on the 17th as a free gift to everyone who owns the Witcher 2; further, there will be a new game map, game guide, manual, and soundtrack available in your free goodies on that day as well.

The Witcher 2 is already a game that has won--in scientific notation--a gazillion awards. Come this April 17th, it’s going to get even better!

now that sounds really good
can't wait for 17 April!!!

Top Bottom