Allow auto and quick save game limit

+
This is due to steam cloud sync taking too long, and the consumer's disk space as well.
Allow us to limit the number of saves , before it overwrites the oldest auto or quick save.

The code feature may benefit the sequel and older or future cdpr games.

Please consider it , thank you very much.

Last edited:
As mentioned before, I wouldn‘t get my hopes up for changes like that. CDPR has a lot to do with CP2077 and Gwent at the moment.

By default, the game will save 10 quicksaves and 10 autosaves that roll over one another when the limit is reached.

You can disable the cloud-saving features through GOG / Steam / Origin through the platform settings. Or, simply play in offline mode if you don't really care about achievements and such.

While rare , I fear dead hard drives. Not asking for a fix , just leaving it here.

While rare , I fear dead hard drives. Not asking for a fix , just leaving it here.

Why would saving the game kill a hard drive? It takes literally between tens of millions and hundreds of millions of writes to the same sector to kill that sector...and even then the rest of the hard drive will work mostly fine. It just won't use the bad sectors. In order to have this happen for the standard home user (even if they are rabid gamers), it would take literally 15-20 years of daily usage. SSDs, in particular, have no moving parts. This increases their longevity even more.

There will be the occasional hardware fault or manufacturer defect, but this has nothing to do with using the hardware as intended. That could happen the minute you turn the PC on for the first time.

No worries about saving games.

No definitely not about savegames killing a hard drive , but rather my hard drive dying without cloud backup enabled.

Top Bottom