Allow crafting of iconic weapons you owned.

+
Due to the crafting system being so scuffed, as there very little indication that the base iconic weapons is needed to craft the upgraded version. Either accidentally dismantling these weapons or dismantling iconic weapons due to the lack of knowledge that it is still needed to be used as a crafting material.

I suggest that we should be allowed to craft them after acquiring them. Or at least iconic weapons should not be able to be dismantled.
And for gods sake at least put some warning, or show an indication or tutorial, that these iconic weapons are still need for crafting. You have no idea how much iconic weapons I sold or dismantled, until the point where I can finally craft an upgraded version, where I realised I still need the base rare version of it. Well that is what happened to my black unicorn.

In my opinion this is a HUGE oversight of the crafting system.

Last edited:
Is it just me or are some weapons OP? I crafted an SMG and mods and the dam is over 1300 on a SMART GUN! Also my armour mods are OP too with an rating over 2500.

Attachments

• Screenshot (406).png
    Screenshot (406).png
    3.3 MB · Views: 508
I'm extremely frustrated and angry with this requirement of having the current weapon available to craft it anyway.
I accidentally dismantled my Dying Night about 20 hours of game play time. I thought "it's DPS is low now anyway. I'll craft it later." Now, when I tried to craft it again, I found out that I need the initial weapon. I definitely will not go back 20 hours back for it. But it is an extremely frustrating issue for me.

This is not a new topic, is seen in other games too. The solutions are available in a large variety. Just pick one. But this, like this, it just doesn't work.
- You can remove the requirement of having the base weapon
- You can prevent people dismantling iconic items (dismantle button just doesn't work on these weapons)
- You can add an "Are you sure? You won't be able to craft it again" confirmation box.
- You can adjust the dismantling time longer as an indication that the player is doing something specific and even popping a pop-up warning message saying "You will not be able to craft this weapon anymore"
- You can add "locking" system for some weapons or items, so that they are not permitted to be dismantled until the player unlocks it
- You can seperate the inventory slots for iconic items from regular items

Any of the choices above works.

But like this, it's too raw and disturbing. I know, it's not the main issue for the game, but still gives enough bad vibes to players like me, "collectors".

I certainly hope an update for that.

Edit: Two more options added.

Last edited:
I've definitely junked a few iconic weapons. I figured they'd show up again later potentially and it wasn't worth keeping them, but I stopped doing that after a bit unless it's a weapon I know I'll never use.

Yes - please add a feature, so that epic and or iconic weapons can be recovered or crafted without having the original item anymore.

I did not know about the upgrade-feature and did dismantle or sold all my iconics so far :(
I think I put the game on ice, until there is a solution to this. Please don´t let us out in the cold too long,
Please help!

TLDR: Crafting is seriously broken and painful and needs an overhaul!!

Sadly, the game implies you can craft iconics, but you can't.
You can only "upgrade by crafting" if you still have the item.
So I had trashed old versions of an item, which mean I could never make the higher tier ones.

Also the material components is seriously broken.
You can craft and dismantle Docs up to blue, which is a great way to "farm" components, but purple docs can't be disassembled.

And to craft orange components requires a lot of green/blue/purple to get there. So you need to sit crafting lower tier for ages to make a few high tier, which is painful and boring, because you can't do batch crafting.

And upgrading items for a 1% boost using materials I have to spend ages crafting?! Forget it!!!
Upgrading should bring items up to current level, not raise them a level at a time, a level you can't even tell based on checking the item...

I'm at the point where I am screwed. I have a Legendary Iconic that I love, but is too expensive to upgrade, and I can't just make a new one.

It would be great if you can buy or craft iconic Items. I sold my iconic weapons with the plan to craft them later in the game. I didn't know you need to have the original weapon to use the blueprints

Last edited:
Waaait, upgrading iconics only brings them up one level? I would've thought it makes them "current" as it were.

Waaait, upgrading iconics only brings them up one level? I would've thought it makes them "current" as it were.

The whole system is completely idiotic. I made a suggestion on how to fix it, elegantly, and without breaking anything but nobody cared.

On the one hand, I'd like to be able to do this because I shamefully admit that I disassembled my Wolf Jacket as soon as I had a better item for that slot. Little did I know, at the time, that I can upgrade it and don it again...

On the other hand, one can argue that never losing anything due to stupid actions and decisions detracts from the role-playing experience. I don't know. It's a tough call.

Juyo

Forum regular
I accidentally scrapped my Crash even after knowing that I'd need it to upgrade it later, because I was mass scrapping weapons and just held my finger down a fraction of a second too long before realising - it's frustrating that there isn't *at the very least* a warning/confirmation box that pops up when you click to scrap an iconic. Easiest solution to this particular problem would be that you can craft the base version of the weapon again once you've acquired it - also acts as a bit of a punishment for scrapping it in the first place due to the material cost required to re-craft. Agree that the the crafting system generally needs looking at though as upgrading items doesn't feel as impactful as it should and very quickly gets prohibitively expensive materials-wise.

how about ripping out of the game this entire crafting and upgrading system, along with enemies scaling.

I don't think enemies and loot scale at the moment. Did a side job last night where NPCs and the items they carried were level 37 while I was level 29. At the same time, going back to the first district and killing a couple of gang members yields level 5 gear.

I don't think enemies and loot scale at the moment. Did a side job last night where NPCs and the items they carried were level 37 while I was level 29. At the same time, going back to the first district and killing a couple of gang members yields level 5 gear.

Story missions scale, not side gigs.

TLDR: Crafting is seriously broken and painful and needs an overhaul!!

Sadly, the game implies you can craft iconics, but you can't.
You can only "upgrade by crafting" if you still have the item.
So I had trashed old versions of an item, which mean I could never make the higher tier ones.

Also the material components is seriously broken.
You can craft and dismantle Docs up to blue, which is a great way to "farm" components, but purple docs can't be disassembled.

And to craft orange components requires a lot of green/blue/purple to get there. So you need to sit crafting lower tier for ages to make a few high tier, which is painful and boring, because you can't do batch crafting.

And upgrading items for a 1% boost using materials I have to spend ages crafting?! Forget it!!!
Upgrading should bring items up to current level, not raise them a level at a time, a level you can't even tell based on checking the item...
I have the same problem. Accidently sold all my iconic items with the plan to craft them later in the game. I sold them because other weapons were more powerful. Recently I found out that you can't craft iconic weapons even if you habe the blueprints. That's kind of sad.

Last edited:
this is very frustrating. im a collector. i accidentally dismantled dying night early on. this game has so many non user-friendly design. who would thought u would need the base version to craft the new one. (the fact so many ppl tripped by this)

Top Bottom