Allow crafting of iconic weapons you owned.

+
this is very frustrating. im a collector. i accidentally dismantled dying night early on. this game has so many non user-friendly design. who would thought u would need the base version to craft the new one. (the fact so many ppl tripped by this)
I'm a collector, too. It's really annoying and frustrating to lose something unique. The problem is... we didn't even know that we can't re-craft those weapons.

What baffles me is that some iconics drop recipes, others drop as the item. Which makes the former automatically better in every way.

At the very least we should be able to "lock" items so they can't be dismantled without us manually unlocking them. However, I'd agree with the opening post & PepeSmug that we should gain the crafting recipe for all iconic weapons we get, especially if they're going to be parts of future crafting recipes.

The fact the current iconic description makes it sound like you'll be able to craft it again (or at least new versions of it) without saying "ONLY IF you keep this particular item" just makes it that much worse.

+1 While this is definitely not one of the more urgent issues, I still hope you change this in the future and allow the player to craft iconic weapons without needing the base version. For collectors it's frustrating and hard to understand why some iconic weapons are lost forever once dismantled, while other iconic weapons (for example Sovereign and Buzzsaw) can be crafted over and over again...

Need a crafting station to craft, no crafting/upgrading in a noodle restaurant for god sake!

Need at least a few special items as part of the recipe such as epoxy, welding gas, High temp plastic, paint, springs etcetera.

Reduce the number of components (way too grindy) but require special items that are harder to get (see above).

Require a step build, make systems that then build major components that then are assembled into the final product! This would give you at least a sense of accomplishment as you struggle to get all the parts for completion.

Something like:

Tx5 Springs, 3d printed Action lever, Molded Piston, CNC cut metal housing, Welding gas, High temp plastic, Epoxy (more?)

The above special items are needed along with SOME game components (rare, epic common so on) to make the gun systems as follows:

Barrel

Magazine

Gun Lower ( hand guard, pistol grip, trigger and the trigger guard.)

Receiver

The above PARTS are finally needed to make a complete gun build!

I made a mod similar to this for building cars in Fallout 4, it makes it fun to go in the game a few times a month to search the wasteland for all the parts (with combat along the way) and build each car system to at last assemble into the car. I have been "end game" playing Fallout 4 this way for the last few years.

Last edited:
The crafting system in general along others are very poorly explained by the game.

Doesn't help the game put in a carrying capacity and then floods your inventory with thrash with no way to get rid of it but disassembling since your apartment takes forever to get to.

There is one more thing which makes no sense (linked with crafting). It is a nonexistence of NPCs which could do crafting like other type of craftsman or tradesman which are present in Night City.

this is very frustrating. im a collector. i accidentally dismantled dying night early on. this game has so many non user-friendly design. who would thought u would need the base version to craft the new one. (the fact so many ppl tripped by this)
Same here. I accidentally dismantled widow maker along with a bunch of other guns. Now this is the only gun missing in my 160 hour game. Initially I thought this would not be a problem as I was able to craft large quantities of other Iconic items without having the base version, too. This is very counterintuitive.

This. I dismantled the silenced sniper rifle from Panam and when I wanted to craft it and realised I can't I felt like breaking my keyboard over the table...

I can't remember what weapon it was, but I think it was the gun Jackie gives you at some point during act 1.
Well, when the Heist was over I made a trip o the nearest drop point to sell off low dps weapons, one of which being a weapon that brought up a prompt "Are you sure you want to sell this weapon?" I didn't realize it had a different background as the others at the time and was like "Yeah, I have way better weapons."
It wasn't until later I realized it was iconic and I wouldn't be able to get it again.

I'd also like this to be changed, so once you acquire an iconic weapon, you can basically craft it from scratch.

I accidentally dismantled the Jinchu Maru in its epic state, now I cant craft the legendary version, because the crafting system doesnt give me the spec to craft the lesser versions! So fustrating that if you make a mistake like that, youve lost the item for the whole playthrough. Or maybe give us some special DLC shop where we can buy iconic stuff we may have accidentally dismantled.

I placed Scorpion's figure before stashing Stinger, so yeah I would love for iconic crafting to be added to the game.

Need a crafting station to craft, no crafting/upgrading in a noodle restaurant for god sake!

Need at least a few special items as part of the recipe such as epoxy, welding gas, High temp plastic, paint, springs etcetera.

Reduce the number of components (way too grindy) but require special items that are harder to get (see above).

Require a step build, make systems that then build major components that then are assembled into the final product! This would give you at least a sense of accomplishment as you struggle to get all the parts for completion.

Something like:

Tx5 Springs, 3d printed Action lever, Molded Piston, CNC cut metal housing, Welding gas, High temp plastic, Epoxy (more?)

The above special items are needed along with SOME game components (rare, epic common so on) to make the gun systems as follows:

Barrel

Magazine

Gun Lower ( hand guard, pistol grip, trigger and the trigger guard.)

Receiver

The above PARTS are finally needed to make a complete gun build!

I made a mod similar to this for building cars in Fallout 4, it makes it fun to go in the game a few times a month to search the wasteland for all the parts (with combat along the way) and build each car system to at last assemble into the car. I have been "end game" playing Fallout 4 this way for the last few years.
this is exactly how the exotic weapons are crafted in Ubisofts Divison 1 & 2... getting several unique parts to craft the whole weapon. it would be copy/past 1 to 1... I doubt they gonna do it.

it would be copy/past 1 to 1... I doubt they gonna do it.

Like their mechanic for healing, follow the quest arrow, fast travel, eating and drinking giveing temp bonus just like in other games?

Naaaa, "copy and paste" never stops any AAA game DEV, a working idea is a working idea. I remember how Todd Howard was explaining their mechanic for casting with one hand while using a weapon with the other. He admitted it was a copy of Bioshock mechanic. Even the appearance of the hand animations holding the magic in ready to fire it.

well thats your opinion - but than again make police ai like GTA, hacking like watchdogs, car physics and customization like nfs and yeah crafting like division etc... im personally no fan of "everything is a remix" - tho i admit the crafting system is broken in CP and needs an overhaul but doing it like division where the unique parts are mostly boss drops means to separate it completely from the tech attribute and developing a stand alone system not attached to an attribute in skill builds. and I doubt they gonna do that soonish while there are clearly much other stuff to take care of first.

well thats your opinion - but than again make police ai like GTA, hacking like watchdogs, car physics and customization like nfs and yeah crafting like division etc... im personally no fan of "everything is a remix" - tho i admit the crafting system is broken in CP and needs an overhaul but doing it like division where the unique parts are mostly boss drops means to separate it completely from the tech attribute and developing a stand alone system not attached to an attribute in skill builds. and I doubt they gonna do that soonish while there are clearly much other stuff to take care of first.

We both agree that it is doubtful they will "do it". The probability of the DEV using any one persons idea/mechanics is statistically low with SO many being tossed around on this forum and just in the industry alone. :rolleyes:

But that stops no one (maybe even you) here on the forums from speculating and throwing out ideas. Any way I would not do it as you were describing what you thought I meant. I never said it should be like the division you did. I never play it as I hate multiplayer.

I made a mod for Fallout 4 designed to keep me playing the game once in a while. (I still play it about twice a month). The mod allows me to go out in the wonderful fallout world and find or buy (if merchant happen to have any) various car parts (piston, brake pads whatever) and specific materials (welding gas, epoxy, engineers tape what ever ) and use them to build sub systems. All seeded in the world at random and procedurally.

Those sub systems are used to build systems that are then used to build the car. All build must be done at a work station which is a bare car frame and I have animations showing the character welding on the car with the song playing "one piece at a time".

The car frame slowly transforms over time into the finished car with the paint job of choice (there are about 2 dozen).

I love jumping into the game and searching for the pistons I need (finally found a few in a car in Nuka world), the steel and the welding gas from a wandering merchant, all to make an engine. The engine is one of several parts needed to build the drive system. Later that completed Drive system will be used with other systems I built to build the car! :p

While searching for the Pistons I always come across other items needed for the complete build so I am constantly rewarded for exploration!

I do not keep playing Fallout because my mod is so great, I love to still play it because the WORLD in there is so great. The mod just give me a good reason to keep visiting it.

THAT is how the crafting in an INTERSERING open world should be! (y)

Last edited:
that really sounds amazing - respect for the skills to make something like that in the first place. I also dont wanna argue I was just saying they shouldn't just copy paste it 1 to 1 from Division "getting parts, going to your appartment, craft the weapon - done" - if they go for smt they should at least put their own spin on it - like idk mission u have to hack the militech or araska server to get the blueprints even before thinking how to farm the components or idk implement a blacksmith dude comparable to the ripperdocs specialized to upgrade the base model of a certain weapon if u gather all the material in need. - actually I like how to craft the weapons in Division (btw there are other ways to get different exotics as well like pvp (dark zone) or missions you have to solve puzzles f.e) I personally dont want just the exact same thing in CP - get the base idea and than improve it your own way - like u did with your car mod. ^^

edit: btw you can clear the whole division game solo - there is no need or force to team up in multiplayer ;)

im personally no fan of "everything is a remix" -

I am curious for your opinion on this, I mean I agree you are right that paying for the same games every year with just the same old ideas shuffled around is not an attractive when you say it out loud.

But especially for open world games played in part to visit virtual environments, are there not at least some crafting mechanics (or any) you would prefer to be familiar every time across most open world games?

Oh, and Thank you for your kind words on my mod but really Bethesda made TES and Fallout the easiest games in history to mod. My code skills are weak but my GAME IDEAs for open world are a cornucopia! I HAD to get them out of my head and in a real game or my head would explode so I was obsessed. I bang my head on the keyboard until I get what I want to eventually work.

I Appreciate that Bethesda made their engine purposely for guys like me. Gave me 10 years of game changing paradise. These days I struggle a great deal to try to alter games. IT will be that way for people like me until we get REAL AI to help us code...

Last edited:
Top Bottom