allow player to ban leader abilities for non-ranked matches

+
I don't have enough posts so I'm writing here.

My suggestion to CDPR is to allow player to ban leader abilities (for example up to 5 of them) for non-ranked matches. That would be welcomed addition especially in [annoying] metas as it is right now.

That way people could experiment with their homebrew decks without fear of playing against Tier1 every time. It would also discourage other to use most hated decks in non-ranked as they would not be able to find a match.

What do you think guys?

Yeah, I'd love to see a custom match-making mode where you could specify:

- rules (standard or any of the seasonal modes)
- leader ability exclusions
- card exclusions

Even if it was for reduced experience / rewards, I'd love to be able to play Season of the Griffin, no Lockdown, no Viy, no Lippy. :p

Adding an option to accept or reject the opponent match up

No thank you. It would not be fair to punish players for using whatever Leader ability other players dislike, especially considering all abilities can be used in more than one deck. You cannot know what deck the opponent is playing based on their Leader alone -- even Ursine Ritual might not be Lippy.

I've said this in that other thread but I will repeat it here: suggestions like this always seek to punish other players. Always.
It's a multiplayer game, and of course there are players who will always play to win even in casual. There is nothing objectively wrong with that as it's in no way against the Terms of Service.

And the above is why I will always be firmly against such suggestions despite sometimes getting frustrated by all the top meta decks that I encounter in casual.

Yeap, this is what I always wanted, but mostly for ranked.
I don't see why it's bad.
My opinion, it's the best thing that can be done to stop players using the same 1-2 decks.

I see where you're coming from but a specific leader ability doesn't always mean a specific deck you know.

I don't have enough posts so I'm writing here.

My suggestion to CDPR is to allow player to ban leader abilities (for example up to 5 of them) for non-ranked matches. That would be welcomed addition especially in [annoying] metas as it is right now.

That way people could experiment with their homebrew decks without fear of playing against Tier1 every time. It would also discourage other to use most hated decks in non-ranked as they would not be able to find a match.

What do you think guys?
That could be cool. Personally i just play casual now, and when i cue the annoying decks, I just quit. Would be nice to be able to remove them from mye cue.

As it has been discussed so many times over, there is 0% this will ever happen.
Realistically, if you take some time and think about all the matchmaking complications, queue issues, massively increased wait times this would cause - this is a stillborn concept.

Adding an option to accept or reject the opponent match up

No thank you. It would not be fair to punish players for using whatever Leader ability other players dislike, especially considering all abilities can be used in more than one deck. You cannot know what deck the opponent is playing based on their Leader alone -- even Ursine Ritual might not be Lippy.

I've said this in that other thread but I will repeat it here: suggestions like this always seek to punish other players. Always.
It's a multiplayer game, and of course there are players who will always play to win even in casual. There is nothing objectively wrong with that as it's in no way against the Terms of Service.

And the above is why I will always be firmly against such suggestions despite sometimes getting frustrated by all the top meta decks that I encounter in casual.
But why its going to be a punish for players?

Let a take your example. I dont whant to play against ursine ritual, so If The game starts and i dont whant to play against it i Will Just forfeit and Live goes on.

So whats The difference to the player Who was using UR doenst match against me or i rage quit After The game starts? The player wont play that match in both The cases

But in The case number One (rejecting a match) , it Will save my time and Also Will save The time off my opponent.

Aaah, but my opponent wins 2 crows If i forfeit? Ok, so If i skip a match give him 2 crowns too and everything is right, but in this way, i repear, it Will save The time of both players

No, it will not. It will waste their time because they wait for matchmaking only to get rejected. And casual has the longest queue times, too.
Wait, what? WHAT?

You are saying enter in The match, loading Screen, flip The coin, the leader avatar say his stupid phrase, loading Screen again, give The cards, starts The mulligan, The opponent forfeit, enter in The match results screen, than in The rewards Screen its faster than Just appeared a mensagem saying The opponent didnt accept The match and The game Will find another opponent.

Aah, ok

One serious misconception here. Insta-forfeiting is absolutely not a common thing, not even on casual mode. It is not a major issue for anyone (well, other than players who actually throw those matches and lose their time).
You might do it, some others might do it, and there is a chance these people also tend to visit the forums more to share their frustration, but that doesn't make it a common thing.

I often pray to get matched with players who'd instantly forfeit against me, unfortunately I rarely get this blessing, no matter which decks I'm using. And trust me, I would glady take the extra 2 CPs for few seconds of my time, zero problem with that. That is time well spent for me, when I compare rewards vs. effort.

On the other hand, I have never forfeited a match on start, no matter the odds - I'm not kidding myself that this game should be only about my favorite (or favorable) matchups. On the contrary, I always build my decks with the most common, efficient netdecks in mind, to be able to stand against them and be able to counter them - often times this fails and I get wrecked, but that is absolutely fair. Of course, if you don't want to accept the need for adaptation and you just want to play (and be successful) with your "creative" deck of choice, that is your personal decision. As I pointed out so many times on these forums, most players tend to play to win, not just for the sake of putting cards on animated boards. A seriously large chunk of these players also have low creativity or zero urge to come up with their own ideas, so they copy what is best - this is why streamers can put up a living playing Gwent or other similar games. Most viewers are not there for the show - they are there to get ideas and instantly copy anything they see to be effective on stream. This is how the community works.

Imagining a system where people would only play against their fav matchup (and that matchmaking would be declined by the very same system, because that specific decktype you'd like to be matched against would cancel YOUR decktype as being favored against him) is the greatest paradox really.
As a matter of fact, this would literally kill the matchmaking system and introduce horrendous queue times for everyone.

You are saying enter in The match, loading Screen, flip The coin, the leader avatar say his stupid phrase, loading Screen again, give The cards, starts The mulligan, The opponent forfeit, enter in The match results screen, than in The rewards Screen its faster than Just appeared a mensagem saying The opponent didnt accept The match and The game Will find another opponent.
You are speaking of one match, and what if it is 3 in a row? 5? For exaggeration - 10 (although it might happen to some people)?

I'll give you an illustration why it would never work as you want. I tend to return to my Svalblod self-wound deck from time to time, but because some people are fed up with Lippy or warriors they ban the ability; now I'm forced to find another match and I would be very lucky to do it on second try, considering all the hate Lippy gets. If it would continue like that for 3 games in a row, because of this very suggestion I'm forced to either continue to search for an opponent with self-wound for who knows how long (growing more and more irritated in the process) or play something else in hope of finding someone to play against which again doesn't make me happy since I wanted to play that particular deck.

However, even second option might not save me because I could find myself being in the same situation with yet another leader some people despise; continuing my example - I got tired of waiting untill I find anyone with Svalblod and decided to switch to Uprising engines, however, because somebody decided "I'm in no mood for Uprising witchers" I'm stuck in another waiting sequence.

And you know what will inevitably happen if such a change would be implemented? Hundreds of threads both here and on Reddit shittalking on CDPR for the implementation (I also can assure you - even suggesters themselves will be among them).

I would approve it, less time wasted encountering tryharders in casual mode spamming lockdown nova. The coding part is also simple enough, it's just a filter on the queque, you play lockdown? Good, you get matched up with the first available player who didn't ban this leader.

Deliberately missing my point.
Yeah, now you know what its like, since you did The same with me.

But Maybe my ironic have Hurt your feelings

One serious misconception here. Insta-forfeiting is absolutely not a common thing, not even on casual mode. It is not a major issue for anyone (well, other than players who actually throw those matches and lose their time).
You might do it, some others might do it, and there is a chance these people also tend to visit the forums more to share their frustration, but that doesn't make it a common thing.

I often pray to get matched with players who'd instantly forfeit against me, unfortunately I rarely get this blessing, no matter which decks I'm using. And trust me, I would glady take the extra 2 CPs for few seconds of my time, zero problem with that. That is time well spent for me, when I compare rewards vs. effort.

On the other hand, I have never forfeited a match on start, no matter the odds - I'm not kidding myself that this game should be only about my favorite (or favorable) matchups. On the contrary, I always build my decks with the most common, efficient netdecks in mind, to be able to stand against them and be able to counter them - often times this fails and I get wrecked, but that is absolutely fair. Of course, if you don't want to accept the need for adaptation and you just want to play (and be successful) with your "creative" deck of choice, that is your personal decision. As I pointed out so many times on these forums, most players tend to play to win, not just for the sake of putting cards on animated boards. A seriously large chunk of these players also have low creativity or zero urge to come up with their own ideas, so they copy what is best - this is why streamers can put up a living playing Gwent or other similar games. Most viewers are not there for the show - they are there to get ideas and instantly copy anything they see to be effective on stream. This is how the community works.

Imagining a system where people would only play against their fav matchup (and that matchmaking would be declined by the very same system, because that specific decktype you'd like to be matched against would cancel YOUR decktype as being favored against him) is the greatest paradox really.
As a matter of fact, this would literally kill the matchmaking system and introduce horrendous queue times for everyone.

Well, i dunno If this mensage was for me, since you didnt quote me. But since you are talking about insta forfeit, i think it is.

Well, If you see, my first post i quoted The Draconifors post, wich He gives The idea to "Adding an option to accept or reject the opponent match up"

And in fact thats its a pretty Good idea. Its not a filter that you never Will play against The faction X, but its a mensage asking If you whant to play against The leader ability The game choose to you.

So, If someone Will do insta forfeit against a specific leader (lockdown, ursine ritual and etc) He can Just dont accept that match, since its more easy.

But, in punishment for that, it will take more time to him to play (but not more time than enter in The game and forfeit).

For The opponent, He Will gain 2 crowns more Quick than enter in The game and The other forfeit.

So, i repeat, its not a filter, but a mensage saying If you whant to accept That game.

You are speaking of one match, and what if it is 3 in a row? 5? For exaggeration - 10 (although it might happen to some people)?

I'll give you an illustration why it would never work as you want. I tend to return to my Svalblod self-wound deck from time to time, but because some people are fed up with Lippy or warriors they ban the ability; now I'm forced to find another match and I would be very lucky to do it on second try, considering all the hate Lippy gets. If it would continue like that for 3 games in a row, because of this very suggestion I'm forced to either continue to search for an opponent with self-wound for who knows how long (growing more and more irritated in the process) or play something else in hope of finding someone to play against which again doesn't make me happy since I wanted to play that particular deck.

However, even second option might not save me because I could find myself being in the same situation with yet another leader some people despise; continuing my example - I got tired of waiting untill I find anyone with Svalblod and decided to switch to Uprising engines, however, because somebody decided "I'm in no mood for Uprising witchers" I'm stuck in another waiting sequence.

And you know what will inevitably happen if such a change would be implemented? Hundreds of threads both here and on Reddit shittalking on CDPR for the implementation (I also can assure you - even suggesters themselves will be among them).

Well, my other mensage with all The explanation serves here too.

After 2 or 3 matchmaking with The same leader ability (as you said) Maybe The player Will tired of not accept The match and it will accept.

For The Last, i Also use a ursine ritual witcher deck (with doenst have lippy) and some players have Just forfeit in The beggening and i dont care.

Top Bottom