Almost forgot what an amazing game The Wicher EE is! (with 2TB disk space for it =)

+
Already planning a new The Witcher Marathon after finishing Blood & Wine in my current TW3 run. I loved replaying TW1 just like before or even more. It had more context after TW2 and TW3, specially since I had never read the books before. Expert difficulty is best for me, since it teaches me how to use alchemy, brew stuff with special secondary properties, use signs, grease, oils and time my attacks by feeling rather than an orange mark on the screen.

Weird though, TW2 was one I always played in Hardest difficulty, a couple of Insane runs wen I was insane enough for it and Dark mode when it became available. But now, specially because combat is so time consuming in those difficulties and I really just wanted to enjoy the amazing writing of TW2, Easy really felt the best way to play it, savoir all the politic intrigues and jump back to TW3 right after, while remembering with a smile the populace in TW1 reacting to the weather. I always laugh a lot with it when playing TW1 and well, out of all scenes that I really enjoy in TW1, one is very special to me:

Don't watch it if you haven't finish TW1 and experienced that yourselves:
HUGE

@RageGT: Yeah, that's probably the best scene in the whole TW1.

Such a pity Aerondight is so underpowered in TW2 when you import your save. I always keep it since it's so special, but it can't match many other swords. Does it even appear in TW3 if if you import TW2 save?

I loved replaying TW1 just like before or even more. It had more context after TW2 and TW3......

Yeah, I too love The Witcher. It's a very unique kind of game, and very special in this series. The best thing about it is its outstanding atmosphere, which is, in my opinion, the best in the series. What contributes to that is phenomenal music. Phenomenal music. Very immersive game once you get the hang of it.

And that particular quest and that whole chapter were very well done.

I should also mention that I quite liked Raven's armor. It also looks great if you import it into The Witcher 2

Such a pity Aerondight is so underpowered in TW2 when you import your save. I always keep it since it's so special, but it can't match many other swords. Does it even appear in TW3 if if you import TW2 save?

As far as I know, they have put that in the BaW expansion. Probably obtained through a secondary quest. But since I haven't played it yet, I don't know the details.

Last edited:
Totally agree with the praise for the first Witcher game.

I recently decided to play despite owning it since it first came out years ago (about a third of the way through currently I think).
And I'm so glad that I did, because it's an incredible game. My PC couldn't handle it very well back when it came out, so I put it to one side and kind of forgot about it. Until now that is.
The story, the world building lore, characters and humour are fantastic. I totally recommend it to those that have played The Witcher 2 especially.

Last edited:
I'm replaying now and there are some crucial design choices that set this game apart. Alchemy is better, the economy makes more sense, certain animations are better and signs are way more powerful. I hate how Geralt can collect so many weapons in TW3. He shouldn't be doing that. You have to sell books, herbs and potions in the first game. Making money is much harder. The game doesn't hold your hand at all. You can easily miss out on quests and rewards if you don't pay attention. One example: I was gong to kill the master ghoul in the first chapter for the huntsman.. but I had no torch and no cat poton. It's virtually impossible. The crypt is too dark. I had to reload and brew Cat to finish the quest. The game is so uncompromising in this way and I love it. There are so many great design ideas in TW1 that CDPR never followed up on.

And where else you'll have an opportunity to fight echinopsae while being drunk. Also blizzard is amazing in the first game. I didn't play the third, but there is no analog for it in TW2.

And where else you'll have an opportunity to fight echinopsae while being drunk. Also blizzard is amazing in the first game. I didn't play the third, but there is no analog for it in TW2.

Yep I have that point in the skill tree this time. Never tried it before. Pretty awesome. :cool:

There's a lot of stuff I haven't tried, and I plan to experiment more in this run. I might focus more an Axii.

Finally i get to play this. Just finished the prologue, and played bit of the first chapter. I already like the alchemy system a lot more than other installments. Really like the general feel of the game. Not sure about the combat yet.. Voice acting made me facepalm couple times.. Lookin forvard findin out what this game has to offer!

Top Bottom