Almost forgot what an amazing game The Wicher EE is! (with 2TB disk space for it =)

+
Almost forgot what an amazing game The Wicher EE is! (with 2TB disk space for it =)

Been a while since my last run with TW1. Been playing it since 2008, lots of runs, different builds, paths and latest one was close to TW2 release. I love it so much!
But I must say that without constant manual save file management, it can fill up a whole HD, lol. I save a lot and only in part of act IV alone of my current play through I had over 4GB of space used by them. Weird that it was never addressed by CDPR but the game is still in my all time favorite list.

Edit: from my last post in this thread
Don't watch it if you haven't finish TW1 and experienced that yourselves:
HUGE

Last edited:
Yes, i remember when I bought it without knowing anything about it. I just looked at the back of the cover and thought: "Eh, looks interesting, so why the hell not?" Never have I expected it to become my favorite game series. :D
Witcher 1 >= 3>2, but i love them all, 1 a little more than 3 and 2 little less than 3.
I heard the upcoming expansion is supposed to be similar in (quest)design to the first game, so i'm very looking forward to it!

Yes, i remember when I bought it without knowing anything about it. I just looked at the back of the cover and thought: "Eh, looks interesting, so why the hell not?" Never have I expected it to become my favorite game series. :D
Witcher 1 >= 3>2, but i love them all, 1 a little more than 3 and 2 little less than 3.
I heard the upcoming expansion is supposed to be similar in (quest)design to the first game, so i'm very looking forward to it!

I got it after reading a review on GameSpot, right after the EE was released. Loved it right away but took me a couple of runs to master it and play Expert with OTS cam. Since then I've played it a lot. But I can't really say which of the 3 games I like more.

Just finished TW1 and right now I''m at act 2 (Iorveth) with TW2. This after over 1000 hrs and some 6 runs with TW3. Right now I believe that TW3 makes a whole lot more sense after a fresh run with both previous games. For me they are equally great and each have their own merits and very strong points. TW2 political background is awesome and playing different act 1's choices which can lead to many different endings in a really enjoyable experience. :)

Yeah, I already decided to play through the whole series again next year, some time after the second expansion. :)
I dunno, somehow I can't even play other games right now after finishing Witcher 3...well dark souls 2 is some kind of consolation (at least in the combat area). Still...I wanted to get dragon age 3 or assassins creed or mad max, but I just can't get myself to play them. Oh well.

Yeah, I already decided to play through the whole series again next year, some time after the second expansion. :)
I dunno, somehow I can't even play other games right now after finishing Witcher 3...well dark souls 2 is some kind of consolation (at least in the combat area). Still...I wanted to get dragon age 3 or assassins creed or mad max, but I just can't get myself to play them. Oh well.
How about Fallout 4?

I enjoyed Witcher EE The music and graphics were great for it's time.

I've definitely put the most time into Witcher 3, but Witcher 1 was my first Witcher game. I completely agree, even now there is something about Witcher 1, the atmosphere it creates with its locations and music that the 2nd and 3rd couldn't touch. I love all of the games, but each has it's own uniqueness to it, and Witcher 1 still absolutely holds its own when compared. Chapter IV has to be one of my favourite game and soundtrack areas of any game.

Last edited:
I've definitely put the most time into Witcher 3, but Witcher 1 was my first Witcher game. I completely agree, even now there is something about Witcher 1, the atmosphere it creates with its locations and music that the 2nd and 3rd couldn't touch.

I think alot of this, for me at least is because after darkness falls, if your not trained up for that area or well equiped, you most likely won't live to see the sun come up! Many times I had to stop what I was doing and find shelter when the sun began to set and the sounds of horrid creatures in the distance could be heard as they stirred awake from their slumber. Witcher 2 lost that scariness completely in my opinion, well actually my first encounter with Nekkers in W2 was pretty scary lol and Witcher 3 monsters are basically the same at any time of hour from my experience. Witcher 1 is just spooky to me, in a good way! Could also be the big crypts I was forced to explore teeming with things that wanted to suck on my blood or the stench of the sewers and its benevolent drowned dead or ghouls trying to sneak up on me and drag me into the putrid depths! Witcher 1 definitely ties with Witcher 3 for my favorites, I liked W2 but just never could get into as I did W1/W3. Anyways, just thought I'd throw out my opinion here since it was brought up. Thanks for reading my post. Take care everybody!

-Zero

Doesn't matter how much i like the witcher 1 , its a great game. But i still hate the combat system.

Doesn't matter how much i like the witcher 1 , its a great game. But i still hate the combat system.

I am odd I know, but I really loved the combat in Witcher 1. Switching combat styles on the fly and timing my blows was a lot of fun for me! On top of getting stronger equipment to inflict agony on my foes, I had to be skilled in combat as well. Instead of Geralt naturally being a skilled fighter, it was up to me and I'll admit it wasn't easy and many times I was frustrated. But there was a point where I finally got it down and was able to move and slay like the esteemed Witcher Geralt truly is. I miss that feeling in later installments, the eureka moment, where all my frustration and diligence finally paid off. This is just me I know and like I said, I am far from a normal gamer and tend to use a lot of imagination in my games, seeing and feeling things others don't lol..

-Zero

@ZeroAffex There is no other games with crypts like TW1. They scare the heck out of me. Goosebumps all the way, specially when I try clearing them without Cat, but even with Cat they're scary. In a good way!

@Krull32 Pity. I wasn't a fan either but I kind got used to it and then switching styles fast and getting a full combo sequence is very satisfying to me. (with enough talents spent on Heavy/Fast/Group styles for both Steel/Silver swords. It's like a dance and when I get all the steps right, the audience goes crazy! (the audience being me of course=)

Just finished my fourth playthrough today, and dammit, despite the iffy voice acting, sometimes fumbled story and occasionally hilarious animation, I just love this game so much - so much atmosphere and ambition that mostly succeeds.

And yes, I have to say I like the old-school combat, I'm not ashamed :sad:

* edit - and I tend to overuse the F5 button when playing Witcher games, so I ended up deleting 5 or 6 GB worth of save files :what2:

Last edited:
Finally I got to play Witcher 1 EE too! My first PC game in 16 years :D I have completed W2 two times and W3 four times and now finally this!

My first huge battle was to start that game. My laptop isn't meant for gaming and I had several super annoying problems before I could start, but finally I did it! I'm also NOT compatible with mouse control, but I think I'm getting a hang of it, at last. Thanks to every person who made playing this game possible to me :)

I'm really enjoying this game and it's nice to see familiar things like Kaer Morhen, which looks quite the same as modern Kaer Morhen in W3. Even with old graphics this game still looks great! Fighting feels a bit strange, but I blame my mouse for that (I'm console player).
I'm just doing that shrine quest and I have just met Zoltan and found the dices in that crypt.

It's a bit boring that I can play only short periods at a time, because my laptop is screaming like crazy when that game is running. Still I'm enjoying every moment of it :) What a good way to spend time while waiting BAW release.

You can get probably a better computer than your laptop relatively cheaply which can run TW1 at max settings smoothly. Either way, enjoy the game :)

It's a bit boring that I can play only short periods at a time, because my laptop is screaming like crazy when that game is running.

It may not be of much help if your laptop does not run the game at much higher than 60 fps, but since VSync is not available in the settings, forcing it on in the GPU control panel to limit the frame rate can help with the fan noise issue.

The atmosphere is great but apart from that its just so dated now. The Voice acting is awful, the story is lacking and characters don't feel right (Alvin and his story especially but Triss is weird too here) etc.

Not to mention the gameplay...hard to go back TW1 for me at least while I can play TW2 and 3 again whenever I want. Still a solid game for its time and its the one that began this outstanding series

Last edited:
I played it in English, so I can't vouch for all voice acting in other languages. English one is very good. Personally I like it for its immersion, and gameplay doesn't bother me at all. Rhythmic combat is actually fun, but if you don't get it, it can seem difficult or confusing. It's not that hard once you understand how it works.

Top Bottom