Alternate Look for Ciri was on Xbox Live ( Now gone?l)

+
There are maybe one of the best armor designers in the CD Projekt RED team but when it comes to TW3, I'm really disappointed.. even Saskia's armor in TW3 looked good and was practical, but with mainly these Alt. costumes and armor it seems we are in the "fan service" or "fan art" teritory - and don't let me start and "belly" armor for Geralt in the main game.. really shame, because what I have seem from all the concept arts for armor, they looked way better, but what we did get is mostly bad style, impractical, doesn't have purpose or aren't "witcher" enough

This is supposed to be some sort of Skellige armor, let's compare it to something used by a local:

Why couldn't we get something similar to that? Perhaps slightly lighter.

Alternative DLC looks are absolutly fan service. Sad, CDPR. Has anybody from the Team Art design left the door open and so mature game idea has gone throught by?

I love the new look for Ciri. I'm not interested in it be practical as long as it looks cool. Which I think it does.

That'd be perfect! Guess we'll just have to wait to mod a new look for her.
I'm hoping that we'll be able to integrate Nvidia cloth as well as hair physics into custom armors with the REDkit, we could basically make any of those concept designs with cloaks and scraps of fur on them.

I couldn't care less how practical an outfit is. Style over practicability for me anyday. Though this looks just boring. But I'm happy with her original outfit, so it's not a big deal.

Last edited:
You can keep your personal life philosophy to yourself.

Nobody here cares nor asked about how you perceive people who are complaining.

We are criticising it, just because it's free we're not allowed to do so? Many here have made suggestions on how to improve or change it, not just complaints.

Hardly a life philosophy being happy with free stuff. Just take it for what it is instead of asking " aww why couldn't we have something else" My nephew doesn't whinge as much if I buy him an ice cream he doesn't like.

At least it doesn't suck so much as the triss alt look. That was God awful. Was immersion breaking if ever there was an immersion breaking look. Running through sewers with a silk night gown and sandals. Eh, no.

I appreciate having the option of another outfit for Ciri, I just hoped for something a little bit more practical. I was really excited for this DLC. Ah well, still looks pretty cool :)

Last edited:
CDPR has gone the way of stupid female armor. Y u do dis?

(Even Ciri's original outfit is already affected. High-heeled boots, come on.)

If this is real alternative look it is a piece of steaming poo.

My ideal alt look for Ciry would be:
1. Making her resemble Emhyr, even if it make her less pretty
2. Put some muscles on her, she swings a fucking sword all the time, she's not an anorectic schoolgirl. Look at Cerys, I can believe Cerys can kill someone with a sword. Ciri is just a fan service in the first place.
3. A real armor on her, not chainmail bikini or a cloth shirt.

CDPR has gone the way of stupid female armor. Y u do dis?

(Even Ciri's original outfit is already affected. High-heeled boots, come on.)
But that does look genuinely stylish.

This is like some weird Skellige/Cat hybrid with questionable design choices.

Well, well. It seems the REDs are making some enemies just by offering them alternative (that is, entirely optional) content. Hmm.

Well, well. It seems the REDs are making some enemies just by offering them alternative (that is, entirely optional) content. Hmm.
Enemies? Nothing like that. It's just evaluation of that particular feature. If you make a mod and it's crap, people will tell you that your mod is crap, make better next time. Those people won't become your enemies, right?

Enemies? Nothing like that. It's just evaluation of that particular feature. If you make a mod and it's crap, people will tell you that your mod is crap, make better next time. Those people won't become your enemies, right?

Very well. 'Disappointed enthusiasts', perhaps?

I don't think there's any disrespect intended towards CDPR, it's free (and optional) after all, and it's awesome that we're getting this kind of stuff at all. I just think most of us were hoping for something a bit more practical and witcher-like, especially as there's a lot of good art out there which shows the kind of thing we were hoping for. For example:

Credit: http://justanor.deviantart.com/art/TWH-Cirilla-532869916

Credit: http://hollow-moon-art.deviantart.com/art/Witcher-Ciri-finished-541289331

Attachments

• TWH - Cirilla.jpg
    TWH - Cirilla.jpg
    146.3 KB · Views: 116
  • Art 03.jpg
    Art 03.jpg
    292.2 KB · Views: 345
And so it begins again... At this point it's fairly obvious that alt looks are meant to be fun, not practical or anything. Yet people still complain? Really? It's fine if you don't like it, personally i do, but is calling it "stupid", "shit", "a piece of steaming poo" and so on really necessary?

Top Bottom