Am I a traitor my ST brothers?

+

rrc

Forum veteran
Of course, I chose Eldain even though I knew I was going to have a hard time. But now, I realise that I have done more harm than good to ST by choosing Eldain. Every time I play against Gerni, I lose, kind of 99% of the times. And I rarely can win against Meve too. So, I am kind of aiding the other factions reach their goals quickly. So, tell me my brothers and sisters, am I a traitor (for being a noob and choosing Eldain and stick to playing with him)?

From the moment this challenge was announced, everyone, including the CDPR team would have knows that it is actually a challenge for Arnjolf and Eldain to compete with their full might to reach for the 4th spot and Meve and Ardal for the second part. Gerni being #1 is 100% expected and Meve being #2 is almost 90% expected with a good fight from Ardal and Eldain and Arnjolf would fight fiercely for the 4th and 5th spot. Did anyone else think otherwise?

CDPR, can you please change win 5 games with Eldain reward as 10 faction kegs? Winning with him is at least double the hard work as winning with Gerni or Meve.

Traps lack tempo and Gerni is usually going to bleed you indefinably. So, you'll have to tech against value decks, like Gerni. I suggest Scorch with a few Elvish snipers and/or Geralt Yrden/Rivia. Furthermore, also include Roach and Aelirenn for some extra tempo.

So, tell me my brothers and sisters, am I a traitor (for being a noob and choosing Eldain and stick to playing with him)?

Well, an incompetent ally isn't the same thing as a traitor even though the end result of their actions might be the same.:think:

Wait weren't you saying not too long ago that Arnjolf was OP? :smart:
You were manipulating then, you are lying now. Please stop spreading lies in discussion or you will be considered as liar, because you tend to do it repeatedly. Is it so hard to discuss fair?

Please stop using manipulative techniques. If I should demonstrate "mud throwing" manipulative technique which you use, I could at exmaple write sentence: "Wait, C7Racehead, were not you catched cheating in Gwent through swatting one month ago? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Swatting
I know, it is untrue, you know it is untrue, but manipulative techniques, which you tend to you use, do not care about truth.

• RED Point
Reactions: rrc

rrc

Forum veteran
Wait weren't you saying not too long ago that Arnjolf was OP? :smart:
When Arnjolf was released, I said he is OP and Meve was underwhelming and bad. I think almost everyone thought like that. But I think almost everyone thought like that. In fact, a while ago I created a post saying how I won Arnjolf using Shields.

Recently though, I created a post mentioning Blood Thirst. I told BT 3 gives cards God mode which in fact seems easier. I still think the same. But I haven't mentioned Arnjolf is OP after his initial reveal. I hate some mechanism in the game and I create posts/threads about it. No need to get personal about it. :shrug:

Well, an incompetent ally isn't the same thing as a traitor even though the end result of their actions might be the same.:think:
Well said :beer:

I chose SK because I lack that faction border. However, I do not progress in the challenge as I prefer my Eithné deck.

Guess I'm a traitor too. :ohstopit:

I suggest Scorch with a few Elvish snipers and/or Geralt Yrden/Rivia.

Yeah, not many people playing around Scorch these days. And Thrive units tend to auto align, which spoils the fun of doing it yourself...

As for the Geralts I prefer the Professional!

You were manipulating then, you are lying now. Please stop spreading lies in discussion or you will be considered as liar, because you tend to do it repeatedly. Is it so hard to discuss fair?

Please stop using manipulative techniques. If I should demonstrate "mud throwing" manipulative technique which you use, I could at exmaple write sentence: "Wait, C7Racehead, were not you catched cheating in Gwent through swatting one month ago? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Swatting
I know, it is untrue, you know it is untrue, but manipulative techniques, which you tend to you use, do not care about truth.

What am I lying about exactly?

As for "manipulative technique", you're free to interpret whatever I say in which ever way you deem fit. I'm calling out RRC here because he tends to throw out requests for cards/leaders to be changed/nerfed gratuitously. Sometimes he's right but many times he's wrong and I believe it stems mostly from the fact that ST is underpowered right now.

@rrc you should be requesting ST to be buffed rather than picking a bone with other factions in an effort to bring them down to ST's level. The latter method wouldn't be good for the game.

I'll say it here: I do want ST to be more viable than their current state. I enjoy playing the faction and I hope to play some Eldain traps once I feel like I could do so competitively.

I still play alone with Franchesca, but select Gernichora.

It does not make sense how ridiculous is the imbalance between factions so these events are boring.

you should be requesting ST to be buffed rather than picking a bone with other factions in an effort to bring them down to ST's level. The latter method wouldn't be good for the game.
Yeah, buffs are better.

[...] and Meve was underwhelming and bad. I think almost everyone thought like that. But I think almost everyone thought like that.
[...] I hate some mechanism in the game and I create posts/threads about it. No need to get personal about it. :shrug:
[...]
Well, I pointed out Tridam Infantryman and Anna Strenger existed, when she was revealed and that boosts to trigger synergies are inherently more controlable than damaging synergies.

Fair enough about the second part, unless you discuss there is no reason for you to suddenly change your opinion, in fact the possibility you do is significantly smaller, which of course only applies when you are wrong.
To be fair criticizing that is like criticizing debate itself.

[...]
It does not make sense how ridiculous is the imbalance between factions so these events are boring.
[...]
Though apart from the continuous point generation after completing the unpleasant 5th quest (given its lenght, even if working as intended) the event rewards a faction for being popular.
Monsters is a popular faction and has been like that ever since Closed Beta (unless my memories betray me), though even if your faction loses you still get 9 reward points and 3 faction kegs (for the 5 quests), which is certainly not bad, given how little additional investment these quests are.
If your critique is aimed at the continuous part rewarding winning games I am agreeing, it feels silly after the initial quests (outside of 1 that wants 3 gamewins, a single instance of that is fine) to just reward winning many games with these leaders.
The initial quests are (at least in my opinion) very funny and merely test popularity of leaders/factions.

Though apart from the continuous point generation after completing the unpleasant 5th quest (given its lenght, even if working as intended) the event rewards a faction for being popular.
Monsters is a popular faction and has been like that ever since Closed Beta (unless my memories betray me), though even if your faction loses you still get 9 reward points and 3 faction kegs (for the 5 quests), which is certainly not bad, given how little additional investment these quests are.
If your critique is aimed at the continuous part rewarding winning games I am agreeing, it feels silly after the initial quests (outside of 1 that wants 3 gamewins, a single instance of that is fine) to just reward winning many games with these leaders.
The initial quests are (at least in my opinion) very funny and merely test popularity of leaders/factions.

Monsters is not popular for funny or cute, just for strong. Like the old Jade Druid in HS.

The event is boring because to begin with, it's not a competition, it's just seeing how monsters wins again.
My favorite leader is Franchesca, at least when I lose I am playing something I like. If I have to use Eldain, I am at a disadvantage because of the faction strength and also using something that I do not want to play. What do I win?
If the balance between factions was good I could play it and say, well, I'm supporting my favorite faction and fighting.
Currently it is just feed the bugs.

I wouldn't say MO is clearly winning the challenge; they're obviously still strong but very beatable with Morvran Midrange, Bran Lippy & Crach Horn. I can't attest to how well Meve & NR in general are doing against MO but in theory it should be a favourable match up if you're playing engines.

I wouldn't say MO is clearly winning the challenge; they're obviously still strong but very beatable with Morvran Midrange, Bran Lippy & Crach Horn. I can't attest to how well Meve & NR in general are doing against MO but in theory it should be a favourable match up if you're playing engines.
That is not a solution to them, given that games without Thronebreaker leaders do not count towards the challenge.
And in case of Meve Monsters do tech cards like Wild Hunt Hounds to deny 3- engines.

Guearnica is just strong (monsters generally are) and her passive can add a great deal of tempto to various monster decks in the right claws. Her passive also doesn't really depend on any one specific deck, although of course it helps some decks more than others. Plus you know - monsters - stronger and require less thinking.
Queen Meave is fun to play as well, although really only suited to a deck that's directly based on boosting. Those decks can be effective, if you can counter their key elements getting countered.
Duke Goateee Von Moody (I can't seem to care about his name, sorry) is good because nilfguard decks can be good. The passive is a one trick pony, but sometimes that one trick is all you need. Plus the Vipers and locks can really mess up an enemy deck.
Papa Cider is the same, but worse. Von Moody is a boost to his deck but still leaves you a lot of move to manouver. Papa Cider gives you free casts of Bloodthirst but is worse for the deck than other leaders (especially if playing the bear mode, and why wouldn't you, it's lovely)
And finally Eledain - pretty but dumb - no wait: pretty dumb. Hard to play, inherently weak against many decks and weak against bad luck as well. Easily the worst choice.

That scenario could be good, although it lacked a bit of green. I prefer to wait until the new expansion which I hope will help ST a lot.

That is not a solution to them, given that games without Thronebreaker leaders do not count towards the challenge.
And in case of Meve Monsters do tech cards like Wild Hunt Hounds to deny 3- engines.

In terms of the leader challenge (which is what matters in this case), you're right. Gerni is on its own level compared to the other TB leaders. I've surprisingly been doing pretty well with Arnjolf but I wouldn't say that I'd be able to beat MO the majority of the time with him.

In terms of the leader challenge (which is what matters in this case), you're right. Gerni is on its own level compared to the other TB leaders. I've surprisingly been doing pretty well with Arnjolf but I wouldn't say that I'd be able to beat MO the majority of the time with him.
Given the large amount of Monsters, did you tech against them ?
(Something like regular Geralt, Professional, Igni, I am quite curious, given the dominance of Gerni decks I teched myself)
Beyond that DD tends to crush Gerni round 3, unless they tech Iris (which I do).

Honestly I would prefer the leader challenge would not take the amounts of wins into consideration altogether, it simply does not fit the basic concept of (supposed) clash of people doing quests for their faction to overly rely on (potential) (small) differences in power, which is something the challenge should dilude temporarily.

Given the large amount of Monsters, did you tech against them ?
(Something like regular Geralt, Professional, Igni, I am quite curious, given the dominance of Gerni decks I teched myself)
Beyond that DD tends to crush Gerni round 3, unless they tech Iris (which I do).

Honestly I would prefer the leader challenge would not take the amounts of wins into consideration altogether, it simply does not fit the basic concept of (supposed) clash of people doing quests for their faction to overly rely on (potential) (small) differences in power, which is something the challenge should dilude temporarily.

Here's my list:
https://gwentup.com/decks/6594

You'll probably raise your eyebrows at the inclusion of Geralt: Aard but it's been working fairly well thus far. It's more of a combo oriented deck so I wasn't expecting it to do well; yet I'm over a 50% win-rate at rank 4 for now. This winning percentage is probably going to dip down eventually though.

You'll also notice that I haven't really teched anything to go up against MO therefore it's not one of my favourable match ups. I've been fairing well against Meve, NG in general, ST (quite obviously) and I always have a fighting chance against the more popular SK lists.

Here's my list:

You'll probably raise your eyebrows at the inclusion of Geralt: Aard but it's been working fairly well thus far. It's more of a combo oriented deck so I wasn't expecting it to do well; yet I'm over a 50% win-rate at rank 4 for now. This winning percentage is probably going to dip down eventually though.

You'll also notice that I haven't really teched anything to go up against MO therefore it's not one of my favourable match ups. I've been fairing well against Meve, NG in general, ST (quite obviously) and I always have a fighting chance against the more popular SK lists.
Aard Dagur actually sounds neat.
The only decision I am unsure about would be Regis, has he worked out for you ?
I am still somewhat under the impression that (unless you run Eithne) Regis would be somewhat unreliable and uncontrolable.
Your list looks somewhat more like a Bran deck, than an Arnjolf deck though.

Your list actually appears to be a lot of fun to pilot, though I wonder why you do not run Champion's Charge.

Top Bottom