Am I screwed as far as my current level is concerned?

+
Am I screwed as far as my current level is concerned?

I have just made it to the Skellige Islands and my current level is 21, I'm half way to 22. I do remember reading about the exp glitch but it was a week or so later, after it initially became widespread. I've pretty much completed 95% of the quest from Novigrad so I can't help but feel worried I might have to start the game over so that I have the correct amount of exp.

I have just made it to the Skellige Islands and my current level is 21, I'm half way to 22. I do remember reading about the exp glitch but it was a week or so later, after it initially became widespread. I've pretty much completed 95% of the quest from Novigrad so I can't help but feel worried I might have to start the game over so that I have the correct amount of exp.
Level 21 is way over the expected level for Skellige. A1 quests in skellige are mostly in the range of level 13-22 as far as I remember. So no, you're not screwed. Actually with the bug you would be at around level 21 by the time you get to the A2 and if you just arrived on Skellige you still got a lot to do before that (A2 starts when you arrive at kaer morhen I think).
What I wouldn't recomend to do is doing red quests. Because you get the same XP for red quests as for green, but you get 0 xp for white ones.

Last edited:
Thank you so much for the reply. I couldn't help notice one of my friends on steam is currently level 33 while I'm at my level of 21, guess a full time job doesn't permit me to level as fast as I'd like lol

Thank you so much for the reply. I couldn't help notice one of my friends on steam is currently level 33 while I'm at my level of 21, guess a full time job doesn't permit me to level as fast as I'd like lol
Most of the XP comes from main quest line. You get some XP from side quests, but it's not much. Also you do not get any XP from quests that are 6 level lower than your character (they are shown in a white color), so it's better to do green quests only, before they turn white.

The bottom line is: You're not underleveled and even if you were, don't worry too much about your level. The game is piss easy as it stands. :p

Leveling in this game simply is nowhere linear. If you decided to stick to the main quests from now on, you could reach level 30 in one evening, maybe two. But that's also almost the end of the game.

What is annoying about main quest Skellige is the first quest is rec level 16, then second quest is rec level 13....... What the hell?? I suspect that quest went grey for most people.

What is annoying about main quest Skellige is the first quest is rec level 16, then second quest is rec level 13....... What the hell?? I suspect that quest went grey for most people.
Yeah lmao. I'm level 22 1/2 and I see this level 13 main quest like dafuq

No problem. Main Quests give you so much XP I don't think you even need to side-quest to stay caught up. At your current level, you're more than high enough to finish the game.

Top Bottom