Am i the only one who's excitement for W3 is starting to fizzle out?

+
Are we absolutely sure about 25 million $ for marketing ?

What I got from the interview is that they reserved the money for marketing but don't have to use it per se.
Yes, I read it somewhere. $15mn for development, $25mn for marketing and extra credit line if required I think.

You guys just don't get it!

It takes some time(and moniez, hence 25 million $ marketing budget), you know, to render 10 parts of "The Witcher" series, made by Platige Image and directed by Tomasz Baginski. It's gonna be an introduction to the series for newcomers and build hype until 10-th episode, which will be aired a day before game's release. Quality-wise it's gonna put GoT to shame.

:eek:n2long:

What? You are Moderator so I think you know more then ordinary fans and if this is true (and I guess it is) it is going to be epic and I am realy look forward to it.
I thought it won't end with Killing Monsters trailer.
I hope it is not just a kidding.

What? You are Moderator so I think you know more then ordinary fans and if this is true (and I guess it is) it is going to be epic and I am realy look forward to it.
I thought it won't end with Killing Monsters trailer.
I hope it is not just a kidding.

Ehhh, sorry to disappoint. But first of all - as a moderator I know as much as you guys know.

Second - it was just my wishful thinking :)

Another, I want it new trailer now thread

There will be some news soon ... thats what they said ... i guess probably next month or the following

Wait, what great gameplay videos? You mean the 40 min long one they released months ago? Or did I miss something? If I make a statistic of the gaming sites I browse every day for new info, TW3 is much much more present there than DA:I so I'm not sure how your excitement is lower for TW3 if you base it on new info and details.

I totally disagree with the OP, but he is free of giving his opinion and think that he think. For me The Witcher 3 will be a before/after history in gaming, i think it will be GOTY.

But, i'm worried about random users on the forums making better and more proper responses than some moderators.

Hell, no! I've avoided the hype and details for months, except when Gregski did something evil and dumped details onto my home forum at 2077.

THIS year I shall embrace the hype! Begin savouring NOW.

Could it be that your excitement for DA:I is due to DA2 sucking donkey dangles leaving you praying for something better from EA?

Meh... Maybe a little. its true DA2 sucked ass.
But like i said before, mostly its because the gameplay elements of being a commander (along with the semi-openworld) remind me of an RP?G that i loved.

Well,

after crawling to the post here i think before we can start to HYPE OUT or worry about TW3, we have to see a longer gameplay footage.
Where we can see the inventore, the UI, Geralts fighting moves... and so on.

After this we can start to worrys because we dislike this or that.... or we start to HYPERHYPE :D. Before we not see somehting essential we rly can t
say how it will work out. I think ;)

So long

I don't think We are going to see any gameplay videos until the next big gaming event. My bet is the next E3; as much as I personally am impatient to see some gameplay footage, I don't think CDPR is going to release a gameplay vid just for the fun of it. They want to show off their masterpiece when the whole gaming world is watching and shit all over Dragon Age Inquisition and the rest of them in front of the largest audience possible.
What I want is some more info before that, for example the main characters of the game, list of all the Places we will be able to visit, and so on.

Well,

after crawling to the post here i think before we can start to HYPE OUT or worry about TW3, we have to see a longer gameplay footage.
Where we can see the inventore, the UI, Geralts fighting moves... and so on.

After this we can start to worrys because we dislike this or that.... or we start to HYPERHYPE :D. Before we not see somehting essential we rly can t
say how it will work out. I think ;)

So long

Agreed, until they pull a Watchdogs and keep repackaging the same demo for 18 months I think my interest will remain piqued. I think it's because we here are more invested in this game than the average person that we end up spoiling our own anticipation for it by scouring the Internet for any kinda news on it. It's our fault that the game seems like old news.

I'm sorry, but i have to be honest. Because of the lack of news and details i'm more worried about W3 than excited for it.
Personally, I'm starting to have a suspicion that the reason that we haven't seen any gameplay videos is because the game is extremely buggy, which wouldn't be a surprised considering its an open world.

But really i just hope someone at CDPR sees this thread. Now i could be the only one but as a fan and potential buyer, i am right now more excited for DA:I than W3. and while i dont want this to be some silly fanboy fight since i plan to get both games anyway. I just want the developers to know that as things stand right now, if both DA:I and W3 came out on November. I would choose DA:I. Mostly thanks to those great gameplay videos that they have shown.

View attachment 1718

Attachments

• dragon_age_inquisition_01[1].jpg
    dragon_age_inquisition_01[1].jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 32
Wait Blady is that Saskia?!....
I must say she have changed a lot since TW2 ^-^

Last edited:
I think, it is f*cked up, when you spend more money on marketing than on the production itself. I guess it is necessary, but it is always sad to imagine, what kind of things the money could have gone to in production...

I think, it is f*cked up, when you spend more money on marketing than on the production itself. I guess it is necessary, but it is always sad to imagine, what kind of things the money could have gone to in production...

That is how the gaming industry works these days, the budgets keep on growing and growing.

Top Bottom