Am i the only one who's excitement for W3 is starting to fizzle out?

+
witcher 1 was a great game, i did several run through's on it, but witcher 2, i only did 1 run through it and tried a second but got bored and havent played it since and eventually deleted it from my computer. so i hope for witcher 3 it is more on par with witcher 1, a good game with plenty of replayability.

Although I found TW2 to be good too, I will agree with the sentiment that the first Witcher is by far the best Witcher.
Anyway, what annoys me is knowing that the press has seen so much more of the game in exclusive demo sessions and we are left waiting for CD Projekt to finally show some actual footage, which they seems to hate doing based on their speed so far.

I'm sorry, but i have to be honest. Because of the lack of news and details i'm more worried about W3 than excited for it.
Personally, I'm starting to have a suspicion that the reason that we haven't seen any gameplay videos is because the game is extremely buggy, which wouldn't be a surprised considering its an open world.

But really i just hope someone at CDPR sees this thread. Now i could be the only one but as a fan and potential buyer, i am right now more excited for DA:I than W3. and while i dont want this to be some silly fanboy fight since i plan to get both games anyway. I just want the developers to know that as things stand right now, if both DA:I and W3 came out on November. I would choose DA:I. Mostly thanks to those great gameplay videos that they have shown.

I have to disagree with you TC the other games that I am currently interested in (Metal Gear Solid V, Dragon Age Inquisition...) have given out revelations that have made me want to rent them instead of buying them CDPR has done the right thing by focusing on getting the game done instead of a bunch of played out marketing tactics.

With Charles Dance voicing the emperor and the other announcements that have been made this concerning The Witcher 3 this will be the first game that I pre order in five years.

witcher 1 was a great game, i did several run through's on it, but witcher 2, i only did 1 run through it and tried a second but got bored and havent played it since and eventually deleted it from my computer. so i hope for witcher 3 it is more on par with witcher 1, a good game with plenty of replayability.

That I don't know. TW1 is a great game, and I finished it 4 times, I guess. But TW2 is something I still drool over on a regular basis, and after so many playthroughts I would never dare to say out-loud, I am still not done with it. I want TW3 a be a combination of the best both games have to offer, for us to play and replay it for decades to come. May be I'll write it into my will to be buried with the trilogy, to have these games right by my side in my coffin, who knows?

Although I found TW2 to be good too, I will agree with the sentiment that the first Witcher is by far the best Witcher.
Anyway, what annoys me is knowing that the press has seen so much more of the game in exclusive demo sessions and we are left waiting for CD Projekt to finally show some actual footage, which they seems to hate doing based on their speed so far.
I think showing to the press had reasons we gamers might not immediately appreciate, for instance: they were involved in a recruiting drive at the time, to get the people they need to make the game, also to get the media on side early which was a new approach for CDPR who don't have the media pull of their competitors.

I've said it before, I am more than happy with what we have got so far by way of info - I don't want spoiled - the forthcoming comic, a few vids about the War / Witchers, and a gameplay vid to appease us all closer to release is all we need.

As regards TW1 & TW2, Vivaxardas speaks for me too... #1 was a great game - an amazing entry for a new company, but #2 is simply something else entirely. The tightness of its narrative, its courageous attempt at unique gameplay, and its incredible replay value set it apart from every other game for me.

I've started & finished that game more than any other, and i've been playing games for nigh on 30 years.

I'm sorry, but i have to be honest. Because of the lack of news and details i'm more worried about W3 than excited for it.
Personally, I'm starting to have a suspicion that the reason that we haven't seen any gameplay videos is because the game is extremely buggy, which wouldn't be a surprised considering its an open world.

But really i just hope someone at CDPR sees this thread. Now i could be the only one but as a fan and potential buyer, i am right now more excited for DA:I than W3. and while i dont want this to be some silly fanboy fight since i plan to get both games anyway. I just want the developers to know that as things stand right now, if both DA:I and W3 came out on November. I would choose DA:I. Mostly thanks to those great gameplay videos that they have shown.

Lol, say that with a straight face when the game is released :]

Personally, I am perma-excited for this shiz because all the news I've previously read indicates it's going to be possibly the best RPG EVAR. So yeah, pretty exciting, if you ask me :]

Personally, I am perma-excited for this shiz because all the news I've previously read indicates it's going to be possibly the best RPG EVAR. So yeah, pretty exciting, if you ask me :]
That's precisely why I'm beginning the "lie-to-myself" stage. Everything seems a bit too good; a nigh perfect RPG. There can be only disappointment with such unbelievable expectations, so I'm telling myself from now on that's it's just gonna be a "pretty good game", so I won't be hurt again.

I've been hurt too many times before, Jim.:sad:

I think that perhaps this thread - and many of the posts in it - should be re-titled, "My Passive-Aggressive Attempt to Get CDPR To Show Me New Witcher 3 Stuff. Now."

Which, you know, I think is worth full credit! At least it's a different kind of way to ask! don't think I'd go so far as to say a "good" way, but certainly amusing! The mental gymnastics being expressed because people aren't getting what they want when they want it...hilarity.

It'll come out when it comes out. It'll be great and you'll like it a lot. Some of you will love it. You will play it for many hours and remember very little of this time BRD (Before Release Date).

remember very little of this time BRD (Before Release Date).

Dark times they are, that much will remain burned into our minds - soon to be a myth of the past, whispers of which are passed down to our heirs throughout the generations. ARD will be a golden age though, a new era, splendid and full of joy (despite all the slaughter, war and monsters roaming the lands - or probably even just because of that). To better times! :cheers:

Phrasing.

Giggle.

Dark times they are, that much will remain burned into our minds - soon to be a myth of the past, whispers of which are passed down to our heirs throughout the generations. ARD will be a golden age though, a new era, splendid and full of joy (despite all the slaughter, war and monsters roaming the lands - or probably even just because of that). To better times! :cheers:

Of course, we'll still be in Cyberpunk 2077 BRD..so we'll..simultaneously..be in a dark age and a golden age...?! Always suspended between Joyous rapture and Grinding Hopelessness. Forever.

My mind might break.

Last edited:
I for one embrace the BRD times. It's the most exciting of ages. ARD is too short and once it's done, there's no going back.

That's precisely why I'm beginning the "lie-to-myself" stage. Everything seems a bit too good; a nigh perfect RPG. There can be only disappointment with such unbelievable expectations, so I'm telling myself from now on that's it's just gonna be a "pretty good game", so I won't be hurt again.

I've been hurt too many times before, Jim.:sad:

Fear not, pal- if the game doesn't live up to your expectation, at least you'll have the comfort of unloading all that hate on these forums; after all, that's why they were recently renovated- to prepare them for any inevitable butthurt ahead. Yes, the butthurt is always inevitable, for it's the destiny of any game developer; it is the sacred ire, a rite of passage, if you will.

And who the fuck is Jim.

Fear not, pal- if the game doesn't live up to your expectation, at least you'll have the comfort of unloading all that hate on these forums; after all, that's why they were recently renovated- to prepare them for any inevitable butthurt ahead. Yes, the butthurt is always inevitable, for it's the destiny of any game developer; it is the sacred ire, a rite of passage, if you will.

Lol, I don't envy the mods. Poor sods. Dark times ahead...

I think that perhaps this thread - and many of the posts in it - should be re-titled, "My Passive-Aggressive Attempt to Get CDPR To Show Me New Witcher 3 Stuff. Now."

Which, you know, I think is worth full credit! At least it's a different kind of way to ask! don't think I'd go so far as to say a "good" way, but certainly amusing! The mental gymnastics being expressed because people aren't getting what they want when they want it...hilarity.

It'll come out when it comes out. It'll be great and you'll like it a lot. Some of you will love it. You will play it for many hours and remember very little of this time BRD (Before Release Date).

Meh...its possible that in part i was being a passive aggressive d-bag.

Although in part it was also, like i've said before, the gameplay video of DA:I had gotten me so hyped that it had superseded my hype for W3. or atleast it did.
Its been a while now so my excitement for both games have even out.

There are still people who don't know what "The Witcher" is...

Those aren't people. They are the unconverted, blaspheming masses. It is your job to save them! Go froth! Err..Forth!

It is better to die for the Emperor than to live for yourself.

An open mind is an unguarded gate! Blessed is the mind too small for doubt.

Mods are all crazy. Job description. They oughta hand you suckers 10 kg of Prozac when you sign up for the job.

Top Bottom