AMA with Paweł Burza - ask your questions here! [ended]

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
When create was added to the game, It was said multiple times it was a test of RNG and Variance, and that if it became too prevalent and useful in a ranked and tournament setting it would be changed.
Currently Create is in someway or another in every deck, at every level of the ladder, and is in high ranking tournament settings, and still has yet to be changed.
why?

Hello :)
- Is there any plan for rows to regain their old significance? (Like swims propositions f.e.)
- Can you do a open PTR for the coin flip solution, once you guys think it's properly balanced

and completely unrelated to the usual questions:
Is there any way to get something like an (potentially unpaid) internship at CDPR/Gwent?

1. Will we get a updated soundtrack any time soon™? (I expect that the Thronebreaker soundtrack will release alongside the expansion it self.)

2th sneaky question: any plans for 21:9 or generally "odd" sized monitor support?

Hello Burza :3

First of all thank you very much for your work and this opportunity;
last two months were not easy but i think Gwent is still a great game and i love
how you are close to the community. So here are the questions
(i'll understand if you can't answer to all of them).

How long until the Roach avatar? Because it's already done right? xD

Any words about the "create" mechanic?

Any sort of hint on the new faction? :3

Do you know if there are plans to see a "delegation" of Gwent during the next Lucca Comics&Games (november 2018 - italy)?

Do you have an autograph from Valentino Rossi? Or do you ever saw him live? :)

Again thank you for everything and keep up the good work :)

Hi Burza :hatsoff: when new levels and rebalancing are awarded? many players are stuck at level 100 and 1 barrel on high level is not serious.

Hi,

1) Why you decided to change season rewards (less avatars) and why you made the decision to put there Roche avatar this month (it was already given in January)?

Hello man! There has been a significant amount of feedback regarding many aspects of Gwent. You have listened to a lot of it and made changes accordingly. There has however been so much feedback regarding the board, yet you haven't done anything. You've said in the past that its not a high priority but I, along with may others think it should be! People care very much about aesthetics and if the game looks bad, and is sometimes as a result hard to understand (small cards, bad play log) people won't try Gwent. Just look at the recent sponsored stream, many of the HS player made comments on how bad the board design is, surely that tells you how important it is? Anyway my question is are you, or will you, make any significant changes to the board design and layout? Not just variations of the same board like in arena but a completely overhauled board making better use of space etc...

Thank you for taking the time to answer the communities questions! <3

Last edited:
- Are you guys planning to launch tournament mode in the future ?
- How to solve the coin flip issue ?
- Is there a Gwent mobile ?

Hi, Burza, thanks of the AMA

Will there be addition of Common Bronzes (before expansion kegs which kinda must have them) or redistribution of Bronze pool so Commons are actually common and Rares, rare?

2) Can you specify the CDPR strategy of balancing the Gwent cards? I mean the regularity of them. Why aren't you balancing cards for 1,5 month (biggest example for now is Brouver coin abuse play - Brouver into spy and then Barclays into Tasak)?

lehunch;n10664821 said:
Thanks for the AMA Burza, I only have a couple of burning questions (they burn in me at least)
  1. Will you fix the mulligan bug? for reference: https://www.reddit.com/r/gwent/comme...lligan_bug_is/
  2. ETA on new expansion?
  3. ETA on Thronebreaker?
  4. Can we expect improvements on the UI?
  5. Where is Rethaz?
  6. Will we have new events (other than faction challenges and single player mini adventures) in the future?
  7. Will we see more board skins, like for example class specific ones?
  8. Is there a legendary pity timer in the kegs or is it a free-for-all?
  9. Speaking of pity timers, have you guys ever thought of implementing pity timers for the coin system. Every now and then I get a 12+ game blue streak and it really demoralises me.
  10. Can you give us an idea of what the new faction will look like
  11. When is the next batch of cards coming? (even if it’s just 10 like the ones of arena)
  • Mulligan: Yes, we are looking into this atm
  • New expansion is currently in the works, I can't share more info atm
  • Thronebreaker is coming this year, the project has really grown from what we showcased last year, so I'm excited for that. We'll share more info once we are ready.
  • Yes, we are developing the AI and working on new board designs atm, so expect more cool stuff!
  • Kasia Redesiuk has taken over as Project Director, since the beginning of this year.
  • Right now the focus is on delivering Thronebreaker
  • Like mentioned above new board design is currently in the works
  • There is no pity timer in GWENT
  • New faction? Nice try ;)
  • Next batch will be bigger and it will be an expansion

Hey, this AMA is a great idea!

-

1. Since the Mid-Winter update a lot of players don't understand the design direction the game is taking. I am still playing Gwent because of what it was and what it could be, but not because of what it currently is, a player wrote. How CDPR will manage to add some depth to the game, and is there anything planned to bring back row identity (mechanics, non-agile units, deck-building choices, placements, etc.)?

2. The community heavily critized the Create mechanic and sent a lot of feedbacks about its impact on the ladder experience. How the developers will tweak this mechanic?

3. The MMR requirement for Rank 21 changed several times (4500, 4200 and 4300 MMR). How much challenging CDPR want the Grand Master title to be?

4. (Bonus) How many players hit Grand Master during the first season (june / july / august 2017)?

-

Thank you very much Burza for all the good work! :)

Hello Burza!

My Question: when will all the other cards from the mid-winter-update become premium? I love dem premium cards!

Hello Pawel,

Do we have an general ETA on the next major content update that has been mentioned like Thronebreaker or the Vampires Expansion?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom