Amazing Monster Deck I am currently 13-2

+
reached rank 13 with the hybrid version of this deck.
3x harpies
3x archgriffins
3x wild hunt hounds
3x biting frosts
2 x drowners
1x alzur thunder
3x crones
1x fiend
1x water hag
1x frightner
golds: geels, caretaker, caranthir and kayran.

caretaker can be replaced with succubus. succubus is huge againt monster consume , skellige axmen or to steal morkvarg. Caretaker is better against queensguards decks and NR.
frightner can be used for card advantage or can be eaten by kayran. And if you are running succubus , you can use him on ur opponent draw a card then steal him with succubus .

Michelazz;n8939670 said:
reached rank 13 with the hybrid version of this deck.
3x harpies
3x archgriffins
3x wild hunt hounds
3x biting frosts
2 x drowners
1x alzur thunder
3x crones
1x fiend
1x water hag
1x frightner
golds: geels, caretaker, caranthir and kayran.

caretaker can be replaced with succubus. succubus is huge againt monster consume , skellige axmen or to steal morkvarg. Caretaker is better against queensguards decks and NR.
frightner can be used for card advantage or can be eaten by kayran. And if you are running succubus , you can use him on ur opponent draw a card then steal him with succubus .

yea i get that caretaker is cool, but I literally constructed this deck to deal with nearly everything that can be thrown at you, granted a little bit of goodluck. the one thing i would change over anything else would probably be either one of the wild hunt 3 pt damage dealers for a lock, and maybe get rid of yennifer for triss dash or something of that nature.
I also wanted to mention that the lock works on golds like those high HP golds, more so than the fiend who-granted-can get you out of a bind, but does nothing against the really outrageous health heroes.

Jinker1;n8882440 said:
I would like to mess around with the idea of running a Succubus against high value units though.
Yea dude i gree i really want to mess with succubus even without the frightner

Michelazz;n9046500 said:
Salticidae well caretaker never disappoints thats for sure! He is more of a tech card ( the best) than a finisher though.

I think I understand what you mean, but could you go into that definition a little more? I've typically waited till around the end of round 3 to surprise people with picking one of their strong cards from previous rounds; if there is a smarter play, I'd be interested to hear it. I'm running a similar deck to the one above but with fog (woodland spirit) instead of frost.

I just started playing a little over a week ago, so figuring out better plays with some of the clever cards like Caretaker is a huge help

Salticidae what i meant is that caretaker best value is when you use it to steal an archgriffin from opponent graveyard to clear a weathered row or when you steal ur opponent mage etc. it saves u in many games. You cam still use it to finish off a game but you wont succeed all the time ( what i mean by finisher is stealing a high strength card like bloodcurling roR bear or a berserker or katakan etc.)

See, thank you! I just learned something already. I probably would have won more games if I used it for utility like stealing water hag or something instead of the biggest number I can find after I've already lost...

Salticidae today Caretaker won me against Radovid the game that got me to rank 15 . He was playing all weather and special cards . He was obviously overcommiting to win round 1 so he ended up using his finisher ( the temerian foot soldiers) to get ahead of me. I needed to frost the row ( my only saviour) but didint have anymore wildhounds in hand and already used eredin ability. So i played caretaker and stole from his graveyard an aretuza adept that i killed earlier and used it to spawn a frost on his soldiers and won the round.
His overcommitment costed him the game as i still had all my key card in hand ( crones , katakan etc.)

Thank you caretaker again!

That's awesome! Hearing how things worked in a scenario really clicks with my brain to get a feel for how to use them better, thanks for taking the time to explain!

How do you even know your 13-2. I feel like this is data that's supposed to be available for the players but I can't find it anywhere. Where woudl I look that up?

Top Bottom