Ambassador > Randomness

+
Ambassador > Randomness

Hello

I think that would be really great to remove radomness from the "Ambassador" unit. Even it would cost some nerf (e.g. reduce strength boost).
Card: http://gwentify.com/cards/ambassador/

Reasons:
- It is one way how to fight against weather.
- Sometimes you need to reduce risk (boost unit on different row for avoiding some str removing / destroing thing).

Thanks and have a nice day :eek:)

PS: I am really happy about the last patch and i've bought kegs for 100$ as my gratitude for this game :eek:). Great job and don't stop improve it ;)

As much as i hate the random aspect of who gets the buff, I understand its for balance purposes.

. If we got a choice of who we can target, it would definitely be OP. Even if it was reduced.

. If they reduced the power up to much then it becomes virtually useless. You would be better off adding a bronze unit in its place instead.

Yes, i see that it is really tricky. I hate the random aspect too. I just think that in current state it is wild card. Can help you really well and f*** with you if your oponent...
Thanks for your opinion.

I actually would like to see the randomness removed. You'd clearly need to compensate by lowering the strength of the buff to prevent it from becoming OP. But personally I'd gladly make that trade. A moderately less powerful buff that you could control wouldn't be any more or less playable but would definitely reward skilled play over dumb luck.

ikillchicken;n8245020 said:
I actually would like to see the randomness removed. You'd clearly need to compensate by lowering the strength of the buff to prevent it from becoming OP. But personally I'd gladly make that trade. A moderately less powerful buff that you could control wouldn't be any more or less playable but would definitely reward skilled play over dumb luck.

You can eliminate the randomness by using it when you have a single unit on your side of the field.

Now if randomness was removed, this could also impact you negatively as well. What if your opponent has decoy or revives from their deck? The randomness helps. I've had the example used on me before and it ended badly for my opponent. He/She was hoping to get buff on a ranged unit but went towards siege unit instead and the both units were then matching in strength, so I used G.Igni and secured my win. Sure, the buff may not go where you want it but that's the risk you take.

Adapt and overcome is the name of the game.

zeph08;n8256700 said:
You can eliminate the randomness by using it when you have a single unit on your side of the field.

Now if randomness was removed, this could also impact you negatively as well. What if your opponent has decoy or revives from their deck? The randomness helps. I've had the example used on me before and it ended badly for my opponent. He/She was hoping to get buff on a ranged unit but went towards siege unit instead and the both units were then matching in strength, so I used G.Igni and secured my win. Sure, the buff may not go where you want it but that's the risk you take.

Adapt and overcome is the name of the game.

What you are describing is "double edge sword". This thing can happen on both side.
Yes, you can use it when you have only one unit. I do it sometimes. But... It is really bad idea to have one strong unit. Even more in this patch.
I had one unit with e.g. 50+ str among 5 other units. I was really breath taking waiting for "finishing him" (mortal combat :D).

sund_F;n8256850 said:
I'm sorry?
You want to buff broken bronze card?

Please, read it first.

/support
Ambasador is sometimes incredibly annoying to play. Delete randomness from this card please. Sometimes he just buffs already buffed unit, so scorch or geralt:igni completly destory it, also there is a risk that you will buff opposing spy unit when playing vs NG.

I like the randomness of it. It gives you a chance to have multiple cards buffed especially if your using the combat engineers. It's highly unlikely that your opponent will have more than two scorch cards in their hand at the same time. Not saying that it will never happen, but the chances are slim. Please do not change!!!

If his buffer wasn't random, he would have to be at least a silver epic. Then you could only use one, and would you? in place of the likes of Auckes/Cantarella/Treason/Joachim? I'm mostly playing NG spies now, and I like Ambassador, but he is already very strong for a bronze let's be honest. The odd time he will mess things up on you, but you KNOW it's a random buff before you use it. Just be adaptable to it.

Last edited:
I think that ambassador is ok. Having a choice would be just OP as some people said. I have two of them in my deck and three vicovaro medics, which makes me use them five times when playing three rounds. Considering I also have adrenaline rush and combat engineer, I can go into second round with str 30 card and str 50 into third round if I'm lucky, since most opponents use alzurs thunder or scorch on Fake Ciri.

I think ambasador ability is fine. even they targeting random unit and none of buff card can add 12 STR.
you can use it to buff specific card if you can play it well. when i play it, it targeted card that i want ;)

Last edited:
I don't explicitly care that's it's random but you do get some situations where they's that one thing you need it not to buff and you put out 5 other units to support the randomness and it hits it anyway. This being things like fake Ciri, your biggest guy when you know they have a scorch or other spies against NG. I feel a change could be done like it targets your smallest unit, or can't hit spies just a minor thing so you have slightly more control over what it will hit rather than completely random.

Top Bottom