Ammo limit but no grenade limit?

+
Or maybe I have not reached that limit yet? I have over 80 in my inventory of the same frag type all do 1000 damage. That would be a little awaked to carry in real life.

So what would the logic for this be? I mean is it a game engine TEC reason? Because I cannot think of a good game reason (they take out opponents faster and easier) and no RL reason as they are bigger and weigh more than the "bullets".

I also do not like how CHEAP they are. I feel they should be a lot more expensive.

It is kind of funny how other games will limit grenades to 8 or 5 or 3 but allow you to carry 1000 rounds or more of ammo...

The ammo limit is a bit weird and can cause me to waste material when crafting then, yes, but the grenades I think they are so cheap because of how disposable they are, how easy is to miss then and sometimes ineffective. You can make then extremely powerful but I think it goes down to the level of the 'consumable' item they are.

The ammo limit is a bit weird and can cause me to waste material when crafting then, yes, but the grenades I think they are so cheap because of how disposable they are, how easy is to miss then and sometimes ineffective. You can make then extremely powerful but I think it goes down to the level of the 'consumable' item they are.

I just find the powerful grenades laying around here and there. The only "crafting" I do is to upgrade stuff. That is why I have more than 80 of those things, because they are not worth selling (about 3 eddies?) and I can kill a room full of enemies with a few grenades. It is true they are not useful at all in "target surgical" situations but that is very rare. But as that (grenade kills) are boring I just keep stockpiling them in my pocket.

That is what made me wonder what the logic of allowing unlimited grenades was. They should cost as much as cheap guns so it is worth the trouble of selling them. RL grenades cost about 50 to 100 USA dollars each. AND/OR have a limit like the ammo.

On the other hand, maybe if the NPC were more grenade aware and ran away from them it would change my mind.

Last edited:
I've recently discovered that you can craft ammo in the middle of a fire fight, so basically just craft it when you need it.

WOW! I just read this from some other thread:

" ...you can't have fun crafting big weapons in lategame. pertty sad to nerf this build. That was not expected so I was with 5k grenades on me... Maybe someones know how to change recipes from files? Kappa. Miss you old Ozob's Nose."

5k grenades!

WTF!!??? so there is no limit I guess...

The limit on Grenades is weight...you can find yourself running out of carrying capacity(depending on build) if you are lugging around a couple hundred grenades of various types....ammo doesn't weigh anything in game so no down side to carrying a million rounds, hence the cap limit.

The limit on Grenades is weight...you can find yourself running out of carrying capacity(depending on build) if you are lugging around a couple hundred grenades of various types....ammo doesn't weigh anything in game so no down side to carrying a million rounds, hence the cap limit.

um... well unless this guy is not telling the truth or it is some mis speak/mis interpretation then he should not be able to move with 5000 grenades LOL!

But you are correct that weight IS a form of limit, just not really any to speak of for practical purposes. I carry my 80 without even thinking about it and I am only now body 12 but have been carrying this from body 9 at most.

He probably had most of those 5000 grenades in his stash. I had nearly 1000 of them in my last playthrough.

Or maybe I have not reached that limit yet? I have over 80 in my inventory of the same frag type all do 1000 damage. That would be a little awaked to carry in real life.

So what would the logic for this be? I mean is it a game engine TEC reason? Because I cannot think of a good game reason (they take out opponents faster and easier) and no RL reason as they are bigger and weigh more than the "bullets".

I also do not like how CHEAP they are. I feel they should be a lot more expensive.

It is kind of funny how other games will limit grenades to 8 or 5 or 3 but allow you to carry 1000 rounds or more of ammo...
No logic.

V is able to carry around tenths of thousands of food items (at least) which weigh nothing. And V is able to never eat / drink any of 'em and still feel just fine, no thirst, no hunger. V is also able to walk with thousands kilos (if it's kilos) of all kinds of equipment, even jump with it just fine. Like, couple hundred sniper rifles in V's "pockets"? Sure no probs bro. And V is able to create hundreds, even over a thousand of all kinds of ammo rounds in a matter of few seconds outta some dozens "basic components" - unless V is in combat, by which time by some magic reason V suddenly becomes unable to craft ammo (or anything else). Like, "duh", wouldn't it be exactly in combat when V would most need the ability to quickly get more ammo by crafting it?

And if you think grenades are too cheap, well, it ain't the only surprise about 'em. Homing ones, the perk which makes V immune to own's grenade damage, certain NPCs and even certain vehicles completely immune to grenades (and any other damage) - Night City's sure strange and funny place, bro. Enjoy the ride. :)

No logic.

V is able to carry around tenths of thousands of food items (at least) which weigh nothing. And V is able to never eat / drink any of 'em and still feel just fine, no thirst, no hunger. V is also able to walk with thousands kilos (if it's kilos) of all kinds of equipment, even jump with it just fine. Like, couple hundred sniper rifles in V's "pockets"? Sure no probs bro. And V is able to create hundreds, even over a thousand of all kinds of ammo rounds in a matter of few seconds outta some dozens "basic components" - unless V is in combat, by which time by some magic reason V suddenly becomes unable to craft ammo (or anything else). Like, "duh", wouldn't it be exactly in combat when V would most need the ability to quickly get more ammo by crafting it?

And if you think grenades are too cheap, well, it ain't the only surprise about 'em. Homing ones, the perk which makes V immune to own's grenade damage, certain NPCs and even certain vehicles completely immune to grenades (and any other damage) - Night City's sure strange and funny place, bro. Enjoy the ride. :)

I think you misunderstood me. A dev can do any fatstical thing in a game they want to; however they cannot break their own rules and reasonably expect players to just use suspension of disbelief as an excuse.

If the bullets have a limit then grenades should also have the same kind of limit. As mcsupersport pointed out, there is a limit (kind of) so that is the answer to my question I suppose. I just do not like the answer! ;)

Last edited:
I wasted some material before learning about the ammo caps... though. I gotta admit... Making my own ammo is still tons of fun. I'll go through an entire group of enemies, smart shotgun blazing. I'll also go through a lot of shotgun ammo. Ammo is cheap to make so I do it after every fight. If I use my shotgun that is.

Very rare will I even use grenades. Oh sure... they do good damage. However with all my other efficient killing tools, I don't even need them... Which is why I like to use the molodets grenades for fun.

Top Bottom