An Ambitious Game and Important for the genre, Thank you CDPR

+

Guest 4375874

Having pre-ordered the game and playing since launch I've had several conversations with players who have both been pleased and some not so pleased with the current state of the game. I wanted to create this post because I feel It's quite easy for all the good to get lost in all the madness so if nothing else I definitely wanted to be one of the voices to show appreciation to the devs for the world they created. It's often the things that you don't get right that are highlighted more than the things that you do and at the end of the day the devs are people like everyone else. And just to be clear I'm very critical of them, mostly on the gwent side of things so if I felt they fell short here then I would not hesitate to say so.

So my heartfelt thanks to the devs for the hard work they have put into this, especially in light of a pandemic raging across the globe for most of the year. I know this could not have been an easy task to accomplish. I've been following this game for a while not so much because of their Witcher 3 titles but because of the cyberpunk element, that for me, shaped my childhood (probably too much lol). I've played similar games and I see a lot of contrasts being drawn with this one. Deus Ex was futuristic, not cyberpunk and I feel that may be where many players became confused when they draw comparisons. There is a distinction between the two. It's also not GTA, nor should it strive to be. As a long time fan of the genre from graphic novels to animation, films and tv the cyberpunk genre has rarely been done right in recent years and in gaming I would argue it never has. This however is the closest incarnation and the most accurate and I couldn't be happier. I'm looking forward to what future expansion will look like and even multiplayer, something that I don't normally care for.

Thanks again CDPR, keep up the great work. I acknowledge that there are areas that need to be refined and I have every confidence that you will continue to live up to our expectations. :beer:

CDPR has no thanks from me for intentionally misrepresenting the FUCK out of their product. The devs might be deserving of sympathy since they're at the will of higher-ups, but CDPR overall screwed us over. CDPR isn't your friend lol, they only care about your money which is why they released the game in the state that it's in. Don't kid yourself.

CDPR has no thanks from me for intentionally misrepresenting the FUCK out of their product. The devs might be deserving of sympathy since they're at the will of higher-ups, but CDPR overall screwed us over. CDPR isn't your friend lol, they only care about your money which is why they released the game in the state that it's in. Don't kid yourself.
Really? No "Damn Corpo" comment?

This game is incredible. This is one of the very few games where the concept art really jumps right into the screen, and the characters do too. The amount of detail that goes in to this game is crazy and makes this game so immersive. Just the whole production. I've never been a fan of Cyberpunk anything, until now.

It looks and sounds good, but lacks substance.

It's also very linear and scripted, everything cool has to be very linear because the game is incapable of being cool in motion without hand-crafted sequences making it so.

It's a golden box the size of a car that has a child's tricycle inside. Which is a fitting metaphor because they're on training wheels in making a gun focused gta style game.

It's ambitious in concept but actually really rather safe in execution. It's just far cry with slight cyberpunk flare. I do hope they'll continue to develop upon it and improve it, but as things stand I don't see much ambition, all I see is a nice candy wrapper with 1/10th of the candy I expected inside.

I do very much -want- to see more though. The base is there. All they have to do now is build, build, build upon it.

I too wish to add my thanks to CDPR for this game. Ever since playing CP2020 way back when it came out I longed for this game - and I am enjoying the hell out of it! This game is nearly everything I could have asked for in an open world Cyberpunk game (but if you can still add a custom radio station, I would not mint :p ) and I have been immersed in it for the last 4 days.

When working with Panam I felt like I belonged to the nomad clan, now I am involved with some major shit going down in Night City and can't be sure who to trust...just like Cyberpunk! You guys nailed this game!

Sure there are a few minor bugs, but to be honest, most of them had me laughing my ass off. I know CDPR will get them ironed out, after all they pushed the game out to satisfy us screaming to get it now.

So with all the negative press out there, I know it feels good to get a thank you now and then.

Thanks, and back to 2077 for me!
Eric

CDPR has recouped all of their development cost, so that's good. Nothing but profit now, and patches, dlcs and an expansion or two. :)

It looks and sounds good, but lacks substance.

It's also very linear and scripted, everything cool has to be very linear because the game is incapable of being cool in motion without hand-crafted sequences making it so.

It's a golden box the size of a car that has a child's tricycle inside. Which is a fitting metaphor because they're on training wheels in making a gun focused gta style game.

It's ambitious in concept but actually really rather safe in execution. It's just far cry with slight cyberpunk flare. I do hope they'll continue to develop upon it and improve it, but as things stand I don't see much ambition, all I see is a nice candy wrapper with 1/10th of the candy I expected inside.

I do very much -want- to see more though. The base is there. All they have to do now is build, build, build upon it.
I'm actually pinning my hopes on (if it's actually happening) a multiplayer/online version of this game, to properly flesh out this world/game

I'm actually pinning my hopes on (if it's actually happening) a multiplayer/online version of this game, to properly flesh out this world/game

How exactly will multiplayer fix a game that's lacking the most basic infrastructure to make anything outside the main story feel meaningful?

I mean sure it's gonna be a bit of fun to run around with friends and shoot the shit ala destiny / the division, but how long a lifespan will such game have? And also, it'll be fun because of friends, not because of the game.

I guess I answered my own question, maybe 1-2 months of fun can be extracted from it by adding player interaction... But without some genuine hard work on adding missing / side features to make it more 'sandboxy', just adding other players won't really fix what's broken. Or rather, what's not there to begin with.

well, "if" they made an online version, they'd have to regularly push out new updates and content to keep it relevant, but in all honesty a developer who is not known for making live service games won't probably make it anyway, it's a pipe dream, I know it, also if you beleive the chatter and rumours, apparently they said a multiplayer cp game would be a separate game, so what ever comparisons you make to this single player game, may or may not be relevant.

well, "if" they made an online version, they'd have to regularly push out new updates and content to keep it relevant

I've been playing MMOs for a long time, and I honestly think making a 'multiplayer only' game is a huge trap, because it's impossible to continue creating quality content at a decent pace faster than the players consume it, and the devs who make it gotta get paid. The best way to go around it is to create a 'true sandbox' where player actions can create content, but few games managed to do it right. I don't see CP77 becoming the next minecraft.

Important to what genre exactly? Looter shooter? Interactive movie? Cyberpop? Mis-topia?

Last edited:
Top Bottom