An idea to change Jutta an Dinum/ The iron maiden.

+
An idea to change Jutta an Dinum/ The iron maiden.

At this point the ‘Jutta an Dinum’ card has no special ability, but in the Witcher 3 she has this special characteristic because she will only marry to someone who can defeat her in battle.
I was thinking how these characteristics could somehow be translated into ‘Gwent’ and came up with the following idea: the card would change allegiance when defeated. It would work like this:
  • If you lose the round in which you played the Jutta an Dinum card, she switch allegiance to the other player (marry to the person who defeated her) and appear in your adversary’s hand (or deck) but with a lower base strength.
    This switching of allegiance would only work once meaning that when your adversary play’s the card after winning it in a previous round, it would not shift back to your hand but go to the graveyard (and turn into a permadeath?).
  • If you win the round in which you played the Jutta an Dinum card, she will go to the graveyard like every other card
Thanks for reading and I hope you like this idea.

Last edited:
That would turn her into scrap card. No one would play her; not that it finds much play right now (much better silver candidates for Skellige anyway).

Practically if you lose you give your opponent card advantage. High risk no reward.

She would need more strength to make up for that risk. She would have to be a high win rate kind of card. Otherwise she wont be used. Maybe give her an effect like: Link her with another unit on the opponents side of the field and if she dies that unit dies, and vice versa. Thats risk vs reward right there.

Ok I agree the first idea had a rather bad risk-reward ratio, maybe this idea is a little bit better.

Keeping with the theme of trying to translate the characteristics of the character to the card maybe this idea is has a better risk-reward ratio.
  • The Iron Maiden card will do damage to a card when played and if it destroys that card it will boost the morality/strength of the Iron Maiden. The player will be able to choose which card he/she wants to damage and this card can be both friend or foe.
  • When defeated by another card (same round) she will boost the morality/strength of that card by a couple of points.
  • No more swithing alliances afther defeat (like in the original idea).
With the boost in morality/strength being a consequence of what happened/ could happen after you defeated her in the Witcher 3 ;p.

Last edited:
I think the idea is interesting but I also don't think it's ideal to have a card that's only useful when you win. I wouldn't use it either tbh.

My suggestion would be make her an 7 (plus Adrenaline Rush). If you win the round she becomes a 12 (base strength) in the next one. And if you lose she loses 5 points base strength and turns 3. That's a scenario where I can see myself considering using this card. The numbers are just suggestion... might be too much, not sure though.

Top Bottom