An interesting enemy upscale bug.

+

iCake

Forum veteran
An interesting enemy upscale bug.

The enemy upscale option is bugged in a way that sometimes enemies that are supposed to be upscaled to your level get downscaled to level 1. I think a lot of people know about that. But today I discovered a new buggy behavior of the option. I saw a few workers get upscaled way up to "??" level, which basically means they became way higher than me in level. Here's a video demostrating the issue, feel free to enjoy the fistfight in its entirety there :)

[video]https://youtu.be/DUuBxpkbbhY[/video]

P.S. I enjoyed the challenge for a change.

I usually save the game at a small distance from areas that i expect a fight, like question marks. If upscale doesn't work, i load that save and return. In all cases the enemies are this time scaled correctly. Enemies shouldn't be visible when you save otherwise reloading does not work. Anyway that is my experience with this rather annoying bug

By the way have they announced an ETA for a fix on 1.21 bugs?

I started again without level scaling. Because the known bugs appears too often.
LvL 1 or "??". Not really funny. It also happens often after meditating.

iCake

Forum veteran
@pharmakotriftis

Well, that workaround you mentioned didn't work on those guys. I even tried to restart the game. no luck. Anyway, the challenge was good,

Turned enemy scaling off. Its unbalanced as hell. Im level 74 with powerful gear and get one hit by random monsters. Was annoying especially when it takes 2 minutes to load the game when you die.

iCake

Forum veteran
BTW, all fistfights in B&W were like these with ?? brawlers. I don't know if it only relates to B&W or across all fistfights in the game though.

too many enemies with lvl 1 in game now, will it be fixed in next patch ? or i should start a new game right now ?

This feature is still broken. I'm seeing groups of enemies that have some mobs upscaled correctly to 2 levels above me and then some in the same pack level 1 or 3. Please fix this CDPR

Top Bottom