An Open Letter from Head of CD PROJEKT RED

+
An Open Letter from Head of CD PROJEKT RED

Hey Gamers!

Time does fly! These few months since launch passed faster than you can say potestaquisitor. We’ve been hard at work delivering you new content, fixing what needed to be fixed, and secretly plotting how to rock this boat we call the RPG genre even more. We’ve just concluded our shareholder conference where we announced that The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt family got a bit bigger -- we sold over 6 million copies of the game in six weeks since launch. Worry not, I won’t discuss any financial stuff here. I would, however, like to give you some insight on what that means to us as game creators.

One could think we have six million reasons to be happy and that’s it. We do, but that number is also a big responsibility and I want everyone to know that we, as a studio, realize that. For us, all your high praise, all the positive reviews, are also an obligation -- we’ve made a really good game but there’s still a long road ahead of us. Everyone here in CD PROJEKT RED is really attached to their work and how you, the gamers, perceive it. RED is full of artists, wild dreamers and people crazy about what they do (and sometimes just plain crazy). We lose sleep over that particular colour the sun has when it sets over Velen, and argue over arranging the furniture in a house the majority of gamers will probably never see. We’re not the kind of people who are easily satisfied and we always strive for more. I’d like you to know that.

Yes, six million copies is a great achievement for a company making RPGs, but this business is not only about that. If our games are a gallery of sound, picture and text - you are the visitors of this gallery. To an artist, there’s no sweeter sight than people enjoying their work. That’s why, in the name of all the devs in the studio, I’d like to say thanks to each and every one of you.

Thanks!

Adam Badowski,
Head of Studio
CD PROJEKT RED

Commendable remarks. Thank you for sharing them! Artistically, the game is truly a fantastic illusion, which captures many subtle nuances of Nature and Life! Despite the objections of some factions, the graphics and atmosphere are very fine indeed. However, as is often the case with a wide audience, it isn't always possible to please everyone. Such is the nature of art.

Once again, to all the dedicated artists, and brilliant lunatics at CD Projekt RED, well done! Bravo!

Attachments

• RivenII.jpg
    RivenII.jpg
    134 KB · Views: 115
Last edited:
No, thank you Adam and the team.

Thank you for bringing this incredible universe to life. For realizing my teenage dreams of seeing Novigrad with my own eyes. Of seeing and interacting with Ciri and Yennefer and Triss and Zoltan. Of visiting Skellige and Kaer Morhen. Of..

Suffice to say, as someone who owns all Sapkowski books, all three games multiple times including Collector's Editions, the news of 6 million copies in 6 weeks makes me very happy. It is pleasure to see quality and talent being rewarded like this. I can't wait for the expansions.

Yes...I hope there will be one more expansion after the two announced. One that would bolster and improve the main (already insanely good) game even more.

No Sir, Thank you for giving us such a wonderful piece of art. The way you guys built this game is truly incredible.. I live every single second of it. And sir I still haven't beaten the game. I never want to end it .. I know after sometime eventually the game will end but if i have choice i would play it my entire life. This is how much witcher series meant to me.. Geralt is my super hero .. And thank you so so so very much for caring for fans. I'm very much excited for upcoming expansion. i just can't leave witcher 3.. no matter wht game comes i luv my witcher series so much.. i never played witcher 1 but i read all the novels and details u put in the game the back stories from novels the easter eggs waooo just love it.. And think you sir again and your whole team for such a gr8 work May you have even more success. May CD Project became the world best RPG game developer and you have even more bussiness. and i wish we can have even more witcher RPG's :)

Was an absolute pleasure to have experienced this masterpiece after reading the books and playing your previous entries into the Saga. You really did it justice and is absolutely my favorite game of all time, thank you.

Thank you, guys, for the game. You are THE BEST. Yeah, yeah, sometimes we bitch about this problem or that problem, but don't you worry none - we sure love you all. TW3 is a masterpiece, and the best game a lot of us played since forever. Good luck to you all, and keep making these awesome games of yours. For you our valets are always ready to be relieved of their contents, and these are money well spent. ;)

Guest 3842753

Big thanks to you sir and your colleagues.

By the way, any chance of an enhanced edition? :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm very happy to hear the game is doing so well, it doesnt deserve any less, and you guys don't deserve any less as a studio either,

Congratulations on the 6 million in 6 weeks and hope you reach the 10 million mark soon as you deserve it.

Also thank you for the game.

Last edited:
Been with you guys since the 2007, you made me fell in love with (Wiedzmin) world, because of that I started to read Mr A.S. books, I've mean, this has been one incredible experience and can't wait for future updates, so thank YOU very much and well deserved!...

Last edited:
Dear Team, thank you for this worderful moments, this game is a masterpiece. The amount of details for every single little quests or moments, the book contents, the notes... THANK YOU !!!!!!!

The walking horse animation stutter is still there...I'm 1 of your 6000000...

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks REDs, although I might be moaning from time to time on a bit there a bit here, big (as I think) and small issues that TW3 has. But I never regretted even for a second for per-ordering the Art you call an RPG.

P.S. You really need to do something with the post-game part tho, seriously.

Cheerz

Game is sure fire top 3 all time. Well done on 6 mill, will be double no triple that by Christmas.

P.S. We need a better post game lolz need that father-daughter monster hunting. Ciri Army for the win!

Top Bottom