An open letter to CD PROJECT RED

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello. This is my first attempt to reach the game developer publicly, and I am doing this because after more than 15 years of trying all other options available for me, I had zero success and at this point I already lost all the hope to ever gain anyone’s attention. I am quite sure that majority of my letters were never even read by actual developers and just put to the spam folders by hr or community managers. So I hope that maybe if I try to establish contact trough open sources instead of reaching for support\hr emails, etc., at least a single developer will notice me and read what I have to say. My only wish is to be heard, so let me start with explaining why I so desperately need that:

Unlike many people my interests in life are very limited, and nor do I have various abilities. I am fixated on one thing I do the best – writing for video games, as for everything else - I am usually unable to learn anything that normal people learn with ease, or have zero interest in doing so.
I started writing for games when I was 13 y.o, and now, when I am 32, after long process of refinement, I am proud of having a bunch of high-quality plots for games of various genres, spiced up with general gameplay concepts with unique mechanics to forge a stronger bond with the stories. I believe that my work is way above the average level you can see in video games, and I would be happy to show it to someone who might be interested in good plot and concept for the game, because I finding greatest joy in seeing how my thoughts are being shaped into the video game, but… Nobody ever takes me seriously.

There is a couple reasons for that – for example, that I live in Ukraine, that makes me eligible only for remote job, or my lack of special educations, that I am physically disabled, and, most important – have some of the mental issues. Most of potential employers would probably stop reading right here, because they are not interested in dealing with people whose brain is not normal, despite it’s having mostly positive affection of the job I am doing. Like I said – I am fixated on one thing, the writing, and spending almost my entire time to be better in it, to shape my stories into perfect state, and also to study work of other people to see what major flaws and errors I should avoid, to learn new things and gain inspiration. I know, and most importantly – feel the aspects of a good story, and I know how to combine it with gameplay elements to create amazing experience for lots of various genres.

But this level of dedication comes with a price of me being unable to learn anything else. My memories and thought process appear to be very selective – for example, while I perfectly remember almost each detail of my stories, yet I still have cardinal points written down in the text document, because my brain refuses to remember such simple thing like left=west, that could be remembered even by the child, and each time I play a game with directions like that I have to open that damned document and read it over, and over, and over again. This is why I fail terribly at any other task I try, including my attempts to learn programming, 3d modelling or art – anything that could get me into game industry in much easier way than writing, but I am utterly uncapable for any of those jobs. What’s even worse – I cannot learn English beyond the basics that I am using right now, and this means that I am unable to write a beautiful text on English without either translator or at least and editor. Of course, any employer will give me a hard pass after reading that – because they still don’t know what I am capable at, but they also already not interested in learning that because there are other candidates for the job that can write perfectly in English, and they simply do not believe that despite all this trouble the quality of my stories will be worth it. Changing their minds would be easy if they agreed to spend at least 10-15 minutes on reading any of my work that I am willing to show, but in more than 15 years of life I have not found a single developer who would agree to do that. People just do not believe that I am capable of anything at all, they haven’t see my work but already assume that it’s so bad, that even spending time to look at it is already out of the question. And I see no way to get over this kind of prejudice, to somehow make at least a single developer believe in me enough to at least look at my work.

I fully realize that my disabilities are my personal problems, and the world won’t change their habits or take extra steps just because I am different, and that I should be glad that society cares about human garbage like me enough to pay a disability pension so I won’t starve to death (but what’s the point of supporting my pointless existence anyway?). This is why I am ready to work in any conditions, for any payment, and people can even take a full credit for my work, I am fine with that as long as they let me create, because living an empty life without doing anything is just too painful. Yet people still refuse to at least look at my work no matter what I propose to them.

No, I do not limit myself with big studios – I tried to join the small teams, usually those that are making mods for the games. Each of them silently felt apart, after members one by one just stopped posting updates and responding. Sometimes even projects leads never announced closure – they just vanished from the radars without saying a world to the rest of the team.

Then I met one very gifted artist and together we created Project Fire – a small rpg that we managed to release on Steam for free after almost 5 years of development: https://store.steampowered.com/app/526430/Project_Fire/

We faced many challenges during the development: for example, we had to cancel many original ideas because we didn’t had a programmer in team and could not modify code of the engine to make new features (except the stealth system that was made by my partner trough in-game events). And we realized that full game would be too big for use two, so we made only a prologue story, that introduces player to the lore of this world, several main characters and their first adventure. Also, since we didn’t had any budget at all (I even had to search for volunteer to make an English translation) – there was zero promotion, so not many people found out that the game even exists and it was lots in a wave of new releases quite fast.

Yet still it was received well, and I am especially proud that it has zero negative feedback about the story – despite it’s being only a prologue and having only a minor plot twists people still liked it and said that they wanted to learn the rest of the story. I would be most happy if we could deliver it for them – but my partner was busy with his family and irl work, and without him I was just a writer who could not make a single good-looking location or somehow else keep developing the game. By myself I am nothing, and to make my dream come true I need at least a few talented team members who would share my passion. I was hoping that having a released game would help me to find a team willing to either help me make a full version of this game, or just look at my plots and concepts for other games – but nothing changed, my letters to the developers were left unanswered, as they always did.

You probably want to ask the same question people already asked countless times – "why don’t you write books\text games\visual novels instead? ". I did that when I was teen, and got mostly positive feedback for short stories I wrote. But eventually I realized that with writing like that I am not using even half of the potential I have, and things I write are not bad, but not really good either. Writing different things requires different skills. I doubt that a typical horror writer will write a good romance story, etc., and the same works for me – I write especially for video games, and a good chunk of my stories are told trough visuals, gameplay elements or even music. I picked the video games exactly because they allowed such a wide choice of storytelling tools and even more of a possible combinations of them – and my stories would not be as awesome as they are now if you cut all those elements out. And there is also a few concepts (7,8) that barely have any story, focusing on gameplay instead, as well as concepts like 4 where original gameplay is just as important as it’s story. Quality of my work as a game writer is the only thing in the world I am certain in, and I don’t want to swap it for something that I won’t do well.

Some could also ask "why not form your own team then? " – but I cannot do that because I am not the leader. No, I never had problems as a team player, in all teams I worked with I had zero conflicts, and could always easy explain my point of view or what I wanted other people to do, or finding a different solution if they could not do what was needed. But I just not a social person (I don’t even communicate irl and have only one online friend), and have no idea how to gather and motivate and entire team to work for free (because with my 60$ month income I cannot afford to pay anyone for anything). Even when I worked along with the artist on Project Fire, I did it so easily because we were partners who shared same vision, and because I was very lucky to meet him, but that luck won’t repeat again. Only already established team can become my salvation.

(I will have to continue this letter in comments, because forums does not allow to write posts that's above 10k characters, sorry for that!).

(Update - and it seems like i am unable to do that because of auto-merging feature, so please, can someone leave a comment so i can write down second part of the letter please? Until someone does that - i cannot continue. )

Last edited:
If you want to apply for a job, this is where you ought to do it - https://en.cdprojektred.com/jobs/. There are currently three open writer positions. One of them is quoted below. Your more likely to get a response there than here (though a response there is by no means guaranteed).

Writer
  • Kraków, Poland
  • Full-time
Company Description
Our mission is this: we want to deliver bleeding edge, mature role-playing games with a deep focus on storytelling, and we want to wrap them in an honest, good value for money package gamers find worth their hard earned cash. We’d love all games and gamers to be treated like that, and we’re working hard every day to make that happen.
Job Description
We are looking for a talented Writer to join our unique team. Person in this position will be creating history and dialogues for our games. If creativity is one of your strongest points and you're hungry for new challenges - join us!
Daily responsibilities:
  • Writing dialogues.
  • Writing scenarios.
  • Writing documents about the story.
  • Supporting narrative content for various game systems.
  • Help the design team iterate on narrative delivery techniques.
Please note, this is not a remote workable position. Candidates must be able to commute to our studio in Cracow.
Qualifications
  • Native Polish and very good knowledge of English.
  • Successfully adapted script or published texts (book, short stories, etc.).
  • Perfect language sense and excellent writing talent.
  • General knowledge of culture and society.
  • Well-developed communication skills and ability to collaborate with others.
  • Creativity and a flexible approach to the creation process.
  • Willingness to learn tools and editors to create games.
Nice to have
  • Experience in working in a creative team.
  • Experience in the video game industry (the title does not have to be published).
  • Knowledge of computer role-playing games.
  • Passion for video games! :)
Additional Information
  • A modern and relaxed studio atmosphere.
  • Private medical care (Enel Med, Medicover or Lux Med).
  • A chance to work in a booming industry, within an international team.
  • Fresh fruit twice a week for everyone in the office, a wide choice of tea, fancy coffee machines and 7 types of milk.
  • Dog-friendly environment.
  • A step by step assistance and ‘Relocation Package’ for foreigners willing to establish in Poland.
  • Free library with a wide range of games and books.
  • Many social activities and parties.

If you want to apply for a job, this is where you ought to do it

Rawls, I was trying to do that for more than 15 years already. If that could work out for me, i would not be writing this letter, but i wanted to at least once be heared by developers, and not the hr teams, because hr teams sending my letters to trash bins without even reading them completly (because i do not fit the requirements, and because of my disabilities will never do). This is the last chance in my life, last option that i haven't tried yet: a hope that unlike hr agent, developers will understand my situation and would be interested in seeing what i am capable at despite my flaws. Just let me try this, and, if it fails - then this is my fate, but at least i would know that i tried everything and there is just no place for me in this world.

But thanks for you answer, now i can continue:

But why am I writing this letter to CDRP from all possible developers? There is a couple of reasons:

- They are Polish company, and some members have to understand the pain from having to develop game on English, while also having translators or at least correctors in the team.

- They are one of the most fast-growing companies, I know that right now most of those people are concentrated on development of Cyberpunk, but after it releases they will switch to something else. And this means that they could at least consider sparing a few team members and a small budget for a side-project, if they will deem it promising enough (as it happened with Thronebreaker, for example).

- Despite becoming a big corporation, they still think about comforts of their customers, being friendly towards community. Maybe they will also be kind enough to spare a bit of their time to look at my work to give their professional opinion about it – even if not to use my ideas, but simply to make sure they won’t die with me?

What exactly I am asking about? Bellow I will leave a list of my best works, sorted from absolute best to those that are not fully complete. Any CDPR member who thinks that he is competent enough to judge either game plots of design concepts can pick any of them (or several, pick several!) that sound more interesting to them, and give me a way to reach them privately, and I will write down, translate to English and sent them the short plot summary and\or game design concept.

Just hearing a honest opinion about them would already be great. Then, some of them could be quite cheap to develop, only a few people and small budget would be enough to make those games, so maybe, if they would like my concepts enough to consider turning them into the game - then they could hire me to help me to that. Or maybe, if they aren’t interested in making this kind of games at all – they still could recommend my work for someone else who does. And, finally – if they will be impressed by my work, but not ready or interested in making this kind of games right now, maybe they still could find a job fitting for my talents and limitations? Yeah, my main talent lies in creating original universes and stories that are set in those universes, but i am still great in finding various flaws in both plots and game design elements, and often can propose an easy way to improve things that does not work very well, can help enrich stories by writing interesting characters or side quests.

So, here is the list:

... or it's where the list suposed to be, but it seems like forums are bugged. Total word count of this comment is bellow 10k now, but i stil getting the same error. Quess i will have to post list after another comment of someone else. Please, do that for me!

Last edited:
Yes, it's character count. My english fails me, as it always does. But now i can write a final part of my letter, so thank you (again), and...

Here is the list:

1) "Traitors". A story-driven military shooter with strong anti-war plot, set up in a fully fictional alternate universe. Setting can be adapted in various ways (steampunk world, for example), as long as the technology level of it stays somewhere around ww2 (+- fictional stuff). At least average budget is needed for this game to fund proper voice acting and realistic-looking visuals for deeper immersion. Coop is possible, but not recommended.

Stage of completion: plot fully complete, general game design features are complete.

2) "Project Fire". A Sci-fi\Fantasy party rpg with huge, dialogue-rich story, twisted with various choices and consequences. 2d or 3d, turn based tactical combat, no character creation – instead the story changes character’s personalities. The game effectively mixes jrpg (emotional storytelling, simplified rpg system, epic moments) and crpg (dialogue branching, choices and consequences) elements. Suitable for low budget, but is big, so will require some time.

Stage of completion: plot fully complete, game design exists, but it’s flexible and are subject to change.

3) "Project humanity". A Sci-fi adventure game. Core gameplay is exploration, climbing, restoring scenes of the past, a bit of stealth and qte encounters with various enemies. Main focus is exploration and dialogue between two main characters, so the biggest budget draw would be creating huge locations to explore, they may be not very interactive, but must be as beautiful as possible. But the game is rather small and does not require significant effort in anything except level design.

Stage of completion: plot fully complete, several options for game design (depends on budget).

4) "Project Light". A Survival Horror game that gradually changes pacing of story and gameplay, providing player with several completely different experiences in one game, giving a fresh take on survival horror genre, and offering unique asymmetric cooperative experience.

Stage of completion: plot fully complete (with several options for key moments, not sure what to pick), game design summary complete.

5) "[Not the] End of the World". A post-apocalyptic Coop FPS or TPS, or RPG. Violent and explosive gameplay with two very different character archetypes, humor (sometimes black), and a story about fraction conflict where players needs to pick a side.

Stage of completion: main parts of the plot (characters, their personal quests, main story) complete, few options for game design, including turning the game into party rpg if needed.

6) "Some piracy in space". An epic story about band of space pirates who are messed up in huge conspiracy, that can be adapted into anything, starting from space sim, and ending with shooter or rpg.

Stage of completion: main parts of the plot (main story line, half of the characters) are complete, have ideas for side quests. No game design, but the story can fit into pretty much anything.

7) "The Eternal Project". A game that can be either TBS or RTS, or even both! It uses lots of elements from other strategy games, but combines them in a way like never before, giving a player the ultimate world conqueror simulator, with lots of various ways to set and achieve certain goals, as well as forge the world to your personal vision of it.

Stage of completion: plot has huge gaps – they will be filled once gameplay settles in, game design: nearly complete, but lots of elements are subject to change – game is very mechanics-heavy due to it’s unique nature.

8) "Remnants of the old world". A tactical turn-based online pvp game that can be classified as "multiplayer online battle arena" but has nothing in common with existing moba’s except having a list of characters with unique abilities. Game is fast-paced, highly addictive pvp looter, with almost infinite abilities to add completely different game modes without much changes. Cheap in development, fitting for cross-play from all possible devices, vast monetization options (only cosmetics).

Stage of completion: both story and two game design options are fully complete.

9) "The Cowboy of Multiverse". Third-person action game with cover system, that can be both shooter or rpg. Coop is possible.

Stage of completion: both story and gameplay are on early stages of development.

10) "The space opera". A Sci-fi party RPG (but can be adapted for solo as well, I guess) about first human discovering alien society and the ancient secrets it hides, while travelling across the various planets of our galaxy.

Stage of completion: story missing some minor elements (side quests mostly), game design is under the question – it depends on what type of gameplay team wants to create the most.

11) "The Parody RPG". My attempts to make a game that parodies RPG’s and fantasy genre in general.

Stage of completion: Beginning of the story is done, rest is a mess of various ideas for now, no game design. Also my sense of humor is questionable

12) "Totally not The Witcher". A game with main character, mutated half-monster lives in a world infested by the monsters and are tasked to protect humans from them. I guess that many people would name it a Witcher clone when they hear this (that’s why I got this code name), but despite this fact, game does not share any other similarities with "The Witcher" series and has it’s own unique universe that’s more sci-fi than fantasy.

This one is quite special and needs an explanation about why I even included it here despite it’s being more of an idea than fleshed-out concept. Once upon a time I was thinking a lot about the subject "Adaptation vs Original Story: what is better, what is easier to do, and why? ", and eventually I decided to run a little experiment: I am taking any famous game that was based on pre-existing lore, and having only one day to re-make it’s setting into something that could not be called a clone, but still would share the key aspects with the original. Memories about TW3 was still fresh in my head, so I thought "why not" and made this. There is no plot or characters, only general description of the world and it’s lore, as well as for some gameplay mechanics that closely connected with that lore. Somehow I was so satisfied with that work (especially considering that I managed to finish it by the end of the day), that I decided to leave it as it is and never came back to somehow edit it again.
When I was writing this letter I remembered about it and thought it could be interesting to see how people from CDPR would like it, because since it was based on their game, that had an acknowledged writer’s universe and many talented people from the CDPR working to enrich it even more, and I was just one person who tried to make some kind of "spiritual successor" – then it would mean a lot if by comparing it with their own work they will still find it interesting and original enough, I could not think of a better judges for this piece of lore.

So… this is it. My fate is in your hands now, and I can only hope that my charisma stat is sufficient to make this letter sound convincing enough to make one of CDRP members take a look at my work, because my strength is currently on -4, and I cannot use intimidation at all >_<
My stories is all I have in my life, they are my life – and all I want is just one chance at sharing them with the world. Will you save them from oblivion?

Just let me try this, and, if it fails - then this is my fate, but at least i would know that i tried everything and there is just no place for me in this world.

Don't say that. Don't give up. Just keep trying, and eventually you WILL get a writing job that you want.

I know that's very easy for me to say, and I know that you've already tried, but believe me, I was in the same situation a few years ago. I was desperate for a job, and no matter how many times I would get rejected/ignored, I would keep applying again and again. After a while, I finally got the job that I wanted.

I know what I'm saying is extremely cliche. Even if CDPR doesn't see this letter, you can't let that stop you.

"You just need to believe. You must believe."
- Master Oogway

Thank you Has_Neyn

Maybe i will keep trying. Just for now i don't see any other options that i could try, because i already did everything i could think of, everything i was capable at. And spending half life on the attempts to simply show your work, but every single time facing those who assume that i am bad without even looking at what i can do is very discouraging - after all this years and thousands of letters sent i am losing will to keep searching for more options i haven't tried yet. Maybe it's normal people who will be accepted sooner or later, when mistakes of nature like me never had a chance from the very beginning.

But at first i will wait a bit and try to keep this post up with hope that someone from the developers will read it.

Уважаемый. А можно как-то почитать ваши работы? Может рассказы или новеллы?

[Sard Edit] With Google Translate: "Respected. Can you somehow read your work? Maybe stories or short stories? "

English in the forum, thanks. -Sard

Last edited by a moderator:
Уважаемый. А можно как-то почитать ваши работы? Может рассказы или новеллы?

[Sard Edit] With Google Translate: "Respected. Can you somehow read your work? Maybe stories or short stories? "

English in the forum, thanks. -Sard

[Wrong language. -Drac]

Moors- - thank you, i will try that.

Hello. Is it possible to read your work? Maybe some stories or novels? (Didn't receive answer on my question in russian))

Hey!

Yes, as others said, it's best if you can show some of your actual writings and use those when you apply, because a good portfolio is best to show your talent and dedication in art, be it painting or writing. I wish you good luck! :)

Thank you, but that is the problem - i cannot show anything except the game i already made because people simply don't want to look at my plots and concepts. In 15+ years of attempts not a single person agreed to look at my work. And this is why i created this post - i can demostrate what i can do to any developer who would agree to look at my work, if there only ever will be someone who would do that.

Hey!

Yes, as others said, it's best if you can show some of your actual writings and use those when you apply, because a good portfolio is best to show your talent and dedication in art, be it painting or writing. I wish you good luck! :)
Give a little task to him, to challenge his level))

Thank you, but that is the problem - i cannot show anything except the game i already made because people simply don't want to look at my plots and concepts. In 15+ years of attempts not a single person agreed to look at my work. And this is why i created this post - i can demostrate what i can do to any developer who would agree to look at my work, if there only ever will be someone who would do that.

I cannot speak for the video game writing profession, but from what I understand, a portfolio does not have to consist solely of work you did "for a project." Make up a fake project and work around that.

I don't understand what you mean by nobody looking at your work. If you have work to show, why not include it in the application? Then someone will look at it. Maybe I'm missing something.

I cannot speak for the video game writing profession, but from what I understand, a portfolio does not have to consist solely of work you did "for a project." Make up a fake project and work around that.
Exactly.
As a programmer getting the first job wasn't easy, you have a piece of paper that's says you have a degree and absolutely nothing else. And in my case I had a sizable strike against me, I was retired military, who's gonna hire a 46 year old with zero experience? But after looking around a while I got my very first job precisely job because I was also retired military ... it was a with a military contractor (who likes to hire vets and understood 2nd careers, looks good on their submission to the government for a contract) and the pay was horrible. I stayed about a year an moved on, because now I had "experience".

I don't understand what you mean by nobody looking at your work. If you have work to show, why not include it in the application?

I do have a work to show - it's the game i already released. But it's not enough because i do not meet the requirements for the job, and because of that HR agents does not even look at it - their job is to find ones that will meet in all of those requirements, and nothing else. They are not the people who are making the call about what game to develop next, so even if they would read my work and like it - they still would be unable to help me because they have strict rules like "if applicant cannot do X, stop reading, scrap the letter, go to the next one". My goal is to somehow reach the game development department instead of HR, but it seems impossible since almost none of them have any contacts, or they do not respond back (like the one linked above).

I honestly have no idea if the problem are in me or in anything else because nobody wants to talk with me. So far i got only two semi-reliable pieces of information about the situation: 1) some developers legally unable to read things submitted by the non-team members (can be easily bypassed by letting me sign some document where i refuse all possible claims) 2) i asked people who work at HR about what's wrong with my application, and they all said they would ignore it because it does not meet the requirements.

Also my offer is unique because instead of offering to do work in the future, i (mostly) offer to show work that's alrady complete. And this is why i have the list of the works: i don't know what plans certain studio has for the future, maybe they want to make a story-driven shooter game? Here, i can give them the plot that will easily beat plots of every major franchize of same genre out there. They want to make horror? I have a concept for horror with asymmetrical coop, something that nobody else did before. They want to make crpg? I have an excellent story for it. Just look at it and compare it with what you planned to do. If my work is better, why not use it instead? Or why not make a small side-project out of it? But to know what to show i need to know what they are looking for first. This is why i am showing the list and letting them chose what interests them the most.

But maybe quality of my work does not matter, and it only matters who i am? Maybe i never had the chance to ever be listened and replied to because i was born like this. I wish that i would know what is wrong, but nobody telling me.

I got my very first job precisely job because I was also retired military ... it was a with a military contractor

Well, like to told - this was one of the reasons why i wrote this letter. People from Poland should understand better how hard it is to perfectly learn English if you didn't study it since birth, and also already have some kind of English translators or at least correctors in team. But apart from that there isn't any other options left.

Last edited:
I'm by no means an expert, nor am I involved in the gaming development, but I think it's irrational to expect a developer to just take a plot from someone new to the industry and build a game around it, no matter how good it might be. It has to either be a startup fully equipped with programmers and missing ONLY a writer and ideas, which sounds unlikely, or you'd have to be a very big name commanding a market share and bringing fans as automatic sales.

It's probably not what you want to hear, but my advise is to adapt and adjust.

Use your concepts and plots as portfolio that will help you get on board somewhere.

If you have reason to believe HR has repeatedly screened you out because of something on your resume/application, try to query smaller devs who are less likely to even have HR, OR manufacture a resume/application that will not get automatically binned (lie if you have to).

Also, unfortunately, my understanding is that game writers are usually expected to be coders, which could explain you being rejected even if you're great at what you do. Hopefully, your expressed willingness to work for peanuts, or in some consulting capacity, will help you get over that hurdle.

This may sound useless and impossible, but find ways/learn to befriend programmers who are starting out, people who can code but not write. There's a social network for everything now, right? Game forums, message boards, reddit?

I know you said straight writing is not what you do, but do it anyway. Try to get better. Try to get published. Find ways to adopt your plots and game designs into straight prose. Fantasy, sci fi, hell, there's even MMOlit genre out there now. Adapt. Learn.

Lastly, it's good to be confident, but saying things like : "Here, i can give them the plot that will easily beat plots of every major franchize of same genre out there. " is not helpful and frankly does not look good when you're trying to make an impression. A general rule of thumb is to tone-down self-aggrandizing adjectives. Let the work speak for itself.

From one struggling Ukrainian writer to another: good luck! :D

I do have a work to show - it's the game i already released. But it's not enough because i do not meet the requirements for the job, and because of that HR agents does not even look at it - their job is to find ones that will meet in all of those requirements, and nothing else. They are not the people who are making the call about what game to develop next, so even if they would read my work and like it - they still would be unable to help me because they have strict rules like "if applicant cannot do X, stop reading, scrap the letter, go to the next one". My goal is to somehow reach the game development department instead of HR, but it seems impossible since almost none of them have any contacts, or they do not respond back (like the one linked above).

I honestly have no idea if the problem are in me or in anything else because nobody wants to talk with me. So far i got only two semi-reliable pieces of information about the situation: 1) some developers legally unable to read things submitted by the non-team members (can be easily bypassed by letting me sign some document where i refuse all possible claims) 2) i asked people who work at HR about what's wrong with my application, and they all said they would ignore it because it does not meet the requirements.

Also my offer is unique because instead of offering to do work in the future, i (mostly) offer to show work that's alrady complete. And this is why i have the list of the works: i don't know what plans certain studio has for the future, maybe they want to make a story-driven shooter game? Here, i can give them the plot that will easily beat plots of every major franchize of same genre out there. They want to make horror? I have a concept for horror with asymmetrical coop, something that nobody else did before. They want to make crpg? I have an excellent story for it. Just look at it and compare it with what you planned to do. If my work is better, why not use it instead? Or why not make a small side-project out of it? But to know what to show i need to know what they are looking for first. This is why i am showing the list and letting them chose what interests them the most.

But maybe quality of my work does not matter, and it only matters who i am? Maybe i never had the chance to ever be listened and replied to because i was born like this. I wish that i would know what is wrong, but nobody telling me.

Well, like to told - this was one of the reasons why i wrote this letter. People from Poland should understand better how hard it is to perfectly learn English if you didn't study it since birth, and also already have some kind of English translators or at least correctors in team. But apart from that there isn't any other options left.
So English is your main issue? Or are there other requirements you're missing?

If English was the main problem I don't think that'd be too difficult to circumvent. But if you're missing other key experience, then yes, I agree that it sucks. A lot. But that's the way this industry, and most other industries, work. Spend the next year or two trying to gain experience that you can leverage into a job offer with CDPR.

I agree with @Barracuda88 that it's unreasonable to expect a company to use your ideas, though.

If you want to work for a game developer, you have to accept that you'll be starting at the bottom, and even if you get a senior position, you are at the whims of leadership. It isn't the random employees that dictate what games do and don't get made. CDPR has very specific franchises they focus on: The Witcher and Cyberpunk. That is ALL they make for the time being. That's what they want to be known for.

I'm not saying your ideas are bad, I haven't even seen them, perhaps they're fantastic. It's just now how game developers typically work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom